Newcastle United V Bolton Wanderers Easter Monday Kick Off 3pm

Christmas Tree

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.toontastic.net/board/topic/25673-fao-of-the-but-what-if-we-get-aload-of-injuries/

And just wanted it known that Pud offered to suck off accadacca if we pissed the championship. So in that same vein, I'll bet anyone a hand job that we come top half next season.

http://www.toontastic.net/board/topic/25587-how-many-points-required-to-win-the-league-and/page__st__20

http://www.toontasti...ad-of-injuries/

And just wanted it known that Pud offered to suck off accadacca if we pissed the championship. So in that same vein, I'll bet anyone a hand job that we come top half next season.

http://www.toontasti...nd/page__st__20

Will you wear a beret whilst you do it?

Reading through those posts - to think 2 years ago we were in the championship and had Harewood playing for us briefly. :lol:

Harewood was the most frustrating player, but he did bang in some key goals like! Fitz Hall and Pancrate are probably the funniest two we had that season, closely followed by that Russian defender

He was Georgian!

Harewood was the most frustrating player, but he did bang in some key goals like! Fitz Hall and Pancrate are probably the funniest two we had that season, closely followed by that Russian defender

He was Georgian!

Zurab Kantsayhissurnameevenwhennotpissedvili

There are some on here - pud, LM et al - who seem to revel in our failures and cease to post when we're doing well. That mindset I don't understand. I'm naturally gloomy about our prospects, something fostered on years supporting and under achieving team that usually disappoints. That's reflected in pessimistic predictions. But I'll be fucked if I'm not going to admit i got it wrong and lap it up when we do well. Got to enjoy these moments as seasons like the don't come around very often.

There are some on here - pud, LM et al - who seem to revel in our failures and cease to post when we're doing well. That mindset I don't understand. I'm naturally gloomy about our prospects, something fostered on years supporting and under achieving team that usually disappoints. That's reflected in pessimistic predictions. But I'll be fucked if I'm not going to admit i got it wrong and lap it up when we do well. Got to enjoy these moments as seasons like the don't come around very often.

Dr cloudy with sunny outbreaks tbf. :lol:

Had a lazy day on monday, was superb once I heard about Ben Arfa's goal as I knew we wouldn't chuck away a lead where we'd looked a bit shaky. Also loved hearing about Che Guevara's side getting beat 4-0 by Everton's B side and was ectstatic when Norwich held on to win, watched the last 15 mins of Fulham v Chelsea and like everyone on here I presume, punched the air when Dempsey equalised.

The pressure is very much on Spurs, even Chelsea seem calm compared to Redknapp's side and believe me, Chelsea have such a hard set of games coming up that with the way they've played the couple of games, I just don't fancy them at all.

Which brings us to ourselves. Monday evening and tuesday were days for basking in the way things have went but today I've noticed a few quotes from some of our players talking a lot about the CL and how great it'll be. Yes it will and they've a right to be proud of themselves so far and be optimistic........but........ one of the reasons where doing so well, (apart from having no little skill), has been the determination and the bullshit-free zone surrounding our players coupled with a 'get-on-with-it attitude'. I love it. I just hope nobody, and I include our support in this, starts to go into meltdown mode if we get the odd hiccup from now on. Spurs fans have turned into wrecks and Chelsea fans will be worried, let us just have the attitude of getting stuck in and going for it relatively pressure free.

Had a lazy day on monday, was superb once I heard about Ben Arfa's goal as I knew we wouldn't chuck away a lead where we'd looked a bit shaky. Also loved hearing about Che Guevara's side getting beat 4-0 by Everton's B side and was ectstatic when Norwich held on to win, watched the last 15 mins of Fulham v Chelsea and like everyone on here I presume, punched the air when Dempsey equalised.

The pressure is very much on Spurs, even Chelsea seem calm compared to Redknapp's side and believe me, Chelsea have such a hard set of games coming up that with the way they've played the couple of games, I just don't fancy them at all.

Which brings us to ourselves. Monday evening and tuesday were days for basking in the way things have went but today I've noticed a few quotes from some of our players talking a lot about the CL and how great it'll be. Yes it will and they've a right to be proud of themselves so far and be optimistic........but........ one of the reasons where doing so well, (apart from having no little skill), has been the determination and the bullshit-free zone surrounding our players coupled with a 'get-on-with-it attitude'. I love it. I just hope nobody, and I include our support in this, starts to go into meltdown mode if we get the odd hiccup from now on. Spurs fans have turned into wrecks and Chelsea fans will be worried, let us just have the attitude of getting stuck in and going for it relatively pressure free.

