January Transfer window 2012- Deadline Day Madness

Lake Bells tits

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems to be everytime i come on here to have a read of a thread and what not, i always come across Leazes moaning at someone. Get back in your shell you hermit.

it seemed like every time I came on here, a few years ago, to have a read of a thread, someone was moaning on about having a board who kept our best players, backed their managers, and we were playing in europe regularly.

Such as Gloomy, and mancmag who continually moaned about being "embarrassed" by it all.

By the way, what fantastic PR once again for Newcastle United to hijack the ANC and show case such a big signing. It will be all the talk today and can only do us very well in the future.

While we may not have the resources of the bankrolled clubs, we appear to be once again have that big club, big player feel back which can only help ease more deals over the lines.

To think only last week we were panicking about losing Ba, not knowing the real intention was to get a class No 9 to partner him.

The only downside to all of this is having to wait four weeks to see this team take to the field.

Cant wait for the mackems.

minus Krul, if current rumours are to be believed ?

Then what ?

Interesting example, a player who cost us nothing, yet adequately replaced a player sold for £6m. That must mean he's no good right?

it's pointless talking to people like you.

People who regularly point out the gaping chasm in your argument?

I admire your tenacity to stick to the same tried and tested lines in the face of such a tsunami of factual information that contradicts them.

Every successful football club (bar those owned by sugar daddy sheikhs and russian oligarchs) are run like businesses. Arsenal have been doing it for years and have consistently achieved CL status. At times they've received bids too good to turn down - occasionally because the player wants the move (see Fabregas, Cole, Nasri) or sometimes because they were selling them at the peak of their value before a inevitable slide in form (see Henry, Viera, Overmars and Petit). What all of these players have in common is that Arsenal made profits on those players, a fraction of which went back in to player recruitment, the rest to pay for operational costs, wages and I dare say shareholder dividends.

Where FFS went wrong is that he didn't recoup any real value from his assets. So we consistently bought players at the height of their potential worth and sold them for next to nothing or actually nothing (see Robert, Speed, Martins, Owen, Cort, Dyer).

Unless you see players as assets you will always have to find extra revenue to fund new players, and eventually the well will run dry and those wonderful Champions League nights that we all loved will NEVER return.

FMA, for all his faults, has managed to get the club back in a financial position where Europe is back as a possibility.

Good points, well made but sadly wasted on Leazes

sadly, it appears that, like so many people, you and the post you quote are cherry picking the last year or so and totally ignoring the first 13 years of the previous regime as if they never happened. Even worse is that if your man ever matches even the last couple of years of his predecessors, you will be pissing your pants with excitement, in your armchair too, such is the lowering of expectations that you have encompassed and accepted.

The club has been transported back to the70's and 80's in terms of expectations under Mike Ashley. If you witnessed this period, its easy enough to see, if you didn't then be told by someone who did.

Leazes, I know this has been said a million times before, but football has moved on, even since the days of SJH and FFS.

It is not possible to compete for the league and/or the champions league by out spending people like we used to. Look how much it took for Chelsea and Man City to compete at the top of the league. You're talking hundreds of millions of pounds. We simply don't make enough money as a club and we're not lucky enough to be backed by a sovereign state.

The only way we can compete is to follow the Arsenal model (as outlined above) and for my money that's the direction we are heading in.

rubbish.

Football has always been about the team with the most money, and how well NUFC have risen to the challenge. Only 2 teams are being bankrolled, like Jack Walker who also bought the league, and it is no excuse for NUFC to sell their best players and pocket the cash, especially when they had the 14th biggest revenues in football. How much more income does a club need not to have to sell their best players and pocket the cash ?

Can Ba even move during this window? he was still playing for Hoffenheim a year ago as of today and iirc you can't play for more than 3 clubs in a year. He moved to West Ham on January 28th so maybe that's the only time he could move? I don't see him going this window, more worried about the summer.

