mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

6 hours ago, Howay said:

Canny start by Coleman, good to see them using their new manager bounce. 

They’ll be fewmin it was Brucey in all. 

Nice to see him start as he means to go on. 11 points from 18 matches :lol:

10 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

If Brum beat Boro tomorrow the Mackems are 7 points adrift. And that's with the leagues top scorer! When he goes back to Bournemouth they are even more fucked!

It's no guarantee of safety this season but average surviving team has picked up 47pts. If Sunderland are aiming for that they need 36pts from the next 28 games. In other words they're needing 12 wins when they've only managed 16 since May 2015.

25 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Still don't think they'll go down tbh... I know the numbers aren't favourable but they're not that far adrift (4 points I think?) and there is plenty of the season left to go.

Plenty of time, but as I said, to get to 47pts (which may not actually be enough for survival, but is the average) they need 36 points from 28 games. This is a club that's managed 1.3PpG once in a decade.

As KD says, if Birmingham beat Middlesbrough Sunderland will be 7pts off safety. They've got a decent run for Coleman to try and get points, facing 3 of the bottom 6, and 2 of those at home. But they look shocking at the back, and their 'keepers are fucking awful. 

Coleman needs to sort their backline out tout suite, because if he doesn't and these easier fixtures go by without getting them at within touching distance of safety, they've got a pretty stinking late Dec/Early Jan where they could be cut adrift.

2 minutes ago, Alex said:

Obsessed tbh

I could probably prattle on about Luton town as much as I do about Sunderland, but fewer people would care.

5 minutes ago, The Fish said:

I could probably prattle on about Luton town as much as I do about Sunderland, but fewer people would care.

I was only kidding btw

2 minutes ago, Alex said:

I was only kidding btw

How am I supposed to know that Alex?! There were no winky emojis, there was no italicisation... I'm not Sherlock fucking Holmes y'know!

Just now, The Fish said:

How am I supposed to know that Alex?! There were no winky emojis, there was no italicisation... I'm not Sherlock fucking Holmes y'know!

It's tout de suite btw. If you're going to be pretentious, get it right!

;):D:P

1 hour ago, Rayvin said:

Still don't think they'll go down tbh... I know the numbers aren't favourable but they're not that far adrift (4 points I think?) and there is plenty of the season left to go.

if brum win their game in hand, they'll be 7 points from safety. it's not looking too clever for them with close to half the season gone. 

3 minutes ago, Alex said:

It's tout de suite btw. If you're going to be pretentious, get it right!

;):D:P

:lol:

Was aiming for the Delboy version of the idiom, but clearly I should stick with the pretentious horse what brung me.

Just now, The Fish said:

:lol:

Was aiming for the Delboy version of the idiom, but clearly I should stick with the pretentious horse what brung me.

Toot sweet, Rodney :D

10 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

if brum win their game in hand, they'll be 7 points from safety. it's not looking too clever for them with close to half the season gone. 

Aye but they are scoring. IMO they just need to sort their defence out and they'll be looking at a steady climb. Granted they're unlikely to be able to do this until January, but I just don't see them being relegated in the end.

Might be too little too late. They're scoring now, sure, but nobody has conceded more than them and I'd rather have it the other way round; struggling to score but not conceding 2 goals a game.

Dunno mind, if he can get them organised I think they can cut down the conceded goals.

Having said that, they seem to be ravaged by injuries so who knows. If they hit League 1, you'd expect them to come straight back up but... Rodwell on £60/week in League 1... :lol:

20 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Dunno mind, if he can get them organised I think they can cut down the conceded goals.

Having said that, they seem to be ravaged by injuries so who knows. If they hit League 1, you'd expect them to come straight back up but... Rodwell on £60/week in League 1... :lol:

They're ravaged by players who are shite with a shit attitude.We can only hope he brings in squad players from the Welsh national team to get them out of the shit they are in.

30 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Oh sure, I just mean I'd prefer a defensively sound side that I need to help create/take chances. That's more about instilling confidence and loosening the shackles a bit, or perhaps changing the personnel. 

If I've got a side who're shipping 2 goals a game I'm going to have to work so hard drilling their defensive shapes, how they set up at set pieces, their workrate and concentration levels etc.