mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

Still they’ll always have that shot he put over the bar in the derby to look back on or something. 

If that speculative effort were just an inch or two lower Dubravka would have saved it but IMAJUN if it went in marras.

• Haha 14

42 minutes ago, Howay said:

£100k :lol: :lol: 

I sense a working lift in their very bright future.

• Haha 16

They’re all dreaming they’ll get Diallo on loan from Man U a bloke who helped them reach the dizzying heights of 6th place on goal difference last season. 

Tbf you can see why they’re all excited about their model, so far they’ve not sold anyone for any sort of profit, they’ve downgraded their manager, and are clinging to the hope that they’ll pay someone else to loan one of that clubs youth players to give them game time. From the outside looking in you’d say there’s absolutely no sign of any model, aside from the mackems usual of loaning other peoples players and putting all their hope into that loan player. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

As far as I can see the only thing that differentiates their ‘model’ from other skint championship clubs is the excessive use of the word ‘model’. 

• Haha 12

19 minutes ago, Renton said:

The model. :lol:

Tbf to the club, I don't think they really ever promoted the model. Seems to be a thing purely imagined by the MLF's of the SMB. 

A bit like religion, it's something people hold onto because without it they'd realise just how pointless their existence is.

• Haha 7

3 hours ago, Alex said:

As far as I can see the only thing that differentiates their ‘model’ from other skint championship clubs is the excessive use of the word ‘model’. 

Sexy Hot Girl GIF by Cappa Video Productions

The model

• Haha 8

3 hours ago, Alex said:

According to one of the mackems at work it's something their DOF has been blagging since he joined. The model of buying young players at bargain prices and selling them on at a massive profit, but in his eyes just means they buy shite and get stuck with shite because so far all they have bought is shite :lol:

The 'model' is just the Mike Ashley 'model' in reality, and unless you have capable people in post it's likely to lead to disaster. It works at Brighton because they have a mint scouting network that they spend fortunes on. Sunderland have a director of football who plays fifa once a week :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

:lol: Considering Birmingham got both for essentially nothing, and the mackems paid £3m + % of next sale for a player that hasn’t really shown much…. I’d say Birmingham. 

• Haha 3

Aye, but did Pritchards brother spend all his free time stepping over dogshit in Roker? 

Sometimes the benefits of a player aren’t always on the pitch , according to The Model 

• Haha 4

At this point the Sunderland 'model' is more like the 'model' in that Netflix documentary who murdered kittens by putting them in vacuum bags than it is an actual business model.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Howay said:

:lol: Considering Birmingham got both for essentially nothing, and the mackems paid £3m + % of next sale for a player that hasn’t really shown much…. I’d say Birmingham. 

I don’t know if you’d realised but he’s now destined to be world class again. This is after doing well in a home win against a team currently lying 19th in the championship. Feast or famine on RTG 

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Howay said:

"Or did they both?"

This misses the distinct and most likely possibility that both clubs are losers here.

• Haha 8