Newcastle United v Manchester City

McFaul

but this could be a pivotal game in the next five or six years in my view. If we win today, we'll have one foot in the Champions League. There's nee way Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea will not improve, they've all been shit by their standards. The key thing is the toon, we have some top class players, we qualify for the Champions League, it would be madness even for that fat cunt, to have a firesale. The CL money will give us the opportunity to get ourselves where we used to be, in the top 15 richest clubs in the world, retain our best players and keep building so this season has a legacy rather than some sort of Everton style fluke. That's how big today is.

This.

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shaking like a leaf here, yet so excited at the same time. :lol:

Heard a rumour you're at the match today Scotty 2 Hotty?

ManU fans really backing us for the win here =D They've got more faith in us than they did in their own tbh.

I'll be ecstatic if we do this, what with Arsenal's result yesterday - it'd be like it was fate or something o_O

Not at the match, but I'm gonna try and get out to see you helmets afterwards. Having to make an unexpected trip to my gran's though, so trying to arrange that so it doesn't fuck things up.

A win today confirms we finish at least 5th. Which was where we finished back in 94/95 yet that year it was considered disappointing considering we'd finished 3rd the year before.

I have a sneaking suspicion Spurs are going to finish 3rd and us 4th leaving us to shout for Bayern on the 19th. EL football would be a massive disaster for Chelsea. Bring it on!

:nufc:

That would screw Arsenal and Chelsea right up. Out of all the teams chasing the CL right now I think Arsenal are in need of it the most in a way because of their gradual decline over the last few years.

Bayern really should be winning the final but something about the way Chelsea won the semi makes you think it wont be that simple.

Who at sky thinks its a good idea to get a former sunderland and city player to commentate on this fucking game

Balanced

One of the many things that irritate me about modern football coverage is the apparent desire to be as least impartial as possible, or more widely that being an ex pro offers some fascinating insight when it clearly doesn't. Give me the guys from the Guardian - even if they are dominated by mackems - any day over Hansen, Redknapp et al.

Essentially we're dealing with half a billion pounds worth of mercenary scum who with all the advantages that brings are STILL struggling to put to bed the league. Compared to them we are like Cuba and we will fight like Cuba and the people and football will win today. Let loose the winged monkeys!!! :lol: