Other clubs summer transfer activity thread

Baggio

:lol:

His nose is a concern like .

Another couple of years > a full on Ricky Tomlinson job .

Already this season it's the colour of two week old ham , it's gonna have planes circling it come winter .

I like Fergie, a good man with decent morals and the best manager in the world. All the kids who come through the Man Utd system, get a proper education and very very rarely come off the rails, that speaks volumes for SAF.

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye, joking aside you have to respect him .

I gained a huge chunk of respect for him the way he spoke at SBR's service I have to say .

That took a dip during the spell when he defended Rooney's elbow to the temple .

In the last couple of years he seems to have mellowed slightly with some of his interviews and is more endearing for it. Bit more open and honest . Did you hear his 5Live interview with SPOONY (?!) towards end of last season. Was good, very lucid. Big family man and nice to hear that side of him and made me see further beyond his black roll neck and gum .

Aye, joking aside you have to respect him .

I gained a huge chunk of respect for him the way he spoke at SBR's service I have to say .

That took a dip during the spell when he defended Rooney's elbow to the temple .

In the last couple of years he seems to have mellowed slightly with some of his interviews and is more endearing for it. Bit more open and honest . Did you hear his 5Live interview with SPOONY (?!) towards end of last season. Was good, very lucid. Big family man and nice to hear that side of him and made me see further beyond his black roll neck and gum .

I didn't hear that like, but on a personal level apparently he's a fascinating man to listen to, at ease talking about fine wines, politics, history, I'd actually love to meet him. Also other than his pathetic comments when FSA was sacked, going back 25 years the comments he makes about Newcastle United are more respectful than of any he makes on other clubs.

I think the one man he could've helped massively as a footballer and as a man, was Gazza like.

I didn't hear that like, but on a personal level apparently he's a fascinating man to listen to, at ease talking about fine wines, politics, history, I'd actually love to meet him. Also other than his pathetic comments when FSA was sacked, going back 25 years the comments he makes about Newcastle United are more respectful than of any he makes on other clubs.

I think the one man he could've helped massively as a footballer and as a man, was Gazza like.

Yeah definately. Im sure Ive heard him ruefully say as much himself .

Could've certainly set him up mentally for his future better than any of the cat shit pies that were the Goldsteins, Danny Baker, Chris Evans'et al

What is interesting is that Dzeko appears to be heading to Arsenal for £13m, I'd rather have had him than Carroll like, I really rate him, and he'd be even better if he started every game.

I'm a massive fan of Dzeko. Fantastic player with real quality in the air and on the ground. Certainly rather have him than Carroll but not a chance in a hell we will get him

Just imagine eh? Wow, what could have been man, what could have been.

Everyone loves to hate Fergie, but we all respect him tbh. Some of the decisions he stands by are him being loyal to his club every manager does it, lte be honest.

I for one will be sad the day he retires. Footbaw will not be the same in this country.

I'm a massive fan of Dzeko. Fantastic player with real quality in the air and on the ground. Certainly rather have him than Carroll but not a chance in a hell we will get him

Aye if we could I'd hope we'd think of a better song than Man City sing for him. "Edin Dzekooo oooh (repeat x10)"

Just imagine eh? Wow, what could have been man, what could have been.

Everyone loves to hate Fergie, but we all respect him tbh. Some of the decisions he stands by are him being loyal to his club every manager does it, lte be honest.

I for one will be sad the day he retires. Footbaw will not be the same in this country.

Aye but with a bit of luck Man Utd will become shite, I doubt it though.

Blackburn sign your Jordan Rhodes for £8m. I know he hasn't played in the top 2 flights but I know he'll make it. One of my mates is a Brentford fan and they had him on loan when he was 16 from Ipswich and he said to me at the time he'll play for England he's that good. I think he will be that good but sadly he's already started a Scotland career. Do or die this season for Blackburn like.

I think Taggart would have eventually lost patience with Gazza as back then he wasn't as good of a man manager as he is now and was quite strict.

Joe Harvey nearly signed Fergie from Dumfermline around 1966...he went to Rangers instead, understandable as he was brought up 100 yards away from Ibrox.

A mate of mine went to a non-league managers seminar in the 90s, he's an ex semi pro player and was looking to move into the management side. The FA set it up and the list of speakers was imressive; Hoddle was the England manager at the time and he spoke, think he said Graham Taylor was there as well, cant remember who else. Anyway Fergie was booked for an hour in the afternoon but spoke for 3 and my mate said he learned more about football that afternoon than he had in his previous 30 odd years on the planet :lol:

All his ex teamates from his playing days say he's the one who organises reunions, wip rounds when one of his ex team mates' wives has died, that sort of thing. Him and a journo called Patrick Barclay had a mutual friend who Barclay knew hadn't been well and mentioned the bloke to Fergie one day. Fergie went on to tell him what the exact nature of the problem was, what the prognosis was, the treatment he was getting etc etc...it was obvious that hed visited the mutual friend quite a lot during his illness, all this and still finding time to run arguably the worlds biggest football club. Like him or loath him, not many people he's worked with slate him. Only the bell ends in the media who he's treated with a fair bit of contempt over the years. But as somebody mentioned he's only done that to protect his players and club. He's a fuckin genius really. Wish we'd had the board with the foresight and gumption to try to get him in the mid 80s, he spoke to Wolves and Arsenal at the time so may have been open to it eventualyl joining us....our modern history wouldve been a lot different if he had.

I must be in the minority for not botting Fergie. He's mellowed recently but for the best part of 20years he was the worst kind of manager. Refusing to speak to the BBC, blaming losses on eveything and anything, usually the refs. Spitting his dummy out if he didnt get 6minutes injury time. Feigning his own players injuries to avoid England duty. Banning journalists from the ground who dared to not tow the line. Kicking journalists out of his press conferences for asking questions he didnt like

SBR was twice the gentleman he'll ever be

I must be in the minority for not botting Fergie. He's mellowed recently but for the best part of 20years he was the worst kind of manager. Refusing to speak to the BBC, blaming losses on eveything and anything, usually the refs. Spitting his dummy out if he didnt get 6minutes injury time. Feigning his own players injuries to avoid England duty. Banning journalists from the ground who dared to not tow the line. Kicking journalists out of his press conferences for asking questions he didnt like

SBR was twice the gentleman he'll ever be

How come they were big mates then?....Sir Bob and Fergie both disliked Clough as it goes, and he did have a reputation for pissing his peers off badly. No one says things like that about Fergie. Fergie has huge power in the gme, hes the "go to" man for directors for references before they appoint managers, and for his fellow managers before they buy players, second opinion sort of thing. I imagine that pisses a lot of people off. The way hes come across via the media since hes been manager at manu doesnt bother me in the slightest. He likes to be in control, and makes sure he is. Nowt wrong with that, the image that portrays is irrelevent.