FA given Permission to speak to Roy Hodgson over England job

Tooj

The FA prob sent Redknapp an application form and he couldnt fill it in. Or tried to in crayon.

Twitched so much when filling it in 'Harry' ended up looking like 'Roy'. Never bothered with his surname - clearly he was getting the job anyway, the press had said so! :lol:

I'd call that much more interesting. :)

Not really. Would have played 442 with wingers and we'd have got battered every match.

Might be some semblence of tactics under Woy.

Not really. Would have played 442 with wingers and we'd have got battered every match.

Yeah park the bus and hit them on the counter. Cant see that working out all that well either.

Ah well lets see. Roy isnt exactly a total fotball preacher either

It looks like the FA are once agian settling for a quarter final, hard lines, get beat on pens tornament .

As opposed to what, getting torn apart 4-1 by the Germans in the round of 16 or not even qualifying for the tournament like the previous two managers?

Every piece of media coverage I've seen so far has labelled Redknapp as the "fans' favourite". The lass on the BBC now is asking if "it's a risk for the FA to go against what the fans want". Not gonna be easy for Hodgson with this sort of coverage.

Edited by Gemmill

It's pathetic like. I don't know if it's a North Eastern thing but I can't say I've spoken to many in the last few months from these parts that were passionately behind Redknapp's appointment.

We can look forward to this summer's recurring feature in The Sun, 'What I would've done', where 'Arry has a two page section on the previous night's England game and explains how Hodgson got it wrong and why you would be world champions if he were in charge.

I think people just took it for granted because of the media insistence that he was the only option, rather than any overwhelming desire that it actually be him.

Personally it would just have given me another reason to dislike the national team. At least Hodgson seems like a genuinely decent man, and someone who you hope succeeds.

We can look forward to this summer's recurring feature in The Sun, 'What I would've done', where 'Arry has a two page section on the previous night's England game and explains how Hodgson got it wrong and why you would be world champions if he were in charge.

Unfortunately that sounds like exactly the sort of thing he'd do. Wouldn't surprise me if he takes a job as a TV pundit for the summer so we can get it in real time.

:lol:

Uncle Woy!!! The media will crucify him before he even gets started, though I seem to recall them doing something similar to a previous England manager that ended up relatively successful in the grand scheme of things. I actually quite like the bloke, my only regret will be not seeing Tottenham go down the swanny.

I've nothing against Hodgson but he is a pretty average manager. Managed a lot of teams to steady success but never won anything. 10th position with WBA is probably

his level to be fair.

Cant see the media giving him a fair ride though, which is a shame

Tenth with WBA isn't any less impressive than top 6 with Spurs really though, is it. Europa League final with Fulham too.

Another good thing about Hodgson is that no man has more incentive to get rid of the England old guard when they've got names like Terry and Gerrard.

Yeah park the bus and hit them on the counter. Cant see that working out all that well either.

You have misunderstood the (north-eastern) English psyche towards the national team. ;)

Tenth with WBA isn't any less impressive than top 6 with Spurs really though, is it. Europa League final with Fulham too.

Another good thing about Hodgson is that no man has more incentive to get rid of the England old guard when they've got names like Terry and Gerrard.

:lol:

Thankless task tbh. The press are fuckin fuming this morning about Redknapp "offically" not being asked.So he's no chance of getting the "country" on his side. Hopefully hes long enough in the tooth to to know that he should just ignore them. Dont know his best course of action...I know what I'd do, I wouldnt even consider Terry, and if his mates in the squad dont like it I'd tell them if they kick off theyll go the same way. But he's probably too much of a diplomat for that. Something needs to change in that squad if they want to move on and that would be the best move iyam.

Edited by PaddockLad

Quick flick through Twitter this morning and the usual decent crowd of journalists are saying that Redknapp was ruled out due to the expected millions in compensation.

They also keep going on about Woy's ability to grow the national football centre which seems a little odd, i'm sure most other English managers would have seen the importance in developing a younger generation.

Swiss were ranked 3rd at their peak with Roy. It wouldn't surprise me if Eng did quite well under him. We'll defend as a unit and there will be pace on the counter. We can't play posession football anyway.

I've nothing against Hodgson but he is a pretty average manager. Managed a lot of teams to steady success but never won anything. 10th position with WBA is probably

his level to be fair.

Cant see the media giving him a fair ride though, which is a shame

He won 5 league titles on the bounce with malmo