mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

Its funny because its true :D

It's pretty much how a lot of people felt about us last season I reckon.  Sport should be about trying to achieve something and all we were doing to was trying to hang on to our premier league status to keep the money coming in.  I think they're doing the same yet they're also failing in their finances while trying to do it.

It's pretty much how a lot of people felt about us last season I reckon.  Sport should be about trying to achieve something and all we were doing to was trying to hang on to our premier league status to keep the money coming in.  I think they're doing the same yet they're also failing in their finances while trying to do it.

True. But at the very least fans were very vocal in what they thought about Ashley's ideas and his muppets like Pardew. And we had that 5th place finish which was fun. They've been utterly shit as long as anyone can remember, relying on the new manager effect to survive since God knows when. Not to mention the whole Johnson saga and how they handled that. Everything about the club is as classless as it could get and its about time they suffer for it.

Big eyes has a one match touchline ban which will be served during the Bournemouth game.

He's slowly morphing into Gollum. His precious is the 3 points he hasn't got anymore, he wants it, his precious, nasty Mags'es has all the precious points'es.

I do love how they all thing Allardyce is the magic bullet which will fix everything.  RTG will go into meltdown once because he's back (pretending that all of the threads against in the summer never happened) and then again when he fails to turn them around.    This is proving to be an entertaining season!

Edited by MiddleAgeCool

Mind you, I don't subscribe to the belief that they are as good as down. It's possible they could pick up points against Bournemouth and Hull which puts them within a win of safety with 26games and a transfer window to go

Leicester were this far from safety in April last year and still stopped up

Mind you, I don't subscribe to the belief that they are as good as down. It's possible they could pick up points against Bournemouth and Hull which puts them within a win of safety with 26games and a transfer window to go

Leicester were this far from safety in April last year and still stopped up

Yeah I think that's a possibility. For all that stats about how rubbish their start is, it all depends on the teams around them at the end of the day. I don't think they'll beat Bournemouth but they could get a draw. Hull though, could kick start their season.

And to be fair to them, they do have some 'key' players out. Whether Cattermole and Borini are enough to pull them out of this is uncertain, but they'd get straight back into their first team, so we'd have to assume they'll improve them.

Mind you, I don't subscribe to the belief that they are as good as down. 

I think they're a long way from being down but the vortex of hate they've got themselves into on RTG is entertaining to watch.  They seem to be split into two factions; those who blame the whole thing on Moyes and those who think the players need to step up.   Anyone daring to question anything is by default "a mag" but all hope is on a Chinese consortium buying them from Short and rather than treating them like any other business in their portfolio, hand over a pre signed, blank chequebook in time for the January window to open.

The whole Allardyce returning thing they have bubbling away screams of Stockholm syndrome.

There's no way Allardyce would go back imo. He loves that he can say he's never been relegated from the PL (despite the fact he has been majorly responsible for sides going down) and this lot look as good as down. He's the sort of bloke who will get another PL job so he doesn't have to just take the first one offered.

I think he might want to, but I reckon he'd try to insist on club budgets being set at a certain level, in the way Rafa presumably has. Short is very unlikely to give him those guarantees.

Aye they all go on about being shafted by the FA but he was getting pissed off with the lack of transfers (due presumably to the lack of funds) so I don't think he'd be desperate to go back there.

Of course that was before he lost his job for being the right dodgy fucker that we'd always suspected he was.  He might be concerned that he wouldn't have a lot of options now.