mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

But where will be honestly see himself going? He's never going to get to manage an upper half team now unless he drags one up himself - and even then, there's no guarantee they'd keep him once that was achieved. He'll never manage in the CL. He'll never get an international role now, surely.

What's the point? The best he'll be able to manage is what he's been doing for his whole career. Building shite teams and avoiding relegation.

I would retire if I was him. There's nothing left for him now in terms of career advancement, he's shot the whole thing.

He's greedy as fuck when it comes to money though. That's the whole reason he lost the England job.

Do you really think his arrogance would allow that?

Once the dust settles and he's coined in a ton on various football show sofas, he can always come out of retirement, for the right "project".

Aye if his sacking from the England job has proven anything it's that he's after the cash.  But I think he'll also want to keep showing (in his mind that is) that he should be given a big job.  Of course none of the big clubs would touch him now (they wouldn't have touched him before either like) but he won't allow himself to believe that.

But where will be honestly see himself going? He's never going to get to manage an upper half team now unless he drags one up himself - and even then, there's no guarantee they'd keep him once that was achieved. He'll never manage in the CL. He'll never get an international role now, surely.

What's the point? The best he'll be able to manage is what he's been doing for his whole career. Building shite teams and avoiding relegation.

I doubt he's arsed, as others have said he's completely driven by money, the only other thing he hangs his hat on is the fact he's never been relegated from the PL. This Sunderland side are complete dogshit, he knows they have no money to spend on players, so he'll know his chances at saving them from relegation are pretty close to zero.

Aye he'll not get a upper mid table side but he'd no doubt get an offer from a side who are in a much more tenable position and he'll go there, it might not be this season but I can't see him going to the mackems for a combination of reasons (he was already on his way out, and the whole "I've never been relegated" spiel). Saying all that I'd be happy if he did because I think he's a dogshit manager and wouldn't stand a chance at keeping them up (again he needed two imploding sides to survive last time), it'd be brilliant to see both the tramps and that smug twat relegated.

I wonder if they'll sack Moyes if they lose to Bournemouth. He can't have too many chances left.

He's on a 4 year deal at roughly £3mil a season. Can't see Short being happy about spunking £10mil to sack him just after he's signed 10 new players

If that argument held any water very few managers would get the sack in the first couple of seasons of their contract but the average length of time PL managers have been in situ is actually less than that, even taking into account the likes of Wenger. It's obviously not a decision he'll be happy about having to make though. Do you think Short's just going to let him keep losing games like? In theory you could say he'll keep him with next season in mind but in practice when does that ever happen? And would it work anyway given the negativity of having a manager who just got you relegated. That's before you even get onto the fans' view of him.

Surely he'll have a relegation clause in his contract? Stick with him for this season, while lining up his replacement. If he keeps them up, pay him off with the Premier League cash, if he doesn't, operate the clause.

If that argument held any water very few managers would get the sack in the first couple of seasons of their contract but the average length of time PL managers have been in situ is actually less than that, even taking into account the likes of Wenger. It's obviously not a decision he'll be happy about having to make though. Do you think Short's just going to let him keep losing games like? In theory you could say he'll keep him with next season in mind but in practice when does that ever happen? And would it work anyway given the negativity of having a manager who just got you relegated. That's before you even get onto the fans' view of him.

Most teams haven't had 5 managers on long term contracts in the space of 3 seasons. Di Canio, Allardyce, Moyes and Poyet had an average of 18 games each and each signed 5-10 players in the transfer windows they had

There comes a point where Short just needs to stick with what he's got, even if that means getting relegated and rebuilding the club. The irony is it's probably cost him more to finish around 17th and sack a manager every few months than it would have losing the TV money post relegation