Holidays 2012

Jan

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

April - Belgium for the Tour of Flanders again.

Then nothing planned really. Were saving for a big trip to New York next year, plus the house move is costing us. Will have the odd trip to Northumbria, Lakes and Peaks. I am racing in North Yorks a lot this year so were going to make them long weekends and stay more.

Were looking at a trip to Berlin, which I am excited about :)

hehe yeah inbetweeners were there :)

They were actually in Magaluf ;)

Going to Kos for 10 days for a chill out in August and hoping to book Vegas for late September/October so it's still hot but not too hot.

It's always hot in Vegas bro ;)

Going to Kos for 10 days for a chill out in August and hoping to book Vegas for late September/October so it's still hot but not too hot.

It's always hot in Vegas bro ;)

:) I know it's hot for about 10 months of the year but the missus went in December and it was -2 during the day. Can't imagine walking around at night time during July/August, was bad enough when I went in May!

Embarrassed to be you right now.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/travel/3763546/Sun-Travel-Inbetweeners-boost-Malia-hols.html

Haven't got anything booked, but in the last couple of years I've had friends move to Florida, Australia, Cyprus and Spain so there's lots of potential for just booking flights and not having to find accommodation.

However, both of our passports have run out and the bairn needs his first one so it'll cost us more to get the sodding passports than it would to book flights for Spain. That's one for the pet hates thread if I could be bothered....

Vegas in March for a week which coincides with my 23rd birthday.

Magaluf for a stag do in May. Never been but for some reason I can't stand Magaluf.

Hoping to go to Thailand at the end of the year "because it's cheap." Mates just got back from there and spent 2 and a half grand, it's not cheap, dispite the lies people tell you. Turkeys not cheap aswell, that's another myth I've heard.

Like you have to go :lol: In fact, if someone's getting married abroad, it's the perfect excuse not to go.

Well one of the weddings is my sister's so kind of difficult to get out of that, the other is one of my best mates so again it's hard to get out of.

IMO if you're going to get married abroad then fuck off somewhere thousands of miles away where the rest of us aren't expected to go.

I suggest you grow some balls otherwise we'll soon by having a similar conversation, only it'll be your ridiculously expensive wedding in a far flung place we're on about ;)

Just got back from Krakow

Going back again in March

Malaga, May

Optimus Alive Festival, Portugal - looking less likely as we haven't booked anything and flights are going up

If not - Magaluf is looking likely in July/August

New York - October/November ish - not booked

English Festival hopefully

We've given up on Portugal. Expanded the search and immediately found tons of apartments in Lanzarote that fit the bill, so it's off to Costa Teguise in May. Which is what I'd have preferred in the first place anyway. Passive-aggressive win! :boogie:

Fancy renting a cottage on the West coast of Scotland for Easter, I have not been up there since I was a kid.

This summer we are either flying to Rhodes for a week and then onto Karpathos for 10 days or driving to Greece via Belgrade to visit friends.

Anyone going to New York might like this blog. It's basically a bloke moaning about how New York is going to shit, and focussing on the good stuff that's left. Down the right hand side of the page are guides to different districts in the city, sort of a hidden gems type thing.

I've linked to the guide to Gramercy, but there's plenty others to choose from.

http://lostnewyorkcity.blogspot.com/2009/06/lost-citys-guide-to-gramercy.html

I'm off to Paris in February. Booked a meal and the 1st floor of the tower at 58 Tour Eiffiel. it was £130, so it better be decent. Its a surprise for the girlfriend. Other than that i've booked the tickets for the Eiffiel Tower tickets, and we plan on walking from the tower to Arc De Triumphe then from there to the Louvre. So a canny walk is planned.

Anyone been to Alcudia before, or C'an Picafort? Looking for 7+ nights all inclusive at either and not sure where to go, some people on TripAdvisor are twats like. :lol:

Are you looking for the cheapest possible all inclusive 4 star hotel you can get? I had a quick look on Teletext/icelolly last week and those two destinations were the ones that came up.

Then I decided that I didn't want to spend a week surrounded by cheap twats (like myself) who were only there because it was the cheapest possible holiday.