mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

Good academy? The only good outfield player it's produced in recent memory is Henderson and that's going back some. Lately it's churning out shite like Watmore.

jack-colback.jpg

Their junior teams are supposedly miles better than ours.  I know a lad who's son went there ahead of here because we have a really shit reputation.  A few months ago they thrashed us at all but one age level.  Apparently they're picking up loads of kids from over here because our set up is a joke.  It's not particularly paying dividends yet as we're talking about right down under 10's but there's a belief that it will in the future.

Edited by David Kelly

Who are they? Will keep an eye out for their emergence

Asoro, Gooch (no seriously), Honeyman, Maja are the ones people seem most excited about.

Their junior teams are supposedly miles better than ours.  I know a lad who's son went there ahead of here because we have a really shit reputation.  A few months ago they thrashed us at all but one age level.  Apparently they're picking up loads of kids from over here because our set up is a joke.  It's not particularly paying dividends yet as we're talking about right down under 10's but there's a belief that it will in the future.

They've been saying it for years, don't believe the hype.

They've been saying it for years, don't believe the hype.

I know people who are involved in youth coaching who are all Newcastle fans who are telling me the same thing.  They reckon our scouts (be virtue of either incompetence or poor planning from those at the top) are missing out on a lot of local talent.

They get excited about Cattermole and would play Anichebe ahead of Ritchie though

Not just talking about RTG, Asoro's been attracting admiring gazes for a while now, and Pickford is widely regarded as one of the brightest goalkeeping prospects I the country.

but yeah, there's a post on there demanding to know just exactly "Which current Championship players are better in their respective positions than the players I mentioned?" (Pickford, Oviedo, N'Dong, Rodwell, Watmore and, Borini) :lol:

There's currently a few highly rated youngsters on the fringe.

They don't think anyone is outstanding and certainly nobody ready to be put into their shit first team.Marco Gannindooni is getting some stick because he is an agent and only promotes his young clients when they discuss which youngins could be giving a chance on BBC local radio.

They don't think anyone is outstanding and certainly nobody ready to be put into their shit first team.Marco Gannindooni is getting some stick because he is an agent and only promotes his young clients when they discuss which youngins could be giving a chance on BBC local radio.

Except for Asoro, Gooch and Honeyman who've already got 12 appearances between them? 5 as starts?