mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

2 minutes ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

Who are there current rivals? 

Still think us, but if they go down again I think we have to consider that they're just too small a team to be a rival. We should perhaps consider adopting them as one of those small clubs bigger teams loan players to. Like Gateshead.

Just now, Tdansmith said:

They will be down Saturday IMO 

Cattermole thinks they've got going now mind. 3 straight draws against midtable opposition will have put the fear into any side in that division for sure.

Just now, Rayvin said:

Cattermole thinks they've got going now mind. 3 straight draws against midtable opposition will have put the fear into any side in that division for sure.

I honestly think they will get beat off Burton and Birmingham get a point at home to Sheff utd,  its bye bye.

2 minutes ago, Tdansmith said:

I honestly think they will get beat off Burton and Birmingham get a point at home to Sheff utd,  its bye bye.

A draw and it's over no matter what happens I think. They basically need 3 wins out of 3 to have a realistic chance. It's not just the points it's having to get significantly more than two sides over those last 3 games. But I can see them winning on Saturday

I can see Burton beating them, which would be brilliant after their craic last season. 

I saw rumours we’re in for their two young strikers Asoro and Maja. Can’t say I’ve ever seen them but it’s be nice as a first step to them becoming a feeder club for us. 

17 minutes ago, Alex said:

A draw and it's over no matter what happens I think. They basically need 3 wins out of 3 to have a realistic chance. It's not just the points it's having to get significantly more than two sides over those last 3 games. But I can see them winning on Saturday

they're down. there is no chance of them winning three on the bounce, surely. they've only won six all season

6 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

And even if they did they'd still go down

You reckon both Birmingham and Bolton will get at least 4 points from 9?

Aye but all 3 have been dogshite enough that I think 3 wins on the bounce might well be good enough (not that that's going to happen anyway).

Just now, adios said:

Aye but all 3 have been dogshite enough that I think 3 wins on the bounce might well be good enough (not that that's going to happen anyway).

I'd fancy 2 of the 3 to get 44 points. Combination of fight and some teams potentially being on the proverbial beach 

2 hours ago, The Fish said:

You'd have thought they'd have been glad of the bums on seats. Surely, rather that not selling the tickets, it's dead easy to make sure only Wolves fans with a certain number of loyalty points get them?

If I owned a pub in Newcastle I'd get on the Wolves message boards and on twitter offering their game shown live, a free pint for every season ticket etc.

If they wanted bums on seats they'd have given us the full stand in the 4-1 Luque wrapped it up game as they were already relegated and half of them did the usual disappearing act. They'd rather it was as low key as possible and no sniggering at the back at their plight.