To be fair HMHM, the players are saying that while it's a possibility and they'll try, it's not a target that has been identified as a realistic aim. Pardew nailed when he took the question about CL on the chest, onto the knee and volleyed it back at the journo with a cheeky wee smile "It's a bit of fun." says AP. If any fans are voicing displeasure at the end of the season (even if we miss out on Europe) they need to give their heads a shake, hopefully until it falls off. This has been a remarkable season, remarkable; the low expectations of a gradual build on last season's decent return to the Premier League, concern that we'd lose more players than we recouped, uncertainty about what it was Ashley had planned, the Stadium bullshit, etc. Then suddenly we're smashing goals in from all over the shop, we're grinding out wins against teams we'd previously struggled. We're beating the champions, the local rivals, the dippers.

Honestly, fucking love this season and if anybody complains that we missed out on Champions League I'd want to sit them down with Fop for a few hours as punishment.

I have said many times there are some games when his defensive duties have been much needed, particularly when Rtaylor was covering left back.

As I keep saying it's his attacking ability which is poor.

Let's move the argument on. We are now doing better playing 433, particularly IMO when Guthrie, Tiote and Cabaye are the midfield three.

Let's say injuries have all cleared up and we go 433 against Stoke. Would people rather have Jonas in the midfield three or Guthrie?

DANNY GUTHRIE admits he is excited about his future with Newcastle United

Now, with Newcastle knocking on the door of Europe again, fans are hoping for another team to be proud of.

The midfielder has been linked with Aston Villa in recent weeks but feels that Alan Pardew’s entertaining 4-3-3 formation has captured both the imagination of the fans and the players.

The plaudits have gone to Papiss Cisse, Hatem Ben Arfa and Demba Ba. However, the combination of Guthrie, Yohan Cabaye and Cheick Tiote has also provided them with a solid platform in which to strut their stuff in recent weeks.

Should Guthrie be at Newcastle next season, the midfielder knows there could be plenty of first-team opportunities with Europe potentially around the corner.

But can United accommodate the three fan favourites Cabaye, Tiote and playmaker Guthrie?

The Shropshire lad – speaking at the launch of FIFA Street 2012 – told the Chronicle: “There’s competition for places sure, but all three of us played against Liverpool.

“Me, Yohan and Cheick.

“It’s the first time that’s been possible to happen and it was one of our most dominant performances with all three of us playing there.

“I really enjoyed it. It’s great (for the fans).

“We have played with it in the last few games and looked frightening.

“We’ve also looked solid as well. We have a really good balance with it.

“At West Brom we were counter-attacking with it and against Liverpool we dominated. So we have a bit of everything.”

Guthrie says morale couldn’t be higher at United and, after taking part in 19 games this term, said: “I’ve really enjoyed playing this season.

“I’ve had a few injuries which have disrupted it somewhat. But I’ve had good runs in the team.

“We’ve won a lot of games and we’ve just knocked five wins out on the bounce as well. That’s always great to be part of.”

Guthrie signed for the Magpies under Keegan in 2008 but suffered relegation in his first season.

He then helped United get back to the Premier League at the first attempt and has contributed to their solidification programme ever since. He said: “I’ve experienced a different season each year!

“This was one that we weren’t expecting.

“People were writing us off at the start and have been throughout the season.

“But we’re still there with five games to go.”

But fans continue to wonder if Guthrie will be here at the start of next term.

Guthrie’s contract is up at the end of the campaign and he said: “There’s no talks for the minute, they are supposedly scheduled for the end of the season.

“We’ll wait and see. There’s no rush on my side and no rush on the club’s side. Of course I’m happy here.

“It’s a massive club and it’s great.

“We’ve had a great season and next year is already something to look forward to.”

There are better players out there, but if we can keep him happy on a low(er) wage and few(er) appearances we shouldn't get rid for the sake of it. We've a small squad that's been stretched to the limit this season.

There are better players out there, but if we can keep him happy on a low(er) wage and few(er) appearances we shouldn't get rid for the sake of it. We've a small squad that's been stretched to the limit this season.

Totally underestimating the player imo.

He has played really well in the 433 and played excellent when covering for Tiote earlier in the season.

If Pardew sticks with him in this role I think he will get better and better.

He has played really well in the 433 and played excellent when covering for Tiote earlier in the season.

right now youre not allowed to say we should get rid/hes not good enough to push us on or anything like that in another thread now

right now youre not allowed to say we should get rid/hes not good enough to push us on or anything like that in another thread now

What you on about.

I think he's a canny player and I'd like him to stay but if he wants 1st team football he's right to leave imo because he won't get a game when everyone's fit (nor should he). I don't see him getting better and better though. He's a decent footballer with limited attributes in terms of pace, athleticism and engine, he's also been around a bit and has plenty of experience and isn't that young (25 I think). I just don't see any scope for much improvement.

I think he's a canny player and I'd like him to stay but if he wants 1st team football he's right to leave imo because he won't get a game when everyone's fit (nor should he). I don't see him getting better and better though. He's a decent footballer with limited attributes in terms of pace, athleticism and engine, he's also been around a bit and has plenty of experience and isn't that young (25 I think). I just don't see any scope for much improvement.

I think his only competition in the 433 is Jonas???? and thats debatable.