WBA v Newcastle Sunday 4pm

Happy Face

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

he doesn't look small, he is small, and of course he needs some sort of strength about him in defense even if he is out at the sides, are you saying they never defend against forwards? :jesuswept:

Aye you're right we're never whinging about lb/rb's not being able to defend properly, send on mr muscle.

It's maddening on here the amount of people who whinge about tactics and such one minute or our game plan but are happy to lob in someone who can barely get on the bench once in a blue moon to feature in a key position when we're pushing for a spot in europe.

I'm saying the majority of their play isn't about strength, it's about having the pace to get back and marshal their area to stop crosses coming in, in fact strength doesn't play a part much at all for a fullback.

It seems a moot point anyway as you've made up your mind that because he's not very big to look at he must lack strength which is bollocks btw, it's like saying everyone tall must be good in the air but it just doesn't work like that, unless you've got some specific incidence that you can point to of him lacking strength and getting brushed off the ball easily?

You definitely need a degree of strength at fullback, claiming otherwise indicates you haven't played much football. You very often go shoulder to shoulder with either a winger or a striker running channels, strength will help you win in that situation as well as in a 50/50 or going forward or any form of tackle. Don't think it's much of an issue as I think we're more likely to play Jonas at LB than Ferguson

It's more likely that Pardew will play Perch at fullback than Ferguson, though I'd probably rather Feguson. All of that is assuming Simpson is out.

Fergusons positioning has been very ordinary when he has played. He likes to push too far up the pitch - probably because he's not a natural defender. Perch's positioning is worse, and he's far less talented on the ball.

Santon is no defensive powerhouse either so we'll be up against it as West Brom love to score against us.

Hysterically speaking,......... must admit I have misgivings about this one based on the fact that other results are going in our favour and when that happens we historically shoot ourselves in the foot.

On the brighter side, we're due to have a good game as we haven't had one for a while.

What qualities as a winger do you see in Ferguson?

Can cross first time, can scamper to the bye line and cross and can dribble into the box and shoot. All things he's done during his brief appearances to date.

Whether he can do it consistently is another wing. But I'd like to see him get his shot.

Got to be due a really good performance haven't we?

Nervous as fuck given what's already been said about our tendency to fuck opportunities like this up, but as I'm feeling happy today I think Ba and Cisse will become the destroyers and we will have a goal fest.

6-1

Aye it is like. When the stage is set for us to do well we normally fuck it up.

Fear Not JawD for I, SuperShane am here to save the day!!! Da da da daaaaaaa.

punny_body1.jpg

he doesn't look small, he is small, and of course he needs some sort of strength about him in defense even if he is out at the sides, are you saying they never defend against forwards? :jesuswept:

Aye you're right we're never whinging about lb/rb's not being able to defend properly, send on mr muscle.

It's maddening on here the amount of people who whinge about tactics and such one minute or our game plan but are happy to lob in someone who can barely get on the bench once in a blue moon to feature in a key position when we're pushing for a spot in europe.

I'm saying the majority of their play isn't about strength, it's about having the pace to get back and marshal their area to stop crosses coming in, in fact strength doesn't play a part much at all for a fullback.

It seems a moot point anyway as you've made up your mind that because he's not very big to look at he must lack strength which is bollocks btw, it's like saying everyone tall must be good in the air but it just doesn't work like that, unless you've got some specific incidence that you can point to of him lacking strength and getting brushed off the ball easily?

You definitely need a degree of strength at fullback, claiming otherwise indicates you haven't played much football. You very often go shoulder to shoulder with either a winger or a striker running channels, strength will help you win in that situation as well as in a 50/50 or going forward or any form of tackle. Don't think it's much of an issue as I think we're more likely to play Jonas at LB than Ferguson

This man is one of the best full backs in the world

ashley3.jpg

Nervous as fuck given what's already been said about our tendency to fuck opportunities like this up, but as I'm feeling happy today I think Ba and Cisse will become the destroyers and we will have a goal fest.

6-1

6-1? Has the lack of calories made you deluded?

6-1

6-1? Has the lack of calories made you deluded?

Probably, but just takes us to finally click for once against a poor team and we could go to Town.

As usual it will all depend on whether we feed the Dembas.