mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

If I told you that we would get 5th place, but that it being a CL spot would rely on two things happening:

- Arsenal win the CL 

- Liverpool win the EL

.... How much do you want that CL spot? :lol:

• Haha 2

Can’t see us overhauling a ten point gap over Spurs or Villa. But theoretically, yes. A second successive CL qualification would be huge for keeping and attracting players 

• Like 1

Arteta does a three lap goal celebration when Arsenal score the winner. Still doesn't get booked. 

Klopp does the fist pump to all four corners of the ground twice, and it's the leading story on every news broadcast for the next two weeks. They show every second of the fist pumps every time. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Spurs are possibly catchable given their run in. Villa have been shaky recently. Neither look as strong as we did last spring tbh. But 10 points is probably too much. We’d have to win all ours and that’s just as highly unlikely as Spurs going into irreversible meltdown….theyre averaging 1.5 points/game v the rest of the bullshit 6 this season and have Arsenal and Man City at home (Chelsea and Liverpool away) Can’t see it… at the moment anyway..

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Spurs are possibly catchable given their run in. Villa have been shaky recently. Neither look as strong as we did last spring tbh. But 10 points is probably too much. We’d have to win all ours and that’s just as highly unlikely as Spurs going into irreversible meltdown….theyre averaging 1.5 points/game v the rest of the bullshit 6 this season and have Arsenal and Man City at home (Chelsea and Liverpool away) Can’t see it… at the moment anyway..

Spurs might only get 1 point from their next 3 (Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool). Scoreboard pressure takes hold if we can get 6 or 7 from our next 3.

It's unlikely, but it's doable. 

• Like 2

Also, if we get a sniff that it might be on, I can see us smashing every fucker that gets put in front of us. 

Brighton will be on the beach with fuck all to play for. 

Man United are shit. 

Brentford will be safe by the last day. 

• Like 1

Yeah, you’ve talked a good game about Everton being relegated too :cuppa:

Chelsea have two games in hand on us and are six points behind. If we can find a bit of form then so can they. Mind they don’t have Ice Cold Alex..  

Newcastle United Sport GIF by Newcastle United Football Club

• Haha 4

Chelsea's next two games are Arsenal away and Villa away. And before that, Man City away in the cup. 

Good luck with that run of form. :cuppa: :cuppa: :cuppa:

:cuppa:

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Howmanheyman said:

20240414_085510.thumb.jpg.622e662011a7f9bff9f20a1df1388897.jpg

I think I'm going to end every sentence with "...&  of course the Genocide" from now on. Love the way he drops it in there. :lol:  

"My favourite teams? Newcastle, Mainz, Norrköping, Stenhousemuir & of course the Genocide."

"I'll have the lamb jalfrezi, pilau rice, garlic naan & of course the Genocide."

• Haha 19

I like how he’s just invented these scenarios and then convinced himself it’s just a matter of time until it’s uncovered with massive ramifications. I suppose it’s a bit like convincing yourself you used to be as good at football as one of the best midfielders in the premier league. 

Edited by Alex
  • Haha 12

2 hours ago, Gemmill said:

If I told you that we would get 5th place, but that it being a CL spot would rely on two things happening:

- Arsenal win the CL 

- Liverpool win the EL

.... How much do you want that CL spot? :lol:

Given Liverpool are 3-0 down after the first leg I think we can file this one under "never gonna happen"

Edited by Kid Dynamite

29 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Given Liverpool are 3-0 down after the first leg I think we can file this one under "never gonna happen"

Don't make predictions like that. 🙁 

40 minutes ago, Alex said:

I like how he’s just invented these scenarios and then convinced himself it’s just a matter of time until it’s uncovered with massive ramifications. I suppose it’s a bit like convincing yourself you used to be as good at football as one of the best midfielders in the premier league, and of course, the Genocide.  

MYP

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, Meenzer said:

I think I'm going to end every sentence with "...&  of course the Genocide" from now on. Love the way he drops it in there. :lol:  

"My favourite teams? Newcastle, Mainz, Norrköping, Stenhousemuir & of course the Genocide."

"I'll have the lamb jalfrezi, pilau rice, garlic naan & of course the Genocide."

"Good holiday, exile?"

"It was fantastic. The weather was lush, the vino was flowing and the tapas was to die for, the local hospitality was as amazing as ever and of course, who can forget the fabulous genocide?"

Edited by Howmanheyman
  • Haha 7

They’re fewmin Clarke isn’t in there, despite him having less impact than all the other forwards and finishing mid table. 

• Haha 7

4 minutes ago, Howay said:

They’re fewmin Clarke isn’t in there, despite him having less impact than all the other forwards and finishing mid table. 

Have Leicester got a decent keeper now? How are Ipswich top and only have their left back in the top 11? 

As a Newcastle fan, I would understand Bruno not getting in the 11 for the Premier League as players at Man City, Liverpool and Arsenal are more likely to occupy those slots as players in the top 3 teams tend to look like they are performing better.

There must be 100s of millions of pounds worth of talent in that side. Given all the players worth in excess of £20m that couldn’t even make the XI 

• Haha 5