mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

They've had ten years in the top flight which for them in the modern era is unprecedented, trouble is at least half of those seasons were utter bilge but 6-in-a-row marra. Back to reality now, ten years of shit in the top division is their pinnacle. They'll get promoted in a few years time if they're lucky so they've got that to look forward to although it might be from league one and maybe straight through to PL? At the minute they're where they belong.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Howay said:

Have to say I don’t go on there much so maybe it’s always like this but it’s fucking gold on there today. 

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/peter-reid-kevin-ball.1399482/

A thread basically day dreaming of having a Peter Reid and Kevin Ball managerial partnership team where Kevin Ball kicks the players in :lol: . 

Hardman Ball already has a makem relegation on his cv,so why not an 'assist' to go with it?

They've been so obsessed with the "6 in a row marra" that, without those two games a season to look forward to, they're basically like a pissed up uncle, stumbling about aimlessly, waiting for someone to put him to bed. It's an old cliche of ours to an extent but they really only are bothered about us, ESPECIALLY when the derby games were the only ray of light they had during some truly embarrassing spells. You wouldn't think that this is a club that were in a cup final in the last few years. I mean, that's an isolated incident that isn't too uncommon, especially in the League Cup, but fuck me, you think they'd throw that in our faces rather than derby wins. Just further proof that all they care about is beating us and without that Star of Bethlehem to chase, they, as a club, have no idea what to build towards, what to focus on and can't paper over the massive cracks by watching Defoe's volley on repeat for 6 months and pretending everything is alright.

41 minutes ago, Alex said:

I reckon thousands of fans hero-worshipping a paedo trumps one fan punching a horse like. 

Aye, they really should pack in trying to take any sort of high ground. 

I’ll also add the 6 in a row craic doesn’t bother me, aye the actual losses fucked me off but they’re irrelevant now aren’t they? The mackems are set to be a League One club ffs while our lot are well fancied to beat the drop and have a great deal of positivity and momentum. 

Just now, 247 said:

6 in a row literally means the world to them.. funny how we beat them 5 times in a row from like 2002-05 I think and it never really got a mention :lol::lol:

It’s also worth noting they dodged massive periods of our best sides in recent years by being too shite to be in the same league as us. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Howay said:

Aye, they really should pack in trying to take any sort of high ground. 

I’ll also add the 6 in a row craic doesn’t bother me, aye the actual losses fucked me off but they’re irrelevant now aren’t they? The mackems are set to be a League One club ffs while our lot are well fancied to beat the drop and have a great deal of positivity and momentum. 

Aye, absolutely kidding himself we're arsed there. Also taking comfort in that barely makes sense anyway given there plight. Funny how an intelligent bloke like him is still textbook mackem when it comes to us / football in general. And he wants rid of Grayson. Are they ever going to cotton on to the fact it's the players who are fucking gash and that's the problem? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Alex said:

Aye, absolutely kidding himself we're arsed there. Also taking comfort in that barely makes sense anyway given there plight. Funny how an intelligent bloke like him is still textbook mackem when it comes to us / football in general. And he wants rid of Grayson. Are they ever going to cotton on to the fact it's the players who are fucking gash and that's the problem? 

1yg17s.jpg

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Alex said:

Aye, many of them have those type of blinders when it comes to NUFC (I’m sure the same is for some of our lot but it’s definitely worse on their side). I saw one of them say it’s pointless sacking Grayson as the players are rotten and he was slagged to bits in typical RTG fashion (ones even saying “it’s a totally different group of players :lol:” when it’s really not).

Grayson is shite but he suits them and would do fine if it wasn’t for the absolute rot that is their playing staff. They laughed off that secret footballer lad when he said it, but that lad had no reason to bring it up as it’s not like making some claims about SAFC brought attention to his book since no one gives a fuck about them, he was simply passing on what was clearly reliable info and instead of listening to it they went into rabid attack mode. 

The reality is theyve overrated the shite on their books for years and turned a blind eye to the glaring lack of professionalism amongst their playing staff. They’re now thrilled ‘catts’ has been dropped despite making him out to be some Keane type for years because he turned up for two games a season (against you guessed it NUFC), the other 36 he was a total fucking clogger and spent his free time getting barred from various boozers. They also tend to fall in love with any youngster that plays, the reason being that a bit of graft stands out massively in their side as the others simply don’t give a fuck (players like Watmore and Gooch fall into this category, both fucking shite players who the mackems saw as quality). 

I also love that they are now getting defensive and calling any toon fan that pokes fun obsessed, the difference is we never made bold claims about how we’d ignore them this season like they did last season about us. Many actually said it was going to be a belta as all their claims of “easy League” and “yous are having another rafagation” would inevitably backfire. I’m personally absolutely fucking loving it and make no bones whatsoever about paying attention to them this year more than I have in yonks, and they’d be kidding themselves if they wouldn’t be lapping this up if it was the other way round. 

26 minutes ago, Howay said:

Aye, many of them have those type of blinders when it comes to NUFC (I’m sure the same is for some of our lot but it’s definitely worse on their side). I saw one of them say it’s pointless sacking Grayson as the players are rotten and he was slagged to bits in typical RTG fashion (ones even saying “it’s a totally different group of players :lol:” when it’s really not).

Grayson is shite but he suits them and would do fine if it wasn’t for the absolute rot that is their playing staff. They laughed off that secret footballer lad when he said it, but that lad had no reason to bring it up as it’s not like making some claims about SAFC brought attention to his book since no one gives a fuck about them, he was simply passing on what was clearly reliable info and instead of listening to it they went into rabid attack mode. 

The reality is theyve overrated the shite on their books for years and turned a blind eye to the glaring lack of professionalism amongst their playing staff. They’re now thrilled ‘catts’ has been dropped despite making him out to be some Keane type for years because he turned up for two games a season (against you guessed it NUFC), the other 36 he was a total fucking clogger and spent his free time getting barred from various boozers. They also tend to fall in love with any youngster that plays, the reason being that a bit of graft stands out massively in their side as the others simply don’t give a fuck (players like Watmore and Gooch fall into this category, both fucking shite players who the mackems saw as quality). 

I also love that they are now getting defensive and calling any toon fan that pokes fun obsessed, the difference is we never made bold claims about how we’d ignore them this season like they did last season about us. Many actually said it was going to be a belta as all their claims of “easy League” and “yous are having another rafagation” would inevitably backfire. I’m personally absolutely fucking loving it and make no bones whatsoever about paying attention to them this year more than I have in yonks, and they’d be kidding themselves if they wouldn’t be lapping this up if it was the other way round. 

Spot on but the bit in bold in particular 

Really hoping they Sack Grayson and appoint Lennon.

By my reckoning they have approx 0.61 ppg do far, last season Forest came 4th from bottom with 51 points. So if my maths is right (which it very well may not be) they need to get 1.31 points per game immediately.

They're doomed.

Edited by Kevin Carr's Gloves

1 hour ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

Really hoping they Sack Grayson and appoint Lennon.

By my reckoning they have approx 0.61 ppg do far, last season Forest came 4th from bottom with 51 points. So if my maths is right (which it very well may not be) they need to get 1.31 points per game immediately.

They're doomed.

Only stayed up on goal difference as well, i.e. 51 points saw Blackburn relegated.

What the fuck is going on over on RTG :lol::lol: Some of them are convinced that some new member on there who is obviously on a wind up defending Grayson in every thread is actually Grayson himself :lol: Like when they thought that TerrysChippie chap was the TrueGeordie for whatever reason, class :lol: