Arctic Monkeys

Jusoda Kid

The Arctic Monkeys  

48 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Canny - enjoyed them at Reading last year when it was obvious they were like kids on xmas day - probably should have given up there and then.

Edited by NJS

They are alright (better an lot of chart shit - but then what isn't?), but like most flavour of the moment bands in 5-10 years time it'll be "Arctic who?" no doubt.

I like them. Second album not a patch on the first though. Fwiw I think 'all their songs sound the same' is one of the laziest cliched comments you can make about a band.

Anything you are not keen on sounds the same. Never can see the point in discussing the merits of bands. Some arse always ends up saying 'you have been sucked in by the hype' when in fact it was my ears.

Meanwhile they listen to some monotonous thud from dance tracks that all sound the same. :lol:

good band. i like to see more british bands singing in their accents and coming up with lyrics as good as alex.

The problem I have with the Arctic Monkeys is their singer, I just can't stand his voice. I think a few of their songs are all right but if they had different vocals I might be tempted to buy them.

And as for their absolutely terrible cover of Love Machine :outahere::fuk:<_<:drinks:<_<:rant::redcard::rtfm::stop::suicide::down::finger::lol:

good band. i like to see more british bands singing in their accents and coming up with lyrics as good as alex.

The problem I have with the Arctic Monkeys is their singer, I just can't stand his voice. I think a few of their songs are all right but if they had different vocals I might be tempted to buy them.

And as for their absolutely terrible cover of Love Machine :outahere::redcard::drinks:<_<:rant::fuk::rtfm::stop::suicide::finger::down::down::lol:

Only someone with as appaling musical taste as you could be enraged at somebody 'ruining' a Girls Aloud song. <_<

pre -ruined perhaps. nadine coyle's fit and can sing.

the arctic monkeys frontman reminds me of Mark e Smith... :outahere:

He is nowt like Mark E Smith :lol:

Mind you, Brix Smith shagging.gif<_<

• 4 years later...

Was listening to some random crap on Spotify the other day trying to find something new to listen to, but in the end got bored and stuck some Arctic Monkeys on instead.

Ended up listening to a load of B sides on there and the last 2 albums.

I know they aren't everyone's cup of tea but in this day and age they really are light years ahead of any other British band out there.

Even Alex Turner's solo stuff that he did for some film recently is top notch.

One thing that strikes me about them is that no 2 albums are the same, they vary it loads whilst always retaining the catchy guitar riffs with interesting lyrics that helped them become noticed.

I know some may find this weird to say but I honestly think they are a very underated band... sadly they were really over hyped at the start and as a result I think some people got bored of them very quickly, but their albums all have lots of depth and like I said vary a lot from each other.

Any other fans on here?

Underrated and overhyped?

Difficult trick to pull off.

If we're talking underappreciated current British bands I'm going to go for the Bees. Said as much in the listening thread the other day, but they've done some excellent stuff and still play tiny little venues.

If we're talking underappreciated current British bands I'm going to go for the Bees. Said as much in the listening thread the other day, but they've done some excellent stuff and still play tiny little venues.

I think with AM it became not cool to like them... they were victims of their own success and so in that sense they are very under rated now due to being so over hyped at the start.

Not listened to the Bees so will have a look in to their stuff :)

Gibb is still alive, so technically they're still the BeeGees

3rd album was good but can be improved by replacing a couple of tracks with the B-sides from around the time. 4th was a mis-step but had some of Turner's better tracks like Love is a Laserquest.

Recent B-sides and singles suggest they're getting back to writing some good heavier tunes rather than the naff ones like Brick by Brick and Don't Sit Down.

Will always listen to their stuff as they soundtracked my teens tbh