mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

4 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

True. But he has an irrational hatred for Pogba and I reckon he's a closet racist anyway

They’re both dinosaurs like. 

It just completely underlines what Rose said recently tbh. I know Strachan is a bellend but he’s a senior and well known figure in football and he’s coming out with stuff like that. 

• Like 1

I don't understand why they're drawing this many games :lol: 

They should be winning 3-0 or 4-0 on a regular basis. Even if they go up, can they realistically claim to have 'enjoyed' the season?

They’ve spent about £15m. They should have been promoted about a week ago.

If they go up they’ll struggle, if they don’t they’ll struggle. Either way it’s gonna be funny when “The Don” is revealed to be a mere chancer. :lol: 

• Like 1

Devil's advocate here;

Are  we being harsh by stating that anything but comfortably winning the league is a failure of a season, and given the overhaul that squad's been through, getting promoted is the be all and end all? As it was for us in the Championship?

2 hours ago, The Fish said:

Devil's advocate here;

Are  we being harsh by stating that anything but comfortably winning the league is a failure of a season, and given the overhaul that squad's been through, getting promoted is the be all and end all? As it was for us in the Championship?

Is it that extreme an overhaul? They still have a several players who played for them in the PL don't they?

It doesn't look to me like Ross is a very good manager in terms of game management or tactics, their new owners panic bought a guy who was barely worth £1m for £4m - thus demonstrating that they're no more financially savvy than Short, and their home support (or lack thereof) basically condemned them to consecutive relegations.

So on that basis, I suppose, yes, it is an achievement for them to be looking likely to get automatic promotion.

Edited by Rayvin

On 10/04/2019 at 10:53, Rayvin said:

I don't understand why they're drawing this many games :lol: 

They should be winning 3-0 or 4-0 on a regular basis. Even if they go up, can they realistically claim to have 'enjoyed' the season?

I'm still hoping they get beat in the play-offs, without reaching the final. A longer close season of being totally pissed off. 

3 hours ago, The Fish said:

Devil's advocate here;

Didn't Benitez fail because we only scraped winning the championship because of a Brighton implosion or something though?

17 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Is it that extreme an overhaul? They still have a several players who played for them in the PL don't they?

It doesn't look to me like Ross is a very good manager in terms of game management or tactics, their new owners panic bought a guy who was barely worth £1m for £4m - thus demonstrating that they're no more financially savvy than Short, and their home support (or lack thereof) basically condemned them to consecutive relegations.

So on that basis, I suppose, yes, it is an achievement for them to be looking likely to get automatic promotion.

Dunno about the overhaul, was just bringing it in line with our situation in the Championship. 

I agree that Ross isn't exactly impressing. They're difficult to beat, but they don't have an outstanding defence, or prolific strikeforce. That they've "rescued" so many draws from losing positions says to me that Ross hasn't got the game plan right to begin with and they're relying on effort/moments of comparative quality? 9 of their 17 draws(!) have come via Sunderland equalisers. 27 of their 80 pts have come in games where they've had to come from behind. Kudos for the comebacks, but it doesn't say to me that the manager has planned properly for the opposition?

Last two seasons they've sold their top goal scorer in January, without recouping a great deal of money for them, or even replacing them satisfactorily. That's not a good idea at all.

Should they go up, be it automatically or via the play offs, they're not in a great place to do much more than pray for survival.