mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

3 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Since Bruce left in November 2011 (12 years ago) they've had 14 permanent managers. 23 if you include caretakers.

Thats got to be up there with the worst record in the FL surely? :lol: 

:lol: I saw a post where they were saying not to hound the manager out like the “delewwwded bunch up the road”, meanwhile in the time span we’ve had Rafa, Bruce, and Howe - of which the fan base only gave one of those pelters - they’ve had something like 10 managers :lol:. They really do just make absolute shite up. 

The Al-Rummayyan stuff from them is bizarre, they have this real obsession in their head that absolutely no one in the media is making points about our ownership but meanwhile it’s pretty much the only discussion the media has about NUFC :lol:. Maybe they’re not discussing this case in particular but it’s not ground breaking stuff is it? Government minister involved in dealings of the government, additionally what do they think them waffling on endlessly is going to accomplish? Focus on your own shite club not your neighbors who are light years ahead. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, BobHopeandNoHope said:

IMG_3818.thumb.jpeg.84212fe419a3d2e9cd40c66878cc9a9d.jpegSeth Meyers Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

just out of mild curiosity I did google both spineless and coward. to no great surprise the profile of the none of the listed journalists appeared. 

the big fibber.

• Haha 9

10 hours ago, thebrokendoll said:

the welsh one.

from a pity perspective I've actually warmed to exile a bit.

he's potentially the only mackem that's ever existed who'll have upped sticks from sunderland and arguably downgraded.

the tragic fucker is 55, single, has zero Interest in watching his team play or even participate in conversation about their matches, players, managers, ownership etc but instead has had his life utterly consumed by nufc to the point his waking hours are spent writing shite on social media that absolutely no fucker either looks at or if they do, take this piss out of.

tragic cunt.  :lol:

55? Christ I thought the bloke was at least mid sixties.

Gaius Julius Caesar has let himself go a bit, one minute you're coming, seeing and conquering, next you're dealing with car salesman and writing in gibberish whilst criticising your new manager....

20240121_094823.thumb.jpg.a12dc275b7c442e57a69996b964dfed7.jpg

Just dinnot get me started on this marra. 

• Haha 6

1 minute ago, Howmanheyman said:

Gaius Julius Caesar has let himself go a bit, one minute you're coming, seeing and conquering, next you're dealing with car salesman and writing in gibberish whilst criticising your new manager....

20240121_094823.thumb.jpg.a12dc275b7c442e57a69996b964dfed7.jpg

Just dinnot get me started on this marra. 

What The Wtf GIF by Discovery Europe

• Haha 5

5 minutes ago, Tom said:

Imagine a mackem pronouncing “Julius Caesar”

"Jew-lee-us See-zaire was a mackem, marra. That's why the Romans wanted to conquer Northumbreeya, to wipe out the mags."

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Dazzler said:

"Jew-lee-us See-zaire was a mackem, marra. That's why the Romans wanted to conquer Northumbreeya, to wipe out the mags."

I’ve done quite a bit of reading on Roman Britain, and the Roman names of places throughout the region. 
Newcastle obviously was Pons Aelius, its suburbs Wallsend and Benwell were Segedunum and Condercum, Corbridge was Corstopitum, then you’ve got places like Vindolanda that didn’t last through to the modern age. 

It’s weird that I’ve never seen the Roman name for sunderland listed in any book or paper on Roman Britain…

I know they didn’t bother naming insignificant little settlements that served them no purpose, but that can’t be the case with such a cultural and industrial hub as sunderland , can it? 

tenor.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

7 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

I’ve done quite a bit of reading on Roman Britain, and the Roman names of places throughout the region. 
Newcastle obviously was Pons Aelius, its suburbs Wallsend and Benwell were Segedunum and Condercum, Corbridge was Corstopitum, then you’ve got places like Vindolanda that didn’t last through to the modern age. 

It’s weird that I’ve never seen the Roman name for sunderland listed in any book or paper on Roman Britain…

I know they didn’t bother naming insignificant little settlements that served them no purpose, but that can’t be the case with such a cultural and industrial hub as sunderland , can it? 

tenor.gif

If an Ancient Roman was found frozen in time and suddenly defrosted/reanimated he would walk into Sunderland and question why it hasn't changed in 2000 years. He'd just be muttering in latin "what the fuck lads, I think you missed a bit when you were modernising."

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

If an Ancient Roman was found frozen in time and suddenly defrosted/reanimated he would walk into Sunderland and question why it hasn't changed in 2000 years. He'd just be muttering in latin "what the fuck lads, I think you missed a bit when you were modernising."

I reckon he’d just scream and jump back in the fridge. 

• Haha 3

23 minutes ago, Sonatine said:

image.jpeg.e8896ef6bdc0d947b0289e7284ec4af2.jpeg

Veni, vidi, discessi.

I couldn't find the Latin for i fucked off, so that will have to do.

Veni vidi defaecare via est. 

• Haha 3

51 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

tenor.gif

There’s no mention of Sunderland in any Saxon records either 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Howay said:

:lol: Beeeewwwww! Is this still part of the master plan?

I mean wtaf? If RTG if anything like representative (I’d like to think it’s not btw) then a canny few thought Mowbray’s time was up. I couldn’t get my head round that but who in the name of god do they think their owners would have lined up if Beale was forced out after a handful of games? You’re probably looking at someone already there holding the reins until the end to f the season. I know I’m biased but I’ve never known a fanbase so determined to make life difficult for their own team playing at home. I really don’t get it. Then they have the cheek to go on like they have a vastly superior fanbase to us and massive they are and all that accompanying shite 

• Like 5