Manchester United v Newcastle United

McFaul

what a result. fair play to pardew like; it takes some performance to get a result at old trafford. we keep surpassing expectations, and you have to tip your hat to the manager when you look at the way he's had to assemble a side on a shoestring. i had no idea i'd be looking forward to motd so much this season.

i quite fancy a result against chelsea at home now. it'll be interesting to see though what the atmosphere is like. the team need backing but the owner needs slating too over the name change.

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ben Arfa showed flashes of genius that I hope will become more so when he gets more settled, although he showed his temperamental side for his booking.

Played well. I don't mind seeing players who want to stick up for their teammates. Its worth the yellow card to let each other and, more particularly, the opposition know that its a 'one in all in' mentality.

It was a bit daft but the ref should've booked Rooney for it anyway. Took two swings at Colo because of the firm challenge. Typical Man Utd wanker tbh, can give it in spades but can't take it.

The standard absolute twatful retaliation from him as you say.

Need him signed! Thought everyone did very well bar Raylor who had so many worrying touches.

His touches were worrying but his lack of touches were even more telling. We were defending without anyone in the LB position for vast swathes of the game. Didn't get the cover from Jonas he usually does perhaps but then it seemed Guti was pulled into the middle more.

Anyway even though the pen was an absolute shambolic decision it just goes to show what happens when you've got a player who can carry the ball and bring defenders onto you like that.

Krul simply world class.

Armfield kept repeating how predictable Ben arfa is on 5 live. Reckons he's one dimensional and easily sussed.

Playing a lone link up roll against the champions and gets us the penalty with a solo run. I'll take that brand of "one dimensional and easily sussed" any day of the week.

and slaloms through citys defence with ease and hits the post

as well as laying on a great chance for Ba,

did armfield give any reasoning behind his assertion?

Heard your match when I was driving home, what a brilliant defensive display and a fantastic result. Beat Chelsea and EVERYONE will take you seriously, well done Newcastle.

Yup. A win, draw, and a loss from the 'big 3' games would be more than I had hoped for. More importantly, it won't see us drop significantly down the table.

Whoa there cowboy, lets beat chelsea at home before talking about wins there shall we :lol:

Erm, what?

Beating Chelsea is by no means a given.

And nowhere in that post did I say it was a given, unless you chose to misread it that way.

Getting 4 points from the 3 games (aka a win, a draw and a loss) would more than satisfy me. Quite a simple point really.

Always has to use his left.

Thought he was talking shite without actually seeing the game, but to be fair the penalty isn't a good example...cos by all accounts Ferdinand took the ball off him.

Always has to use his left.

Thought he was talking shite without actually seeing the game, but to be fair the penalty isn't a good example...cos by all accounts Ferdinand took the ball off him.

He did take the ball-having had to slide tackle him in his own box after he'd beaten the initial player. It wasn't a penalty but in as far as it reflects on HBA it was a self made chance that helped us come from behind to get a point. If he's picking it up and running into the box with it at his feet I'm more than happy for defenders to have to slide tackle him-most will be worse defenders than Ferdinand.

Top class effort all round again to battle away when down to ten men, Krul outstanding, blocks, goal line clearances it was all in there! And a word for the officials, the offside was right, the pen was wrong but the fact is the linesmen and ref and the ball to make big calls to make and made them at Old Trafford against manu and there are very view officials out there who will.

So glad Colo made it though, not only do we need his class in there but he makes Taylor so much better as well by allowing Taylor to do the things he does well and with no Tiote its massive that Colo plays. Thought Pardew was pretty decent on the subs as well, Obertan is just back so wouldn't last 90 mins, Perch for all his massive liabilities as a starting defender can come on as a sub in midfield and work hard and Ben Arfa getting a rest when its backs to the walls makes sense too.

Ben Arfa looked like a player feeling his way back to fitness today, which he still is. Only his second start in the league for us and was playing in a tricky role. A bit concerned about his lack of pace, hope that is fitness not injury related. Need to remember that he is alao coming back from two injuries but I was a bit disappointed with his overall performance but that's because I really want him to succeed. Objectively, not amazing but he will get better.

Ben Arfa looked like a player feeling his way back to fitness today, which he still is. Only his second start in the league for us and was playing in a tricky role. A bit concerned about his lack of pace, hope that is fitness not injury related. Need to remember that he is alao coming back from two injuries but I was a bit disappointed with his overall performance but that's because I really want him to succeed. Objectively, not amazing but he will get better.

See what you're saying there, but not looking too much from him till he's started at least 6 or 7 games on the trot. Really happy he is at this club.

See what you're saying there, but not looking too much from him till he's started at least 6 or 7 games on the trot. Really happy he is at this club.

And the good thing is, in a game where he wasn't at his best he set up the pen out of nowhere, we need that player who in the big games (and indeed the lesser ones) can pull a moment out of the hat and get you a goal.

I want to see him continue in the team when we get back to playing the lesser teams. He has been over-hyped a tad but the "feeling his way back" line will only last so long imo - there have been glimpses to whet the appetite but I want more.

Given how often these things go the other way and nothing is said, it makes me cringe to see how much Man Utd fans (and their manager) are moaning about the penalty decision.

We was robbed a pen in the first half anyhow, right?

Ferguson has supposedly said its the worst he's ever seen - give me the Sky archives and I'll find a few for him to mull over.

I can remember a Giggs dive about 7 years ago at SJP (we lost 3-1 I think) which was a fucking disgrace.