Other clubs summer transfer activity thread

Baggio

Does it matter?

Of course it does. I've lost count of the amount of players they've bought without having had a manager in place. They're buying pllayers that the new manager will feel forced to play even if they don't suit his tactics/formation etc.

It's incredible the amount of money they've spent on Abramovich (and their director of football) playing a sort of Fantasy Football.

It's just not right. I really can not stand that club in any way shape or form and I do not like how they go about things.

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great input as ever. :thanks:

It was a serious point tbh, this way of doing things has seen Chelsea have their most successful period ever, they won the European cup a few weeks ago.

I might annoy opposition fans (as mt demonstrated) but I'm willing to bet Chelsea's don't give a shit when they've signed two of the most talked about players in Europe over the last couple of years

We had supposedly been scouting cisse for two years before we signed him, we'd changed manager in that time so it obviously wasn't pardew that started that process.

Worth remembering that Chelsea's wage bill is already higher than Man City's. I know they're going to lose a few this summer but Hazard and Hulk will be on supa-ridiculous money.

I'm hearing rumblings that Kaka is signing for Arsenal

I think it'd be a silly signing for Wenger. He's not going to hit the sort of form he was showing for Milan a few years' back.

Struggled with injury recently and isn't he 30 now?

Worth remembering that Chelsea's wage bill is already higher than Man City's. I know they're going to lose a few this summer but Hazard and Hulk will be on supa-ridiculous money.

Aye, we know though that the ffp rules will make it a minor inconvenience to bankroll clubs ala Chelsea and city though, it's just a case of setting up "sponsor" deals from one of the myriad other companies these people own.

According to reports Blackburn Rovers winger Junior Hoilett is heading to German outfit Borussia Mönchengladbach.

Mönchengladbach are understood to won the race for the Canadian’s signature who has also been chased by several clubs in England, France and Germany.

Hoilett is understood to be close to signing a four-year contract with the Bundesliga club who finished fourtth last season.

The winger is a free agent, but Rovers will pick a training fee of less than £500,000 to Blackburn Rovers.

Hoilett was spotted by Rovers in 2009 by previous boss Sam Allardyce when he was playing for Paderborn and St. Pauli.

I think so yeah, they finished 4th last season.

They've lost Marco Reus to Dortmund though so might struggle a bit.

Edited by Besty

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently Sturridge wants to leave chelsea

this time last year I'd have had us in for him no question but I'm less sure now, hes a good player but hes greedy as fuck and seems to think hes much better than he is

Not much of a passer but Pardew could sort that, we'd be a perfect club for Sturridge. We're not full of "big" stars and he would fit perfectly into the left wing role of the front three if Ba left.

Aye, thats what they say about the rugger buggerers.... ;)

Never heard anyone describe a posistion on a football field as " wing forward". Its a posistion from rugby union....is Sturridge a winger or a forward?...

Aye, thats what they say about the rugger buggerers.... ;)

Never heard anyone describe a posistion on a football field as " wing forward". Its a posistion from rugby union....is Sturridge a winger or a forward?...

More of a wide forward. ;)