mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

:lol: Netflix must have told them to cap it at 3 episodes then, you would think.

"Ere marra, am not garna lie, yiz are lewsin a lot of top quality banta from the lads on the cuttin rewm floor ere. Are yiz ABSOLEWTLY SHEWA yiz arnly want the three eppeys?!"

• Haha 9

4 hours ago, Gemmill said:

The latest season of STID feels a lot like they just felt like they had to draw a line under it. 3 very half hearted episodes and I'd be surprised if they bothered their arse with a fourth season.

Mental really when you consider the huge global appetite for terrible lower league football, morbidly obese fans, and that beeyewtiful accent.

I'm sure they'll want to document the return to the PL. 

Oh... 🙂 

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

:lol: Netflix must have told them to cap it at 3 episodes then, you would think.

"Ere marra, am not garna lie, yiz are lewsin a lot of top quality banta from the lads on the cuttin rewm floor ere. Are yiz ABSOLEWTLY SHEWA yiz arnly want the three eppeys?!"

:lol: :lol:

• Haha 2

"Am tellun yiz. Yiz are garna ear from peypull aal awa the world, wanting to knar why yiz nevva made more eppeys. The CLAMMA! The INTERNATIONAL CLAMMA to knar what's appnun to Sunlun footbaal club. Peypull from Cewba, peypull from Perew! Arewba! Thems aal lads fans now, ah dinnit think yiz knar what yiv gorron yer ands ere."

• Haha 9

The bloke on E3 talking about how he's had to move into a smaller house so he could continue to afford to go to Sunderland games in the cost of living crisis, and how it was a big deal for him that he had to give up all of his memorabilia due to the reduced space.

Anyway, I was pleased to see that he'd kept his extensive mug collection and enjoyed the close up of the mug celebrating their 2021 Papa John's Trophy win.

There's some memorabilia you simply cannot say goodbye to.

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, Gemmill said:

He dies at the end of the episode ffs. I feel a bit bad now.

Fucking spoilers man 🙄 Shouldn't be allowed

• Haha 6

3 minutes ago, Tdansmith said:

"They are only in it to make money"

Like every single other owner of a football club then. We're so lucky that we have the Saudis willing to bankrupt themselves in the name of football glory. 

It's unusual that the comments to this all seem largely rational (albeit I only checked the first page :lol:)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Tdansmith said:

-g6qoz.gif.fa2f765512397ea42923b396948a3889.gif

"It's alright, we'll just stay in the championship, make £80m a saysun selling our outstanding young talents and reybuild a bigger and better squad till we can go up to the premeya and qualify for Yewrup. FTM."

• Haha 4

On 16/02/2024 at 12:55, Gemmill said:

He dies at the end of the episode ffs. I feel a bit bad now.

A new Gemmill low this. I think it was the same bloke who had "Sunderland 'til I die" tattooed on his arm in series 1, genuinely seemed canny. Tempting fate a bit with that tat though....

28 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

Bloody hell 😂😂😂

868B334A-1B1A-4308-A455-14D7AA2E6B30.jpeg

:lol: Whatever turns you on I suppose. The kinky bastards 

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Toonpack said:

Bloody hell 😂😂😂

868B334A-1B1A-4308-A455-14D7AA2E6B30.jpeg

Usually when the wife is on a 90 degree angle to me in a dimly lit bedroom were doing something different...and it's my birthday...and we're (I'm) finished after a few minutes.

But each to their own I suppose.

• Haha 6