mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

6 hours ago, Renton said:

I was purely referring to AC/DC.

But I can honestly say I can see no sembalnce at all betweem "Geordie's lost his liggie" and Bohemian Rhapsody. To the extent I'm thinking I'm being whooshed? Not sure May, Rogers and Deacon need to worry about litigation tbh. And yeah, you're on thin ice now like. I quite like Queen, especially their earlier Prog Rock stuff. There, I've said it. I might stick on some Marillion now. 

Listening to Fish is never a good idea 👍🏻 

• Haha 3

18 hours ago, Alex said:

I remember my dad having a vinyl copy of ‘Coast to Coast’ when I was a kid

I also have that, was given it by a mate few days after the gig, never gave it back !! (Not really listened to it either tbh).

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Gutted Brian Johnson played the 2nd gig btw. I was at the first night and got to hear Sam Fenders Brother do a shit Springsteen cover instead 

10/15 years ago, mate of mine played in a "once every few months" band with a bunch of his musician mates. The Pirates Who AAAAARGH at Fat Ox in Whitley. (as an aside, my mate is/was absolutely the BEST bass player I have ever seen play - stunning player, Aside #2 used to write the bass column for one of the guitar mags at one time. Aside #3 was asked after to be Rory Gallagher's bassist, but his mate who was asked, never passed it on as he thought "you wouldn't be in interested" he does now say "probably just as well as I'd likely be dead by now").

Anyway, The pirates were a bunch of 30/40 somethings very talented local players the lead singers/guitarists' son switched between drums and keyboards and he just stood out, great presence and voice (even behind the drums). I remember saying to my mate, that kid has something he could make a career out of this. My mate said "aye he's very talented, but the one to watch is his kid brother" the kid brother being Sam Fender, who would've been maybe 14/15 at the time. 

Drummer/Keyboardist was Liam, purveyor of shite Springsteen covers (the shiteness of which I doubt tbh as he is, or was, very talented). The fatha has a tremendous voice an all btw.

End of Ramblings

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Nice post.

Returning to the subject of the SMB, despite the summer break, they are fewming even more. Banging on about 9/11, Yemen, executions, and paedophilia. Apparently we cheer on a paedophile (MBS). Never even heard the bloke mentioned once at SJP personally. But..... didn't they actually LITERALLY cheer on a a lad charged and later convicted of paedophilia? The fucking brass neck of them.

Screenshot_20230612_192750_Chrome.thumb.jpg.a7c151b6aaa64bb6f170fcd89df8de97.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Renton said:

Nice post.

Returning to the subject of the SMB, despite the summer break, they are fewming even more. Banging on about 9/11, Yemen, executions, and paedophilia. Apparently we cheer on a paedophile (MBS). Never even heard the bloke mentioned once at SJP personally. But..... didn't they actually LITERALLY cheer on a a lad charged and later convicted of paedophilia? The fucking brass neck of them.

Screenshot_20230612_192750_Chrome.thumb.jpg.a7c151b6aaa64bb6f170fcd89df8de97.jpg

He’s also not a paedo

:lol: None of it bothers them but at the same time every post explains that the Saudis will stop spending money on NUFC. They’ve done this since the take over happened :lol:. I honestly think they think more about our ownership than most toon fans. 

Edited by Howay
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, Howay said:

:lol: None of it bothers them but at the same time every post explains that the Saudis will stop spending money on NUFC. They’ve done this since the take over happened :lol:. I honestly think they think more about our ownership than most toon fans. 

Yes, their fantasy lives are so much better than real life. As long as you don't let the glue wear off...

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Renton said:

I mean I don't want to accuse the mackems of being hyperbolic here, but is it really fair to compare the Sam Fender gigs to the Nuremberg rallies? :lol:

image.png.5f1dc2284192f9fe690c54e48491e81a.png

Always Open GIF by Rooster Teeth

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Renton said:

I mean I don't want to accuse the mackems of being hyperbolic here, but is it really fair to compare the Sam Fender gigs to the Nuremberg rallies? :lol:

image.png.5f1dc2284192f9fe690c54e48491e81a.png

Hyper Bollocks is the word you’re looking for :lol:

• Haha 2

So this is an interesting development. So you don't have to click on the link, its about ManU continuing to loan young players to SAFC in the coming years after Amad's successful loan. Fair enough I reckon. Begs the question will the SMB condone this should ManU get taken over by the Qatar consortium, because surely that would make the morally supreme SMB hypocrites, yes? I've got a feeling it won't be a problem however, for..... erm....... reasons. 

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/man-utd-website.1609434/

image.png.16aae024367c20ec7236906942d5b79e.png

• Haha 7

2 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

So, is the assumption that the Saudi-owned Newcastle United will win some trophies and then instigate genocide and a third world war? Seems a slight stretch

#imagine

• Haha 4

37 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

:lol: oh dear 

Is this the big announcement they were talking about? Seriously though, just when you thought it couldn’t get any more tragic. It’s plainly bollocks anyway but in their quest to find evidence to fit their theory (never a good methodology anyway) they’ve been unable to unearth anything and have then just made stuff up :lol: 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Alex said:

Is this the big announcement they were talking about? Seriously though, just when you thought it couldn’t get any more tragic. It’s plainly bollocks anyway but in their quest to find evidence to fit their theory (never a good methodology anyway) they’ve been unable to unearth anything and have then just made stuff up :lol: 

I mean the Kilpin role in the formation of AC Milan, the role Notts County played in Juve playing in black and white stripes are far more significant than purporting a quasi missionary role in the relationship with a Basque football club. The evidence is well sourced and primary in the first two cases and needy bollocks in the last. I’d be embarrassed if that was us

• Like 2
  • Haha 3