mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

Personally I like to hear opinions from fans of other clubs and while the overwhelming majority of Ready to Go can't have a conversation with a Newcastle fan without devolving into a furious dispenser of cliche and nonsense, there are a few times you can actually have a considered conversation.

Same is true on a few other message boards, and I'm sure it would be true for an opposing fan on N-O.

I do as well - insofar as I'll check out the message boards of other teams. Usually when we beat them :D But i'd draw the line at actually having a conversation with them, it just looks so hopelessly infuriating. Well, especially with the mackems at least.

Caught between convincing themselves that it'll be mint if he goes whilst reassuring themselves that he's shit because they know he'll stay. They don't know where to put themselves :lol:

It's the same as what you said earlier about the players.

They're all too good for the Championship because we spent a fortune, but not good enough for the Premier League because they're in the Championship. Gayle is a shit striker, and the only reason he's got 13 goals is because he's too good for that league. 

If they do go down, surely they'll smash the 100pts mark record? 

It's the same as what you said earlier about the players.

They're all too good for the Championship because we spent a fortune, but not good enough for the Premier League because they're in the Championship. Gayle is a shit striker, and the only reason he's got 13 goals is because he's too good for that league. 

If they do go down, surely they'll smash the 100pts mark record? 

If they go down it's hard to imagine them challenging immediately given how poor their squad is. We went down because our comparably decent squad was poorly managed, they're just shit. Then again, maybe they'd throw money at the problem.

I don't think they'll go down now anyway, they're turning a corner and Sunderland being who they are, will find a way to escape somehow.

I do as well - insofar as I'll check out the message boards of other teams. Usually when we beat them :DBut i'd draw the line at actually having a conversation with them, it just looks so hopelessly infuriating. Well, especially with the mackems at least.

My forum name was chosen for a different reason but has become apposite. I find it very difficult to see an ill-informed/inaccurate opinion expressed as fact, and not try to correct it.

If they go down it's hard to imagine them challenging immediately given how poor their squad is. We went down because our comparably decent squad was poorly managed, they're just shit. Then again, maybe they'd throw money at the problem.

I don't think they'll go down now anyway, they're turning a corner and Sunderland being who they are, will find a way to escape somehow.

You say that, but that league is absolute tinpot and really hard to get out of, and they'll have to replace all of their best Premier League players with Championship shite so that they can piss the league because they've spent a fortune on players that're too good for that league, oh and Moyes won't cut it in that league because he's never managed at that level apart from the times that he has...

fwiw I wouldn't be surprised if they survived, Moyes is an ok manager and teams like Swansea, West Ham and Hull are having terrible starts to the season, by their standards.

I think they're fucked like. They've had a couple of results, Bournemouth battered them but we're having one of those days in front of goal. Hull, who are the division's other shitest team rocked up at the sos and had 60% possession and twice as many attempts to score. Their defence looks completely static when teams come at them, even Hull and Bournemouth were cutting through them with ease. Goalmouth scrambles, poor finishing and miraculous Pickford saves have got them through those 2 games. They're going to need a lot of results against better teams than they've been lucky to beat over the last couple of weeks. Also rumoured they won't be strengthening in January. Goners

I think they're fucked like. They've had a couple of results, Bournemouth battered them but we're having one of those days in front of goal. Hull, who are the division's other shitest team rocked up at the sos and had 60% possession and twice as many attempts to score. Their defence looks completely static when teams come at them, even Hull and Bournemouth were cutting through them with ease. Goalmouth scrambles, poor finishing and miraculous Pickford saves have got them through those 2 games. They're going to need a lot of results against better teams than they've been lucky to beat over the last couple of weeks. Also rumoured they won't be strengthening in January. Goners

If they don't significantly strengthen their centre and add some creativity (either in the middle or down the flanks) in the summer then Short is begging for relegation.

Probably could do with a centreback as well.

and a striker...

So they're saying we're not good enough for the PL despite not actually knowing what our squad will even look like when we next play in it, meanwhile their team is so far proving they aren't good enough for the PL as they have done the last few years (no clinging to 17th doesn't make them good enough) :lol: .

Rafa will stay btw, why would he leave us for West Ham when he's mid way into his 'project' just to start another one? It's not like a top club are coming in for him ffs it's just West Ham.

So they're saying we're not good enough for the PL despite not actually knowing what our squad will even look like when we next play in it, meanwhile their team is so far proving they aren't good enough for the PL as they have done the last few years (no clinging to 17th doesn't make them good enough) :lol: .

Rafa will stay btw, why would he leave us for West Ham when he's mid way into his 'project' just to start another one? It's not like a top club are coming in for him ffs it's just West Ham.

