NUFC summer transfer activity thread

Baggio

Some clubs have gone mad, namely QPR and it looks like Spurs. QPR will improve a bit as they were lacking quality all over the park, but Spurs look like to be spending loads and I'm not sure they are really better off. They already have two good keepers so why another??

They've lost VDV and Modric two of the most creative players on their day and replaced with Dembele and Moutinho...The latter imo are inferior. Moutinho at 22m is ridiculous. He is a decent creative CM but not in Modric league. They've also bid 25m for Willian and been turned down. Not sure about AVB's sanity. :lol:

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some clubs have gone mad, namely QPR and it looks like Spurs. QPR will improve a bit as they were lacking quality all over the park, but Spurs look like to be spending loads and I'm not sure they are really better off. They already have two good keepers so why another??

They've lost VDV and Modric two of the most creative players on their day and replaced with Dembele and Moutinho...The latter imo are inferior. Moutinho at 22m is ridiculous. He is a decent creative CM but not in Modric league. They've also bid 25m for Willian and been turned down. Not sure about AVB's sanity. :lol:

Moutinho is a good player, but he's completely different to Modric & VDV so it's hard to compare. He's never been used as a creative force whenever i've seen porto play...

Those two are a massive loss for them tbh.

Raylor has done his Anterior Cruciate Ligament.

Feel for the lad. Always seem to have a few good performances and then gets fucked by injury.

They've fucked up. Again.

I thought we'd finally moved on but they've done it again.

Livid with the club.

Give it a couple of hours. Pards had his poker face on and the agents of the players we've been linked with will give in. ;)

They've fucked up. Again.

I thought we'd finally moved on but they've done it again.

Livid with the club.

Aye, the Bastards. Keeping hold of the star players, delivering European football and finishing fifth, MASSIVELY ahead of every ones expectations.

What a set of cunts.

Sack the board!

Aye, the Bastards. Keeping hold of the star players, delivering European football and finishing fifth, MASSIVELY ahead of every ones expectations.

What a set of cunts.

Sack the board!

It's not about that CT. It's about not pushing on despite an anaemic squad, we've needed a centre back for so long that I can't remember ever having sufficient defensive back up. Plus the problems with Debuchy/not sorting out a replacement etc. We've done so well to get this far and wanting to push on even further doesn't make us little leazes mags.

We've needed these players since last January. We're going to go a full year (at least) without strengthening the defence. We're stuck with Shola as our only out and out striker if Senegal qualify for the ACON.

In fact - for all we know Anita might not turn out to be as good as Guthrie, who is a proven PL player. We've WEAKENED the squad. At least Best and Lovenkrands were there as options. A squad that has a guaranteed 6 extra games this season, games the young lads who played against Atromitos failed to impress in.

edit; not to mention we'll be without Ryan Taylor for ages now too.

Edited by Monroe Transfer

We need the right players not panic buys to keep us all happy.

For whatever reasons we have been unable to get our first choice targets over the line. Some will blame Ashley.

If we have to now wait a few months to get the right players in Im okay with that. I remember this time last year the doom and gloom because we hadnt landed the big number 9. It was worth the wait to get the right man.

The rebuild of this club is a marathon not a race. The way some are going on is laughable.

We have taken some good steps forward recently CT and the lack of strengthening in key areas is undermining it!

Be nice for a change if all the doom mongers waited for it to go tits up for real, rather than simply in their perceived future.

We've had about 3 season now of the same people forecasting doom and gloom. Each time they have been proved wrong.

Edited by Christmas Tree