Can Ba even move during this window? he was still playing for Hoffenheim a year ago as of today and iirc you can't play for more than 3 clubs in a year. He moved to West Ham on January 28th so maybe that's the only time he could move? I don't see him going this window, more worried about the summer.

TBF, its all just talk and rumour, but we will be like this every window under the current ownership. Worried more about who may leave than who could come in.

The year runs from 1st July. So he has only played for us in that time.

To be honest, if a player actually WANTS to leave then they should fuck off IMO! (Not saying Ba wants to go btw).

fair point, but you should address the reason why they want to leave ? Agreed ?

Based on transfer sales over the last few windows an £18m bid for Ba does not activate any of Mike's clauses to sell.

1. Is the player wanting away/demanding more money?

2. Is their contract close to being up?

3. Is the player getting too old to justify awarding them their proposed long contract renewal?

4. Is the offer too good to turn down?

If there is this mooted clause in Ba's contract that's a different matter, of course he may be demanding renewed terms but he seems happy enough, perhaps even more so now Papiss has joined.

To be honest, if a player actually WANTS to leave then they should fuck off IMO! (Not saying Ba wants to go btw).

the PSG rumour will continue because he is a Paris born lad and a PSG fan

the arsenal one though? why leave us for them now? we've just signed one of his compatriots and we've got him in the form of his life, which is saying something considering his record in the past

Based on transfer sales over the last few windows an £18m bid for Ba does not activate any of Mike's clauses to sell.

3. Is the player getting too old to justify awarding them their proposed long contract renewal?

If there is this mooted clause in Ba's contract that's a different matter, of course he may be demanding renewed terms but he seems happy enough, perhaps even more so now Papiss has joined.

thing is, if there is a clause in Bas contract and Redknapp is to be trusted (I know I know) then why bid 18 million?

If a club like Arsenal came in for him though, the first point then could become valid.

By the way, what fantastic PR once again for Newcastle United to hijack the ANC and show case such a big signing. It will be all the talk today and can only do us very well in the future.

While we may not have the resources of the bankrolled clubs, we appear to be once again have that big club, big player feel back which can only help ease more deals over the lines.

To think only last week we were panicking about losing Ba, not knowing the real intention was to get a class No 9 to partner him.

The only downside to all of this is having to wait four weeks to see this team take to the field.

Cant wait for the mackems.

minus Krul, if current rumours are to be believed ?

Then what ?

Interesting example, a player who cost us nothing, yet adequately replaced a player sold for £6m. That must mean he's no good right?

it's pointless talking to people like you.

People who regularly point out the gaping chasm in your argument?

I admire your tenacity to stick to the same tried and tested lines in the face of such a tsunami of factual information that contradicts them.

Every successful football club (bar those owned by sugar daddy sheikhs and russian oligarchs) are run like businesses. Arsenal have been doing it for years and have consistently achieved CL status. At times they've received bids too good to turn down - occasionally because the player wants the move (see Fabregas, Cole, Nasri) or sometimes because they were selling them at the peak of their value before a inevitable slide in form (see Henry, Viera, Overmars and Petit). What all of these players have in common is that Arsenal made profits on those players, a fraction of which went back in to player recruitment, the rest to pay for operational costs, wages and I dare say shareholder dividends.

Where FFS went wrong is that he didn't recoup any real value from his assets. So we consistently bought players at the height of their potential worth and sold them for next to nothing or actually nothing (see Robert, Speed, Martins, Owen, Cort, Dyer).

Unless you see players as assets you will always have to find extra revenue to fund new players, and eventually the well will run dry and those wonderful Champions League nights that we all loved will NEVER return.

FMA, for all his faults, has managed to get the club back in a financial position where Europe is back as a possibility.

Good points, well made but sadly wasted on Leazes

sadly, it appears that, like so many people, you and the post you quote are cherry picking the last year or so and totally ignoring the first 13 years of the previous regime as if they never happened. Even worse is that if your man ever matches even the last couple of years of his predecessors, you will be pissing your pants with excitement, in your armchair too, such is the lowering of expectations that you have encompassed and accepted.