Rafa Benitez's 16/17 squad isn't good enough for the Premier League because Steve McClaren's 15/16 team was relegated from there because of one game and one game only.

Spot on.

By the way,those fat baldy makems on MOTD2.There should be no place on tv for fat baldy makems and their awful accent,the knaa's marra.

Rafa Benitez's 16/17 squad isn't good enough for the Premier League because Steve McClaren's 15/16 team was relegated from there because of one game and one game only.

:lol: It's unreal man, we have a better squad now than we did that season and it definitely has a much better team atmosphere and level of competition, as you say we were 1 point off. It's completely hypothetical but I would fancy the squad we have now to survive over last seasons (with Rafa at the helm for the whole season). However as I say it's irrelevant because we'll buy players and improve in the summer so it won't even be this squad. Edited by Howay

:lol: It's unreal man, we have a better squad now than we did that season and it definitely has a much better team atmosphere and level of competition, as you say we were 1 point off. It's completely hypothetical but I would fancy the squad we have now to survive over last seasons (with Rafa at the helm for the whole season). However as I say it's irrelevant because we'll buy players and improve in the summer so it won't even be this squad.

Agreed.This squad is better than last season's.No overpaid cowards.

Aye I think that's a big thing, while Wijnaldum is technically gifted he didn't really bother that often for us, we all know Sissoko is a waste of space, Janmaat stopped caring (not that I thought he was that great defensively to start with). The attitude of people like Ritchie and Hayden is massive and honestly I think Ritchie is far better technically than people like Sissoko anyway.

Aye I think that's a big thing, while Wijnaldum is technically gifted he didn't really bother that often for us, we all know Sissoko is a waste of space, Janmaat stopped caring (not that I thought he was that great defensively to start with). The attitude of people like Ritchie and Hayden is massive and honestly I think Ritchie is far better technically than people like Sissoko anyway.

Spot on

We still have one on the books but he's out on loan at the moment.

Quite frankly I don't want Krul back (if it was him wanting the move), I don't really like the idea of him thinking it's beneath him to play in the Championship then thinking he can just walk back into the side after the lads have done the work to turn the team around and get back in the PL. He has also struggled with injuries in recent seasons so it's probably time to move on anyway.

Quite frankly I don't want Krul back (if it was him wanting the move), I don't really like the idea of him thinking it's beneath him to play in the Championship then thinking he can just walk back into the side after the lads have done the work to turn the team around and get back in the PL. He has also struggled with injuries in recent seasons so it's probably time to move on anyway.

:lol:

You're probably essembee's favourite person right now.

Just think, you guys were raging at each other not long ago as well. The healing power of football, demonstrated once more...

I was just checking a Spurs forum on Sissoko over lunch, and he's setting fan against fan over there. Some trying to be the voice of reason and claiming that he had no pre-season, his attitude is right, it'll just take time, Pochettino must have seen something, etc... and the others who are frothing about how much money he cost, how useless he seems, how useless he was for us, and how he's a 'Woolwich' fan.

They're 100% the mackems of London.

:lol: 
Oh aye they're total fucking mackems. I do love reading the ones that are trying to act like he just needs to settle, can they do us all a favour and point to the period of his career where he was consistently playing well and putting in effort, he played for us for nearly 4 years and was shit for 98% of it so I guess he never settled in, he might be set for a big season in 2021 if that's the case. Think they just need to accept the blokes fucking useless man, he's a 3-5m player that should be getting sub appearances for West Brom.

If they don't significantly strengthen their centre and add some creativity (either in the middle or down the flanks) in the summer then Short is begging for relegation.

Probably could do with a centreback as well.

and a striker...

If Defoe gets injured they're fucked.  Anichebe is absolutely shite.  They'll be loving him at the moment after 3 in last two but he averages about a goal in every 7 league games and has never scored more than 6 in a season.  And he's played for Moyes most of that time so it's not likely he's going to find more in him now than he ever has before.

I still don't expect them to go down mind as whoever described them as the turd that won't flush was bang on.  If they do survive they'll be just as shit as ever though.  Short seems just as bad as Ashley ever has been with us and shows no signs of changing his ways.

I think if they stay up, Moyes will improve them gradually, with or without a substantial investment from Short. If they go down they'll likely sack Moyes, despite him being amongst the best managers they could hope to attract to a second tier sunderland.

If they're looking likely for the drop and they get shot of Moyes, I think it'll lengthen the odds of their survival. There's just not that many coaches out there who're good enough to rescue them, that would want to go there. Ditto for hopes of strengthening in January. Should they find themselves in the bottom 2 (or three if they're significantly adrift) they simply won't be able to attract the standard of player needed to drag them to safety, not least because they're broke.