WBA v Newcastle Sunday 4pm

Happy Face

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest CabayeAye

I'd like to see Raylor at LB and Santon at RB. I say "like", it's our least shit solution ATM. I'd like to see a proper LB signed and Simpson kept as backup.

Could we not just play Ben Arfa on the left wing and Jonas left back, he coped fine with the entire wing pretty much to himself against Norwich so he wont need Ben Arfa to support him too much then put Santon right back with Guthrie (if Tiote's still out?) / Obertan ahead of him.

Since when have you had to be huge to play at full back?

I would have given Ferguson a run there before now, if the club sees him as a fullback and he can get up and down well then go for it.

Guest CabayeAye

I'd like to see Raylor at LB and Santon at RB. I say "like", it's our least shit solution ATM. I'd like to see a proper LB signed and Simpson kept as backup.

Raylors injured

Bugger. In that case, We'll have to use Simpson and Santon. If Tiote is OK, I'd use:

----------------Krul---------------

Simpson Perch Colo Santon

----------Guthrie Tiote---------

Ben Arfa---Cabaye---Jonas-

---------------Cisse-------------

Hate to leave Ba out, but he's been poor lately and we need to bolster the midfield to protect the weak back four. Williamson's been shocking recently, so Perch gets his chance. I also include Guthrie, because it's a waste using Cabaye as a DM. Ben Arfa and Jonas will be expected to tuck in and join Cisse on the attack with Cabaye running into the No. 10 position.

BUT PARDEW WON'T TRY ANYTHING LIKE THIS!!

He'll play

------------------Krul

Simpson Williamson Colo Santon

***************HOOOOF**************

--------------(Bypassed)-------------

----------------Ba/Ameobi------------

And we'll either get turned over or get a piss poor 1-0 win if they're shocking (like last week).

Set up perfectly for us tomorrow.

Watch us fuck it up.

Its happend so many times this season

Not so many times as last season....before Stevie Taylor's injury we were beating every team we conceiveably could be beating. Last week and tomorrow could be very important. We go level on points with Chelsea...wonder if their bunch of bell ends will down tools in the league and concentrate on the FA cup?.....

Edited by PaddockLad

Raylors injured

Bugger. In that case, We'll have to use Simpson and Santon. If Tiote is OK, I'd use:

----------------Krul---------------

Simpson Perch Colo Santon

----------Guthrie Tiote---------

Ben Arfa---Cabaye---Jonas-

---------------Cisse-------------

Hate to leave Ba out, but he's been poor lately and we need to bolster the midfield to protect the weak back four. Williamson's been shocking recently, so Perch gets his chance. I also include Guthrie, because it's a waste using Cabaye as a DM. Ben Arfa and Jonas will be expected to tuck in and join Cisse on the attack with Cabaye running into the No. 10 position.

BUT PARDEW WON'T TRY ANYTHING LIKE THIS!!

He'll play

------------------Krul

Simpson Williamson Colo Santon

***************HOOOOF**************

--------------(Bypassed)-------------

----------------Ba/Ameobi------------

And we'll either get turned over or get a piss poor 1-0 win if they're shocking (like last week).

Simpsons injured hence talk of the Shaninator.

Since when have you had to be huge to play at full back?

I would have given Ferguson a run there before now, if the club sees him as a fullback and he can get up and down well then go for it.

i didn't say huge, did i mention the word huge anywhere? no

what i said was he looks like a ballboy and he makes the da silva twins look built like tiote, it's not that he's "not huge" it's that he looks like bono needs to start up a charity to feed the starving fullback

He's lightweight for a winger, let alone a fullback.

Evra for instance, isn't huge, but he's clearly got a bit of strength, Enrique, baines, even that muppet at spurs, all of which look about 3x the size of Ferguson, jesus even simpson looks like mr.t beside him.

But why does it matter if he looks small? It's not like he's at centre back and up against a physical striker is it? Wingers are usually more of a spender build.

Seems like people are having a cry for the sake of it to me, especially as he's not shown any signs of being brushed off the ball easily that o can remember.

Simpsons injured hence talk of the Shaninator.

Funny, on page 1 you said he was doubtful. Now he's definitely out?? Make your mind up!! :lol:

he doesn't look small, he is small, and of course he needs some sort of strength about him in defense even if he is out at the sides, are you saying they never defend against forwards? :jesuswept:

Aye you're right we're never whinging about lb/rb's not being able to defend properly, send on mr muscle.

It's maddening on here the amount of people who whinge about tactics and such one minute or our game plan but are happy to lob in someone who can barely get on the bench once in a blue moon to feature in a key position when we're pushing for a spot in europe.

I'm saying the majority of their play isn't about strength, it's about having the pace to get back and marshal their area to stop crosses coming in, in fact strength doesn't play a part much at all for a fullback.

It seems a moot point anyway as you've made up your mind that because he's not very big to look at he must lack strength which is bollocks btw, it's like saying everyone tall must be good in the air but it just doesn't work like that, unless you've got some specific incidence that you can point to of him lacking strength and getting brushed off the ball easily?

The Liverpool result made this an excellent chance for us, if we go 8 points clear they'll not catch us.

If we beat them they'll not catch us.

Liverpool up next after tomorrow and all.

A nice 11 point gap between us if we win both matches :lol:

That plus a Europa League spot would equal an immensely satisfying end to the season.