mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

Apparently the SoL IS more suited to hosting big acts than SJP for two reasons.

• It has a bigger carpark and better access. 
  • It has a more Liberal curfew cos its built on derelict land, not in a thriving city centre.

That's it, that's what mackems are proud about. :lol:

• Haha 6

1 minute ago, Renton said:

Apparently the SoL IS more suited to hosting big acts than SJP for two reasons.

• It has a bigger carpark and better access. 
  • It has a more Liberal curfew cos its built on derelict land, not in a thriving city centre.

That's it, that's what mackems are proud about. :lol:

• It was built with concerts/events in mind so access is easy for the heavy equipment etc 

23 minutes ago, Tom said:

• It was built with concerts/events in mind because they knew they’d never make it pay on match day incomes  

FTMd YP. 

Does anyone know if they’ve put the pink seats back in for this concert btw? 

• Haha 5

17 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

FTMd YP. 

Does anyone know if they’ve put the pink seats back in for this concert btw? 

Do they host massive car boot sales like Reynolds tried at Darlington? 

A mackem car boot sale at the Stadium of Shite, that would be a sight to behold.

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, Renton said:

A mackem car boot sale at the Stadium of Shite, that would be a sight to behold.

"Ere marra a'll gi' ya twentey snots for them. Are thuh pissed or just shit?"

• Haha 4

Isn’t it the case that venues such as the SoL ‘buy’ the act and come to agreements over splitting of certain revenues (ticketing, catering, drinks and so on) giving a guaranteed income to the act? I always thought that was how it worked anyway

2 hours ago, Renton said:

50 tracksuit stalls

100 outdoor sofa stalls

1 toiletries stall

350 dog pram stalls. 

• Haha 4

17 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

50 tracksuit stalls

100 outdoor sofa stalls

1 toiletries stall

350 Staffie called Kallum pram stalls. 

Howayed yp

• Haha 3

The main Fender thread (there are of course others) is currently 53 pages. Latest point of discussion is whether Brian Johnson of AC/DC should be a MLF or not. He's from Dunston, same as Gazza, which was County Durham territory when he was born you see.  Its a disgrace he supported Fender last night apparently. Just wait until they find out his first band was called " Geordie". Oh aye, and of course the Blaydon Races was about county Durham too, so is actually a mackem song, we have that old chestnut.

Pretty obsessive stuff. But apparently we're more obsessed by them having Beyonce and Pink concerts. Come on lads, own up, who's upset by this and reported it on social media? 

Screenshot_20230611_144735_Chrome.thumb.jpg.9f4743121918f501bdba783332d05a27.jpg

• Haha 7

16 minutes ago, Renton said:

The main Fender thread (there are of course others) is currently 53 pages. Latest point of discussion is whether Brian Johnson of AC/DC should be a MLF or not. He's from Dunston, same as Gazza, which was County Durham territory when he was born you see.  Its a disgrace he supported Fender last night apparently. Just wait until they find out his first band was called " Geordie". Oh aye, and of course the Blaydon Races was about county Durham too, so is actually a mackem song, we have that old chestnut.

Pretty obsessive stuff. But apparently we're more obsessed by them having Beyonce and Pink concerts. Come on lads, own up, who's upset by this and reported it on social media? 

Screenshot_20230611_144735_Chrome.thumb.jpg.9f4743121918f501bdba783332d05a27.jpg

Blaydon races a song about people from Newcastle going to see the races

41 minutes ago, Renton said:

Just wait until they find out his first band was called " Geordie".

They were originally called “ I Hate Geordies” but had to change it as there were 300 other bands on the sunlin’ club circuit with the same name. 

True story marra. 

• Haha 8

1 hour ago, Renton said:

Hissy fits 😆 what a fucking loon.

probably thousands their from Tyneside areas at sol honestly who gives a flying fuck!!,me personally I wouldn’t watch pink Beyoncé  if they were playing in walker park for nowt, I did see Benwell Floyd in the companions club years ago and they made a reet racket anarl.

• Haha 3

Benwell Floyd  :lol:

I used to work in the Archer years ago, most bands would turn up about 6pm for an 8pm start. 
Benwell Floyd were there at 12 midday, setting up a lighting and sound rig like you’ve never seen outside of stadium bands. 
In a pub. 
They were fucking amazing :lol:

• Haha 4

It’s Fist Jnr’s 13th birthday today, so we had family round this afternoon for drinks and nipples in the glorious sunshine. 

But I couldn’t shake the feeling that it was all just ruined because two musicians who I couldn’t give a flying fuck about had gigs at the regions two stadiums.… at the same time. 

As if the cost of living crisis, global warming, and creaky joints wasn’t bad enough, they throw this at me. 

Ruined, I tell thee. 

• Haha 6