The club has been transported back to the70's and 80's in terms of expectations under Mike Ashley. If you witnessed this period, its easy enough to see, if you didn't then be told by someone who did.

Leazes, I know this has been said a million times before, but football has moved on, even since the days of SJH and FFS.

It is not possible to compete for the league and/or the champions league by out spending people like we used to. Look how much it took for Chelsea and Man City to compete at the top of the league. You're talking hundreds of millions of pounds. We simply don't make enough money as a club and we're not lucky enough to be backed by a sovereign state.

The only way we can compete is to follow the Arsenal model (as outlined above) and for my money that's the direction we are heading in.

rubbish.

Football has always been about the team with the most money, and how well NUFC have risen to the challenge. Only 2 teams are being bankrolled, like Jack Walker who also bought the league, and it is no excuse for NUFC to sell their best players and pocket the cash, especially when they had the 14th biggest revenues in football. How much more income does a club need not to have to sell their best players and pocket the cash ?

If you really don't think that the game has moved on, and that competing at the top isn't about absolute megamoney, then your acquaintance with reality is even slimmer than I thought.

Are you a jack russell?

A quick check on this rumour shows it originated from Caught Offside. No chance. I really can't see Wenger straying so far off his course that he spends 18 mil on Ba. It's unprecedented for Arsenal. I think the suggestion is that Ba will stay until at least the summer. Hell, we might be in Europe by then and going places again!

Players leave for two basic reasons. More money and/or a better chance of success.

I think we seem to have a good team spirit at the moment and we feel like a club on the up (compared to where we've been for the last few years - including the last three or four years of the Shepherd/Hall era and the first three or four years of the Ashley era). I'd be surprised if Ba wanted to leave at the moment but if he did I would not want him to stay. I don't miss Bassong, Enrique, Carroll, Barton or Nolan even though when they played for us I wanted them to stay. I'm sure more than one of them looks back at us and wonders if they made the right move.

We are doing things differently to how the Shepherds and Halls did but league positions are league positions. If we do it by unearthing cheaper young talent or buying big names I'm more interested in seeing us win something than how we do it. We've done this argument to death, I agree with a lot of what you say but I also want to enjoy this good season.

the PSG rumour will continue because he is a Paris born lad and a PSG fan

the arsenal one though? why leave us for them now? we've just signed one of his compatriots and we've got him in the form of his life, which is saying something considering his record in the past

I agree, I think he'd be mad to go now.

Players leave for two basic reasons. More money and/or a better chance of success.

I think we seem to have a good team spirit at the moment and we feel like a club on the up (compared to where we've been for the last few years - including the last three or four years of the Shepherd/Hall era and the first three or four years of the Ashley era). I'd be surprised if Ba wanted to leave at the moment but if he did I would not want him to stay. I don't miss Bassong, Enrique, Carroll, Barton or Nolan even though when they played for us I wanted them to stay. I'm sure more than one of them looks back at us and wonders if they made the right move.

We are doing things differently to how the Shepherds and Halls did but league positions are league positions. If we do it by unearthing cheaper young talent or buying big names I'm more interested in seeing us win something than how we do it. We've done this argument to death, I agree with a lot of what you say but I also want to enjoy this good season.

we would be better off with all of those 5 players still at the club, its quite amazing that anyone can think otherwise. I don't see why, for the most part, any player should want to leave NUFC for either monetary or career reasons, apart from a handful of glaring examples ie clubs that most players would die to play for.

Edited by LeazesMag

The players who replaced the departed players are as good or better, I think that's the idea of transfers.

A club without unlimited resources can't just collect players, It's not a fucking pannini sticker album

:lol:

Class.

The players who replaced the departed players are as good or better, I think that's the idea of transfers.

A club without unlimited resources can't just collect players, It's not a fucking pannini sticker album

:lol: