mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

:lol: It's fucking hilarious that some of them think this way, it's no bother to me at all that we are in the Championship. In fact, struggling to watch the games aside, I'm enjoying it as we're winning every week (often twice a week ffs), meanwhile they're getting pumped off the 2nd bottom side. They'll be here come May anyway so I've no idea what them running round saying "well we're in the Prem RIGHT NOW" is supposed to do, they're basically there in name only it's not like they're competing in the division ffs.

That's it, like. Simply being in the top division means nowt if you're just there to make up the numbers. If the Premier League was 20 kids in a PE class, Sunderland would get picked last

Think they'll be fine again. It's easy to look at games and say 'they'll only get x points max' but they could get surprising results anywhere. Still a very long way to go.

Trouble is, when the points needed to get them to safety mostly sit in the "Surprising Result" column, it's hard to see exactly where they will get the points from.

It's games like Hull, home to Swansea or Stoke. Currently I don't expect them to get any points, regardless of the fixture. Obviously that won't be the case for the entire season and they'll start scoring, or stop conceding. But can you honestly see where they can expect to pick up 37 points from?

Trouble is, when the points needed to get them to safety mostly sit in the "Surprising Result" column, it's hard to see exactly where they will get the points from.

It's games like Hull, home to Swansea or Stoke. Currently I don't expect them to get any points, regardless of the fixture. Obviously that won't be the case for the entire season and they'll start scoring, or stop conceding. But can you honestly see where they can expect to pick up 37 points from?

The Sun has theorised that they're going to be taken over by a Chinese consortium who will immediately sack Moyes and bring back Allardyce for the second coming, to finish the great and noble project he started last year.

There's a few teams that are also pretty shit but it's difficult to see them finishing above more than two of them.

Hull are surely one of the favourites for the drop, but sunderland can't be far behind them.

The Sun has theorised that they're going to be taken over by a Chinese consortium who will immediately sack Moyes and bring back Allardyce for the second coming, to finish the great and noble project he started last year.

:lol: well, I suppose that story will sell a few papers on Wearside at least.

Of all the teams that look most threatened by relegation, they have the best goal scorer in Defoe and the most experienced premier league manager.  In that respect you could say they have the best chance of getting out of it.

I still think they look a very good bet to go down like.  And if Defoe gets injured for any length of time they'd be completely fucked.

I think the bookies have Sunderland and Burnley pretty much level pegging with Hull just behind.

Yeah, they've also got Moyes as favourite to be the next manager to lose his job.

I'm in two minds on that. I'd be all for them sacking Moyes if Allardyce wasn't available again, but given that he is, they do actually have someone vaguely competent to turn to. Then again, Allardyce isn't anywhere near as great as he thinks he is, and may not even take it. If he doesn't, I genuinely don't know who they'd take.

I'm in two minds on that. I'd be all for them sacking Moyes if Allardyce wasn't available again, but given that he is, they do actually have someone vaguely competent to turn to. Then again, Allardyce isn't anywhere near as great as he thinks he is, and may not even take it. If he doesn't, I genuinely don't know who they'd take.

Pearson?

Allardyce barely got them safe last time and he took them over in an almost identical position to where they are now (fuck me they are a dreadful side :lol:) as they had 3 points from 8, they now have 2 points from 8. There are some utterly shite sides in the league but I don't think there are 3, besides Sunderland, that are as tragic as us, Villa and Norwich were last year, as I've said before we were fucking imploding the mackems had lost 6 and drawn 3 but managed to beat us 3-0 that is how much of a joke we were under McLaren. 

I genuinely don't rate Allardyce at all and he'll be getting a squad that is worse than the one he had last season (they didn't get their token loan players that end up being their best players) and I don't see anyone having a meltdown like we did. They also capitalized a great deal on teams giving up the ghost at the end of the season to survive with wins over Chelsea and Everton sides who had completely thrown the towel in.

Hull have shown they are capable of winning games and competing, as have Burnley, meanwhile the Mackems have just given Stoke the same confidence booster that we gave the mackems last year.

Edited by Howay

Bling back the Loker Loar.

At least you can expect them to do their due diligence, they've been bitten before by shady goings on in the shadows of a chinese business.

Just been to the ground to pick up tickets for the cup game on Tuesday ( Fist Jnr's first game :nufc: ).

As I'm leaving, walking past the big crowd picture next to the cash point, there's a mackem ( aged about 20-22) wearing his filthy rag, having his picture taken in front of it. :dunno:

Why??? What drives them to do it ? :lol:

( naturally, I informed him politely of his status in the human race).