mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

Bournemouth beat Hull 6-1 at the weekend... I reckon they can handle Sunderland.

We beat QPR 6-1 at their gaff and faced a Wolves team that had just been spanked 4-0. 

Aye but we have something about us - as do Wolves. Sunderland have looked beyond hopeless. If they had any results this season that gave the impression that they could put in an assured performance, I might agree. As it stands, I don't think they'll get more than 1 point from the next 4 games.

Edited by Rayvin

Aye but we have something about us. Sunderland have looked beyond hopeless. If they had any results this season that gave the impression that they could put in an assured performance, I might disagree. As it stands, I don't think they'll get more than 1 point from the next 4 games.

Don't get me wrong, I think Bournemouth are a much, much better side than sunderland, but my point was just that the previous fixture isn't much of a guarantee of anything in football. 

If they change their manager, they might survive, but I'm struggling to think of 3 teams that are more likely to finish below them than above. Hull, for sure, but then who? Swansea? Boro? Burnley? If they stick with Moyes I think they'll go down, but be in a better place long term, after they do.

It wasn't just the fans who accepted any league position as long as they beat us though.The managers and Short thought of nothing other than beating us and fuck everything else.They don't have the chance to beat us this season so now it's all down to league position.We of course are adding water to the fire by winning most weeks.For most makems seeing us lose makes their weekend,whatever their result.When we go up and they go down they'll be queuing to jump of their new bridge.

They truly are falling apart at the seams.   One of them has decided just saying "Championship" to any mags is the silver bullet and wins all arguments.  At no point can he comprehend that the position we're in as a club as a whole is far better than it was last season regardless of the league we're in and that's a positive thing.   Even if you ignore that we get to feel good after a game rather than let down and disappointed, our road map legitimately has us looking mid table next year; that isn't a boast or anything other than we look to be a position to get promoted based on our current form  and the ongoing changes being made to the squad will have use above 17th next season.   That's a far better outlook than to be debating a new manager and looking for a first win this far into the season, again.

A few of the ones I know have said, without any prompting, that they'd swap places with us in a heartbeat, or words to that effect. I think most probably would but wouldn't like to admit it to Newcastle fans.

They truly are falling apart at the seams.   One of them has decided just saying "Championship" to any mags is the silver bullet and wins all arguments.  At no point can he comprehend that the position we're in as a club as a whole is far better than it was last season regardless of the league we're in and that's a positive thing.   Even if you ignore that we get to feel good after a game rather than let down and disappointed, our road map legitimately has us looking mid table next year; that isn't a boast or anything other than we look to be a position to get promoted based on our current form  and the ongoing changes being made to the squad will have use above 17th next season.   That's a far better outlook than to be debating a new manager and looking for a first win this far into the season, again.

:lol: It's fucking hilarious that some of them think this way, it's no bother to me at all that we are in the Championship. In fact, struggling to watch the games aside, I'm enjoying it as we're winning every week (often twice a week ffs), meanwhile they're getting pumped off the 2nd bottom side. They'll be here come May anyway so I've no idea what them running round saying "well we're in the Prem RIGHT NOW" is supposed to do, they're basically there in name only it's not like they're competing in the division ffs.