mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

He's alright. Wouldn't want to see him in a stadium, but massive credit to the lad for getting where he has without relying on Simon fucking Cowell. Hope his third album is decent and he he gets Sheeran levels of success.

Also got to say, that crowd looks less partisan than I expected tbh. 

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

Fender is good. I don't get what's skin-crawling about that video either.

Clout-hopping Geordie transparently latching on to whatever memes and trends are knocking about social media to artificially stamp himself as a would-be modern working class northern Springsteen with the paper thin sheen of contemporary “Geordie Pride” which seemingly extends to waving flags and replying to tory donors Greggs on Twitter. Surprised he didn’t bring Jimmy Naill on to sing Big River. Can’t be fucked with it. It all feels incredibly forced compared to the pre-match displays at SJP, I’d say. 

Top that for cynicism

• Haha 3

hadn't even heard one of his songs till a couple of years ago. me son kept banging on about him saying he was really good so I downloaded his 2 albums. first one's excellent I reckon, not as keen on the 2nd though, but its not bad. on the strength of the first album I joined the mailing list for presale tickets and then completely forgot about it ro the extent I missed out not only on last night but the announcement of a second night and those tickets selling out too!

had a pre match pint in the percy before the man utd game with fender's uncle and tried blagging a couple of tickets off him, not a fucking chance, I suspect I wasn't the first person to ask him either!  :lol:

anyway, bizarre the mackems hatred of him, bit warped in actual fact. I liked the angelic upstarts as a kid it mattered not that mensi was a mlf. stupid cunts.

• Haha 1

I know I’ve heard some of his songs but i can’t remember any of them. I’ve no idea if he’s shite or good but the reaction he provokes from the mackems is enough to make me like him 

Edited by Alex
  • Haha 5

2 minutes ago, Alex said:

I know I’ve heard some of his songs but he can’t remember any of them. I’ve no idea if he’s shite or good but the reaction he provokes from the mackems is enough to make me like him 

I like popping on there after we win or  they lose but the Sam Fender thread on there is just tragic. They can't be like this en masse In real life can they?

• Haha 3

I can see why the galacticos of the wear,are chasing Bellingham having all ready bought a Tarantula,they can’t believe how massive they are..30k st sold by fryda at the bungalow,to put things into perspective here are the prices per game

u16s £2.09p 

u18s £4.17p

u22s 😂£5.21p

OAP £11.70p

”adult” £16.75p

It’s more expensive to watch the sandancers 😂

1 hour ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Clout-hopping Geordie transparently latching on to whatever memes and trends are knocking about social media to artificially stamp himself as a would-be modern working class northern Springsteen with the paper thin sheen of contemporary “Geordie Pride” which seemingly extends to waving flags and replying to tory donors Greggs on Twitter. Surprised he didn’t bring Jimmy Naill on to sing Big River. Can’t be fucked with it. It all feels incredibly forced compared to the pre-match displays at SJP, I’d say. 

Top that for cynicism

I genuinely like Big River.

I'm as cynical as the next man, more so probably, and would hate to have been there. Prefer a bit of regional pride and nostalgia to the nationalistic bollocks we're force fed all the time otherwise. But each to their own anyway, if people want to do this it isn't impacting you or the mackems. They've got a 2000 post thread on the lad, absolutely tapped.

:lol: Genuinely don’t know why people are responding and arguing with this. If their point is Sunderland is better than Newcastle it’s the height of delusion, there’s no point comparing the two as Newcastle is simply better in basically every way. It’s a group of people who will try and argue their stadium is better than SJP ffs :lol: it’s just lunacy. 

• Haha 3

Just imagine….for one second…that their stadium was better than SJP. 

Who actually cares? :lol: 

Theres a cultural revolution taking place in Newcastle and Sam Fender is playing music to 100,000 people in two days. This isn’t a local even per se, people have travelled from all over the county. 

People who aren’t necessarily football fans…wearing Newcastle shirts. 

it must be fucking killing the mackems inside 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

38 minutes ago, Tom said:

Just imagine….for one second…that their stadium was better than SJP. 

Who actually cares? :lol: 

Theres a cultural revolution taking place in Newcastle and Sam Fender is playing music to 100,000 people in two days. This isn’t a local even per se, people have travelled from all over the county. 

People who aren’t necessarily football fans…wearing Newcastle shirts. 

it must be fucking killing the mackems inside 

Aye mate, but you're overlooking that there are 'levels and ethics' in these things. Whatever the fuck that's meant to mean.

• Haha 4

Just now, Rayvin said:

Aye mate, but you're overlooking that there are 'levels and ethics' in these things. Whatever the fuck that's meant to mean.

:lol: The first person he listed had a massive concert in Dubai, so aye. 

• Haha 4

51 minutes ago, Howay said:

:lol: Genuinely don’t know why people are responding and arguing with this. If their point is Sunderland is better than Newcastle it’s the height of delusion, there’s no point comparing the two as Newcastle is simply better in basically every way. It’s a group of people who will try and argue their stadium is better than SJP ffs :lol: it’s just lunacy. 

Nothing to do with the fact that you can rent the SoL for next to nothing.

• Haha 4