Newcastle v Everton match thread (+ as a bonus , the Tim Krul! Thread)

Anorthernsoul

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well you've said, you spent most of youre time as a keeper and blame the keeper

tbh whenever Ive played its as a right back or centre half and I reckon it was the defender to blame

Ive not read any match reports, saw the highlights afterwards and have watched it a few times since so I'm going off my own opinion as I saw it

seems to be a fair split in opinion on here as for who was to blame and Ive said myself, I dont think Kruls blame free (though you mention the krul having a good season so people think hes blame free a lot, not said or seen it myself)

and now its "any pro will tell you..." but Ive seen no "pro" opinions on the incident itself anyway

and tbh we spend most of the time disagreeing with pros like the guys on sky sports or MOTD on here anyway.

tbf I did play to a fairly decent level as a keeper but also played left back in my time as well so can look at it from both perspectives.

Putting myself in both their positions, if I was in Williamson's place I'd be screaming at Krul demanding why he said fuck all and hesitated. If I was in Krul's position I'd be apologising to Williamson.

I've not said people have said that Krul is blame free, it's perception.

tbf I did play to a fairly decent level as a keeper but also played left back in my time as well so can look at it from both perspectives.

Putting myself in both their positions, if I was in Williamson's place I'd be screaming at Krul demanding why he said fuck all and hesitated. If I was in Krul's position I'd be apologising to Williamson.

More like Krul should've been screaming at Williamson for playing such a stupid header rather than kicking it out.

The ball was with Williamson the whole time, hence why Krul came out late. I think Krul himself was anticipating Williamson to hoof it away rather than expect a call.

I think Krul himself was anticipating Williamson to hoof it away rather than expect a call.

And herein lies the root of the problem in my mind. Krul should be commanding his box and his defence rather than anticipating what they will or will not do. Simple.

• 2 weeks later...

Another great performance today. Hope he is on a good clean sheet bonus cause he deserves it!

Some brilliant saves today. Was talk on Sunday Supplement yesterday of potential player of the season being a goalkeeper, with Krul mentioned.

What level did you play at?

Lee Ryder ‏ @lee_ryder Close

Tim Krul is now level with Joe Hart in the race for the Barclays Premier League golden glove with 13 clean sheets #nufc #mcfc

Didnt know they did a Golden Glove.

Hope he gets it!

That's no good for grip.

Would expect Hart to take the lead again with his game in hand at home against WBA.

Vorm & Friedel on 12 each too.

Tim Krul is now level with Joe Hart in the race for the Barclays Premier League golden glove with 13 clean sheets #nufc #mcfc

Hope he gets it!

That's no good for grip.

Would expect Hart to take the lead again with his game in hand at home against WBA.

Vorm & Friedel on 12 each too.

I think they could get a goal, Citys defence looked tired as fuck before getting worked over by arsenal

Hope he gets it!

He was nowhere near it til the recent run, which just goes to show how big a push it's been and credit to the lads.

Hart plays behind a defence assembled at the cost of billions and a midfield that have played much of the season with 70% possession, so he barely faces any shots for the most part. Krul's achievement vastly outstrips Hart's. He's been immense.

Guest CabayeAye

Don't see why he'd want to leave a club with a good shout for CL to go to a EL club who will sink like a stone when FFP comes in properly.

Don't see why he'd want to leave a club with a good shout for CL to go to a EL club who will sink like a stone when FFP comes in properly.

Cos they'll double his salary. And also because the other stuff you've said isn't entirely accurate.

20m bid from Chelsea expected at end of season.

They won't bid for him. Courtious (sp) has been class for Athletico Madrid this season.

Krul should've wiped him out to get the ball, in hindsight with colo limping and no other centre-backs probably wise he didn't, that being said Williamson should've hoofed it

basic defensive lesson "when in doubt boot it out" he didn't, so it's his fault.

Krul coming for it or not, if you think your keeper won't make it you don't take chances, same with clearing corners etc

to be fair, he was a bit of a flapper last season but has improved a lot this. He deserves the plaudits and like everybody else I hope he stays here.

In the premiership, commanding your box and taking charge of your defenders is a huge part of a keepers game, I agree that he should have just flattened Williamson.

Commanding the box like that was always the big weakness of Shay Given.

20m bid from Chelsea expected at end of season.

They won't bid for him. Courtious (sp) has been class for Athletico Madrid this season.

Krul counts as home grown or summink.

So why would they spend big money on the Belgian lad last summer?