Who has their Decorations Up?

Jan

Needless to say I haven't.

House is upside with my loft stuff being in the back room, but come Saturday night it should all be back in the loft and I can get my Christmas presents (when the arrive as I have ordered them all off the internet) in the spare room!

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my sister in law had hers up last week of november. madness. she calls me the grinch because i don't want to celebrate christmas all bastard year around. i don't want it shoved down my throat from the middle of autumn ffs; spoils it. christmas for me starts the week before the 25th when there's fuck all to do at work and everyone's coming in with hangovers or disappearing for liquid lunches, and goes through through till january 1st. that's when the tree should come down and we collectively feel miserable about the year ahead back at work and the amount of fat we need to shift after a 10 day booze and food-athon.

my sister in law had hers up last week of november. madness. she calls me the grinch because i don't want to celebrate christmas all bastard year around. i don't want it shoved down my throat from the middle of autumn ffs; spoils it. christmas for me starts the week before the 25th when there's fuck all to do at work and everyone's coming in with hangovers or disappearing for liquid lunches, and goes through through till january 1st. that's when the tree should come down and we collectively feel miserable about the year ahead back at work and the amount of fat we need to shift after a 10 day booze and food-athon.

About the only time I feel 'Christmassy' is the last day or two before the event itself. Love going out for a drink 23rd/24th often with a bit of last minute shopping hoyed in. Better than Xmas day and the bit in between and certainly better than New Year. I like the time off though.

I've had the advent candelabra up since the Sunday before last (obviously), but that'll probably be it. Maybe a bit of tinsel round some picture frames. Don't see much point in getting a tree since we won't be spending the Christmas period here anyway.

She put them up at the weekend. Can't be arsed with the hassle of it all me lije.

The cats had fun with it all though.

Edited by Jonny2J

She put them up at the weekend. Can't be arsed with the hassle of it all me lije.

The cats had fun with it all though.

Tinsel coming out the cats arse before you know it. "Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree. Your Ornaments are History."

We've put our tree up at work today. It's not great but I've cheered myself up by making an angel for the top out of a picture of my team leader in the 80s with a Keegan style perm. She's not in today but hopefully she'll be livid when she sees it. :)