mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

I know this sounds like a "mag at work" tale but the wife, kids and I were at Derwent manor hotel Sunday night (cracking deal dinner, bed and breakfast for 4 £120). GOt there and there was a makem wearing his strip on check in and my immediate thought was that this is a nice hotel not fucking Benidorm. Not only was he still wearing it to dinner but the smelly cunt was wearing it for breakfast the next morning. Now I know there will be Newcastle fans who do this also but it totally made him look like a tramp.

I know this sounds like a "mag at work" tale but the wife, kids and I were at Derwent manor hotel Sunday night (cracking deal dinner, bed and breakfast for 4 £120). GOt there and there was a makem wearing his strip on check in and my immediate thought was that this is a nice hotel not fucking Benidorm. Not only was he still wearing it to dinner but the smelly cunt was wearing it for breakfast the next morning. Now I know there will be Newcastle fans who do this also but it totally made him look like a tramp.

"I wus at a ry-ut posh hoetel afore me custody heeerin' an this smelly mag wus theyuh. Ah sees him nerrtus us cos I'm a massif lads fan an that. So a wears me Johnson 6-in-a-rowuh top al weekend, but ee bottled it an sez nowt. Iffin ee'd say owt ah wud of battered him. HAHAHA LOL FTM"

I suppose they're just going to carry on doing stuff like that every time Sir Bobby comes up. I love when they start a thread like that acting as if it's all brand new information to them btw :lol:.  "So it seems like the mags love Sir Bobby Robson, but didn't some of them give him abuse decades before he was managing them? Then some parts of the fan base gave him abuse and wanted him out? This is all brand new information to me and I'm sure it's never been used to point score ever before", another classy thing for them to point score over of course. 

Going by that sort of logic there can never be a complaint by any fan of Sunderland "football" club about a nonce because sections of their fan base gave strong vocal backing to a full on nonce.

Oh and also I thought we were pretty clearly told at the end of last season that they'd never discuss NUFC since we weren't in the Premier League. Seems they're still talking about every little thing concerning Newcastle. If fans of a club wanting to pay any sort of tribute to a club legend is something that riles them up they really need to take stock of their lives.

Edited by Howay

I suppose they're just going to carry on doing stuff like that every time Sir Bobby comes up. I love when they start a thread like that acting as if it's all brand new information to them btw [emoji38]. "So it seems like the mags love Sir Bobby Robson, but didn't some of them give him abuse decades before he was managing them? Then some parts of the fan base gave him abuse and wanted him out? This is all brand new information to me and I'm sure it's never been used to point score ever before", another classy thing for them to point score over of course.

Going by that sort of logic there can never be a complaint by any fan of Sunderland "football" club about a nonce because sections of their fan base gave strong vocal backing to a full on nonce.

Oh and also I thought we were pretty clearly told at the end of last season that they'd never discuss NUFC since we weren't in the Premier League. Seems they're still talking about every little thing concerning Newcastle. If fans of a club wanting to pay any sort of tribute to a club legend is something that riles them up they really need to take stock of their lives.

Their "thoughts" on Bobby is why I'd have no qualms nuking the place.

Their "thoughts" on Bobby is why I'd have no qualms nuking the place.

:lol: 

Honestly man it's fucking absurd the way they go on. Sir Bobby comes up a couple of times a year and without fail they crawl out their holes to scream hypocrisy, it's honestly like saying someone cannot show any sadness their father died because that person once was nasty to him. It speaks to the level of them lot that they wont just let NUFC fans show respect to a club legend.

Honestly man it's fucking absurd the way they go on. Sir Bobby comes up a couple of times a year and without fail they crawl out their holes to scream hypocrisy, it's honestly like saying someone cannot show any sadness their father died because that person once was nasty to him. It speaks to the level of them lot that they wont just let NUFC fans show respect to a club legend.

:lol: reading both posts. :good:

(And NJS's, tbf).

