mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

Btw, Shearer’s worst season for us was 97-98, when he fucked his ankle at Everton in that pre-season bollix, then only got 2 goals from his 17 subsequent appearances. 

He did manage to hoof Neil Lennon square in the kisser and get away with it that same season, so it wasn’t all bad. 

Taking the great with the better than most, he scored an average of 21 goals per season for NUFC. 

sunderland have managed a total so far, of 37 goals in all competitions this season, which is one of their better results of the last decade. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

28 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

He wrote a novel based on a visit to Roker Park in the 1960s, The Atrocity Exhibition. 

Proper, original MLF, marrows. 

It’s actually a collection of linked short stories. About various visits to Roker Park ;) 

• Haha 2

57 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Btw, Shearer’s worst season for us was 97-98, when he fucked his ankle at Everton in that pre-season bollix, then only got 2 goals from his 17 subsequent appearances. 

Really shows you the benefit of sticking with young, unproven talent.

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, Tdansmith said:

FB_IMG_1707100740185.jpg

FB_IMG_1707100731794.jpg

:lol:

That's the most legible banner any of these fuckers have managed. How much did it cost? I want to make sure the Spirit of 37 FRAUD lads aren't syphoning money off from the communal packet of crisps whip round fund.

Honestly though. It's like when they mocked us over Burton, only to be relegated by them the very next year. They mocked our flags, now this. :lol: 

• Haha 10

I like how they’ve used a ridiculous font and it’s still easier to read than the actual Spirit of’37 ones 

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, trophyshy said:

Wtf is going on with the seagull heads?  

Guessing the smoggies preferrewd this for a piss take rather than dressing as a pile of poo on a seat? 

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

I used to work at Gus Carter bookies and did the odd shift in Sunderland. I can confirm that they were all this good at betting. 

You worked at a bookies?…. I think this explains a lot tbh :cuppa:

Edited by PaddockLad
  • Haha 3

Gemmill 30 years ago. 

"Ha'way man my fellow fan of massive lads. [whisper]. Everton are going down this year marra. Mark me words, put a ton down at 10-1. Like printing money marra". 

1721132634_200w(2).gif.02c5cce47ffa163e8fbbfc3d42edc86f.gif

• Haha 9