mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

10 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

I love how, in their head, Sam Allardyce is actually such a MLF when in reality, he's just a greedy bastard who was very well paid to (just about) do a job. Everyone else sees through him but that pack of needy, validation-starved lunatics.

:lol:

1 hour ago, Kitman said:

I remember reading that for all his sports science bollocks his teams were basically unfit. Don’t know if thats true but it wouldn’t surprise me.

This is a true story as I remember laughing my tits off at it on SSN :lol:

Did anyone else here used to go to the game when Fat Sam was at NUFC? It was fucking dismal like. He used to put Shola on the left and Luque through the middle of a forward 3. Shola left wing. 

Just be glad he didn't keep his slimy bent fingers on the England job.

7 minutes ago, rob032 said:

Did anyone else here used to go to the game when Fat Sam was at NUFC? It was fucking dismal like. He used to put Shola on the left and Luque through the middle of a forward 3. Shola left wing. 

Just be glad he didn't keep his slimy bent fingers on the England job.

Without doubt the worst football I've seen in my time supporting the club, and we've seen some shite let's be honest. Used to come away from the game thinking what the fuck have I just seen.

Wigan Away, Boxing Day 2007(?) Got beat one nil, probably a Ryan Taylor goal for them.  We had tickets for Stoke in the cup and Manu away after that. When we'd been to them we weren't going fuckin back. Then after Stoke bisto tits got sacked and Keegan came in...... Was thinking about it today when some gormless talking head was banging on the usual bullshit about him. Maybe Ashley looked at him and his gigantic yet utterly fuckin worthless entourage of sport scientists nutritionists and head doctors and said to himself " am not paying these cunts salaries for the next four years theyre fuckin shit".... a fuckin bluffer with friends in the media to keep polishing the fuckin turd that passes for his career. 

Edited by PaddockLad
  • Like 1

Cacapa getting the hook after 19 minutes or so in that game, iirc.  

Shola being offside from a free kick taken in our own half v. Derby.

1-0 Barton penalty game at Fulham - possibly the worst 90 minutes of football ever witnessed in the Premier League not involving Sunderland. 

Regular chants of "you don't know what you're doing" as a new formation was unveiled every game, with 2-3 players out of position every match. 

17 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Newcastle 1-4 Fucking Portsmouth!

Portsmouth!!!!!!!

The useless, hippo-heeded, bung-taking, long-ball lumping, cunt. 

:lol: I just remember the fat cunt going down the steps from the stand as he’d started sat on his sofa with the tvs around him and his headset on. The abuse he got on his way down was class. 

What a fucking twat he is man. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

I remember him not being able to beat Derby who accrued 11 points all season 4 of which came off us.

Playing a dynamic midfield of Smith Butt and Geremi, iirc

11 hours ago, Howay said:

Evertons statistics are grim since he took over. They’re 19th or 20th in the league for things like shots, shots on target, chances created etc iirc. 

They brought him in to stave off relegation, and he’s accomplished that so he sees it as a job well done. The issue is they panicked about relegation far too soon and it shouldn’t have been about bringing in a ‘firefighter’ manager. He came in and managed them as if they were the weaker side every match. He’s now driving Rooney (who iirc is their top scorer) out of the club, for no real reason other than Rooney sees him for what he is. 

As others say there’s a reason this bloke is disliked everywhere he has been. He points to the fact clubs usually go down when he leaves them as if it means it was him keeping their head above water but the reality is he fucking annihalates teams, riddles squads with utter cloggers who can only play one way and it’s a fucking mess when he leaves. If Everton don’t get shot of him ASAP their ownership is fucking mental. 

They faced 6 of the eventual top 7 teams in Koeman's 9 games in charge. Even if that poor form had carried on throughout the entire season they would have stayed up.

Had they got in Silva they may well have finished lower than they did, but the football would have been better and they wouldn't be looking to replace their manager again. £9m they reckon he got for those 6 months... Probably wouldn't have spent £27m on Tosun in January as well.

10 hours ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

I remember him not being able to beat Derby who accrued 11 points all season 4 of which came off us.

I forked out for a season ticket that year as well. He consistently played Geremi and Duff out of position as well and laid the foundations for our relegation. 

8 hours ago, Howay said:

:lol: I just remember the fat cunt going down the steps from the stand as he’d started sat on his sofa with the tvs around him and his headset on. The abuse he got on his way down was class. 

What a fucking twat he is man. 

:D

He did, didn’t he, about 10-12 minutes after kick off … when we were 0-3 down. 

The twat used to spend most of the 1st half sat up with the jewellery-rattlers, “analysing”. :angry:

45 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

:D

He did, didn’t he, about 10-12 minutes after kick off … when we were 0-3 down. 

The twat used to spend most of the 1st half sat up with the jewellery-rattlers, “analysing”. :angry:

When McClaren did it for the first 3 games or so here :lol: What are they trying to prove?

22 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

RTG will be in meltdown. 

He got them to the heady heights of 17th, with a remarkable 39pts, no team relying more on Long Balls, 1 team playing fewer short passes (WBA), 31% of their points came from draws, only Villa relied more on draws for points.

I wonder, if we'd brought Benitez in a couple of games earlier and stayed up (not even necessarily at their expense), would he still be a Wearside hero?