Edited by Howmanheyman

Honestly, man. It's sometimes laughable, sometimes gets your back up but always 100% pathetic. Cards on the table, I was lucky enough to meet him and he was a genuine class act, knew his stuff and had more energy than a bloke his age should've had, especially the 2nd time I met him, (it was a Fri morning and we'd just played Basel away the night before!)......however...... I was one of the many who thought it was maybe time a CL club like ourselves should start looking for a new man like the up and coming Benitez or a Mourinho, you know, someone like that and not Graeme fucking Souness. That isn't spitting on him or hounding him out for any mackems reading this. :good:

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/a-cheeky-win-for-villa-please-oh-please.1332326/

"A cheeky win for Villa against the sinkers up the road on Monday and I wouldn't be surprised if we saw bit of a melt down.

Pressure would be on against Bristol - then Brighton....with on form Huddersfield only 5 points behind them in 3rd at the moment.

Could be funny on Monday night."

I hate the mags, (but I don't like to talk about it).

Edited by Howmanheyman

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/a-cheeky-win-for-villa-please-oh-please.1332326/

"A cheeky win for Villa against the sinkers up the road on Monday and I wouldn't be surprised if we saw bit of a melt down.

Pressure would be on against Bristol - then Brighton....with on form Huddersfield only 5 points behind them in 3rd at the moment.

Not as funny as them winning 4-0 one week and getting howked 4-0 the week after was, I'll tell them that for nowt.

Honestly, man. It's sometimes laughable, sometimes gets your back up but always 100% pathetic. Cards on the table, I was lucky enough to meet him and he was a genuine class act, knew his stuff and had more energy than a bloke his age should've had, especially the 2nd time I met him, (it was a Fri morning and we'd just played Basel away the night before!)......however...... I was one of the many who thought it was maybe time a CL club like ourselves should start looking for a new man like the up and coming Benitez or a Mourinho, you know, someone like that and not Graeme fucking Souness. That isn't spitting on him or hounding him out for any mackems reading this. :good:

Spot on, I remember a lot at the time definitely having similar sentiments. There was of course the abusive section but every fanbase has that ffs, sections of Man Utd's support will have given Ferguson grief over the years it doesn't mean Man Yoo fans can't hold him up as a club legend. Iirc a lot of people were frustrated with the disrespect Robson was being shown by sections of the playing staff and were questioning if he was up to dealing with it or if it was time for him to move upstairs to a DoF type role, the fact they sacked him and brought in Souness wasn't something the fans were demanding. Aye it's hilarious for people looking at where we are now and thinking the fan base was demanding too much then but we'd been flirting with the CL on and off for a considerable period of time at that point, and hindsight is always 20/20. 

He's a true club legend and was always well loved by the majority of the fan base, did some let their frustration turn a bit nasty? I'm sure it did, just like every manager on the planet has faced at one time or another but it definitely wasn't the majority. Again I've no knowledge or recollection of him being spat on by the fanbase during his tenure, I was always told he had bovril hoyed off him when he was England manager and had dropped Keegan but that was before my time. Not like the mackems to be completely wrong mind.

Edited by Howay

:lol: Christ man the level of obsession from them. I expect a "hope Villa beat the mags" type thing but to actually be looking into the table, upcoming fixtures, the form of nearby teams in the lower division (that they DO NOT CARE ABOUT as it's the 'lower leagues') is fucking sad.

How many threads are they going to make along those lines? It was Derby that were going to send us crashing down the league recently that was going to be hilarious, that worked out really well... They are acting like 5 points is really close, that means they need to win 2 more than us and for us to lose 2 more than them over the remainder of the season, is it possible? of course it is but it's also predicated on nobody else slipping up either. I'm not saying 5 points is massive but it's not exactly a razor thin margin ffs. It could be an 8 point gap by Monday night, they've also just got themselves another game after forcing a replay in the cup with their thin squad.

They should worry far more about their own situation ffs rather than looking at the outside possibility of us missing out on promotion.