mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

4 minutes ago, Alex said:

I mean wtaf? If RTG if anything like representative (I’d like to think it’s not btw) then a canny few thought Mowbray’s time was up. I couldn’t get my head round that but who in the name of god do they think their owners would have lined up if Beale was forced out after a handful of games? You’re probably looking at someone already there holding the reins until the end to f the season. I know I’m biased but I’ve never known a fanbase so determined to make life difficult for their own team playing at home. I really don’t get it. Then they have the cheek to go on like they have a vastly superior fanbase to us and massive they are and all that accompanying shite 

The fan base is actually the problem. They think they are too big for the Championship because they have a decent following (for that league). 

They never give managers a chance. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

The fan base is actually the problem. They think they are too big for the Championship because they have a decent following (for that league). 

And we all know how unlikely they are to change any time soon.

Fucking great isn’t it? :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Alex said:

I mean wtaf? If RTG if anything like representative (I’d like to think it’s not btw) then a canny few thought Mowbray’s time was up. I couldn’t get my head round that but who in the name of god do they think their owners would have lined up if Beale was forced out after a handful of games? You’re probably looking at someone already there holding the reins until the end to f the season. I know I’m biased but I’ve never known a fanbase so determined to make life difficult for their own team playing at home. I really don’t get it. Then they have the cheek to go on like they have a vastly superior fanbase to us and massive they are and all that accompanying shite 

Last season they were 4th in the Championship based on away matches, 16th based on home matches. That tells you all you need to know.

• Like 6

Just now, Holden McGroin said:

Coupled with regularly getting one over on us whilst having an unprecedented* run of consecutive top flight seasons fairly recently. 
*By their own, post-50s, standards 

1 minute ago, ewerk said:

Last season they were 4th in the Championship based on away matches, 16th based on home matches. That tells you all you need to know.

And they blamed Mowbray for the home form 

• Like 1

This amuses me. Their seats hav turned pink again. Not sure the frat boy will be able to get away with the same grift again getting the fans to do it for a Kingsfood hotdog in a burger bun.

image.png.cba853326962c056748615b698fc831c.png

• Haha 7

50 minutes ago, Renton said:

This amuses me. Their seats hav turned pink again. Not sure the frat boy will be able to get away with the same grift again getting the fans to do it for a Kingsfood hotdog in a burger bun.

image.png.cba853326962c056748615b698fc831c.png

Piss and shit has a habit of fading plastic (I have no idea if this is scientifically accurate but let's just say it is).

• Haha 11

Apparently we’re selling Almiron for an absolute fortune to a Saudi club because we’re about to breach FFP regulations. I love how they just bake something up, then get annoyed by it. Almiron may well end up over there. But I can’t see the fee being far off market value. And either way this season looks like being a profitable one in terms of ffp. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Dazzler said:

Piss and shit has a habit of fading plastic (I have no idea if this is scientifically accurate but let's just say it is).

The evidence is there, in fairness 

• Haha 6

You have to hand it to the persistence of these weird needy bastards. :lol:

I strongly suspect not a single local person will turn up to this "inaugural tournament". . 

image.thumb.png.7a2e72030158ad4f42cc97fd74a5f001.png

• Haha 4
  • Jaysus... 2

The well-known Panenka Magazine :lol: which I hadn’t heard of but appears to be a small, Dutch-language magazine only available in its native Netherlands. 

• Haha 4

36 minutes ago, Alex said:

I would’ve gone with Basque/Wear as opposed to Wear Basque Football Tournament like 

Sepp Blatter has entered the chat.

• Haha 4

"Teyms from the North East of England (no fuckin mags though, marra), Bizkaia and the rest of the Basque Country via English Language (I'm presuming English is the first language of the Basque Country) and shite football"

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

:lol: That’s beyond tragic. Honestly, what are they hoping to achieve? Which team in red and white will be forced to endure them next?

It could be anyone. Thoughts and prayers to the stripey half of Madrid when they try to recruit them into the cult of football fwends.

• Haha 5

38 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

:lol: That’s beyond tragic. Honestly, what are they hoping to achieve? Which team in red and white will be forced to endure them next?

DEc72-vWAAE41CQ.jpg

8dawzx.jpg.42f00f988fcf67d0cc95f06b54df2731.jpg

• Haha 6

He wasn't worried about getting stoned in Saudi Arabia while he was playing over there and getting paid half a million a week tax free.

Screenshot_2024-01-23-15-37-53-345_com.android.chrome.jpg

• Haha 5

It’s funny how Exile’s that committed to pretending to care about human rights in relation to the Saudi regime,  that he doesn’t even consider the casual racism on his part detracts from that. 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Alex said:

It’s funny how Exile’s that committed to pretending to care about human rights in relation to the Saudi regime,  that he doesn’t even consider the casual racism on his part detracts from that. 

Or the casual homophobia they spew whenever they "defend" the LGBT community. 

• Like 2