yeeeeeeeeeeeeee hhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaa

LeazesMag

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anal Oliver was just on SSN. Souness and Shepherd are having a meeting sometime this week so Shepherd can 'get the answers to some questions'. He said that Shepherd wouldn't give the job to someone who turned it down before (Allardyce) and the only reason for Souness being here as long as he has been is due to a lack of suitable candidates (NOT Hitzfeld or Le Guen, then)

73959[/snapback]

Hitzfeld isn't available at this time.

What I was asking myself already a couple of days ago is that during the summer and before Souness always said how he is in contact with Fat Fred all the time. Now it is as the two are not communicating with each other any more. E.g. Souness says that he doesn't know if he has money to spend in the transfer window. Eh? The manager doesn't know what he is allowed to do? To me it looks like the fat controller already had started to distance himself from his most important member of staff.

What really matters isn't that events have proven Gem to be wrong, it's that it looks like it's taken FS too long to see what a handful of people on here could see 12 months ago. Souness has been allowed to fcuk the club up and it'll take any manager some time now to put things right, imo.

I don't care whether Gem ever understands this, I just hope FS does, hopefully today.

73861[/snapback]

For the umpteenth time:

I said that Souness needed time to prove himself one way or the other. He's used that time to prove that he isn't good enough. Which doesn't make me wrong because he still needed that time to prove his inadequacy in his role as manager of Newcastle United (not Liverpool, Blackburn, or any other club he may have been at in the past).

It was simply the true, 100% correct statement that "A new manager needs time to prove himself" that makes me RIGHT and not WRONG.

FACTARAMA.

73891[/snapback]

Gemmill, you were wrong because you thought he was the man for the job when he came here. That is all I am saying, just admit you were wrong on that aspect and I will never bring it up again. ;)

73902[/snapback]

:)

I didn't think that you knobber! When I first saw his appointment I remember it vividly: I was abroad and I saw it on the BBC website and was as underwhelmed as anyone else. But after the initial disappointment I just thought "Ah well, he's here now. Let's see how the bloke does." Meanwhile, in Newcastle Airport's departure lounge........CARNAGE!!! :razz:

73910[/snapback]

The first post I read after coming back from Barcelona (nearly 2 weeks after his appointment) was you saying something like "The more I think about it, the more I think Souness will be good for our club.....".

Followed by "Anyone who doesn't think he should get AT LEAST 2 years in the job is a f*****g idiot".

Anyway, this is getting beyond pointless now, and I can't prove it, so we may as well drop it.

73914[/snapback]

Making stuff uuuuuup. :icon_lol:

I did say the thing about giving him 2 years like. And you were fucking idiot numero uno at the time IIRC. :razz: I've revised that time period downwards now btw, but don't worry, your "fucking idiot" status remains unaffected. :gay:

73916[/snapback]

Cheers for that like. How was I, or am I, a fucking idiot, when most things I predicted under Souness came to pass?

73918[/snapback]

It was a joke. Now stop crying. :razz:

Anal Oliver was just on SSN. Souness and Shepherd are having a meeting sometime this week so Shepherd can 'get the answers to some questions'. He said that Shepherd wouldn't give the job to someone who turned it down before (Allardyce) and the only reason for Souness being here as long as he has been is due to a lack of suitable candidates (NOT Hitzfeld or Le Guen, then)

73959[/snapback]

Disappointing. If there is a lack of suitable candidates, it's because Shepherd is so incompetent that he refuses to look past the usual gang of mediocre British managers (Allardyce excluded).

It will be interesting (for once) to see what Anal Oliver comes out with tonight in the Chron.

73892[/snapback]

Oliver was on SSN earlier saying that Souness would have to win the FA Cup to save his job and that without Owen, he has no chance....

73959[/snapback]

Disappointing. If there is a lack of suitable candidates, it's because Shepherd is so incompetent that he refuses to look past the usual gang of mediocre British managers

74023[/snapback]

true. What a wanker! :)

I don't think we'll be after Steve Bruce, he seems to have already been employed by the BBC to present racing and commentate on fireworks.  :)

74075[/snapback]

Claire%20Balding%201.JPG

What really matters isn't that events have proven Gem to be wrong, it's that it looks like it's taken FS too long to see what a handful of people on here could see 12 months ago. Souness has been allowed to fcuk the club up and it'll take any manager some time now to put things right, imo.

I don't care whether Gem ever understands this, I just hope FS does, hopefully today.

73861[/snapback]

For the umpteenth time:

I said that Souness needed time to prove himself one way or the other. He's used that time to prove that he isn't good enough. Which doesn't make me wrong because he still needed that time to prove his inadequacy in his role as manager of Newcastle United (not Liverpool, Blackburn, or any other club he may have been at in the past).

It was simply the true, 100% correct statement that "A new manager needs time to prove himself" that makes me RIGHT and not WRONG.

FACTARAMA.

73891[/snapback]

Gemmill, you were wrong because you thought he was the man for the job when he came here. That is all I am saying, just admit you were wrong on that aspect and I will never bring it up again. ;)

73902[/snapback]

I didn't think that you knobber! When I first saw his appointment I remember it vividly: I was abroad and I saw it on the BBC website and was as underwhelmed as anyone else. But after the initial disappointment I just thought "Ah well, he's here now. Let's see how the bloke does." Meanwhile, in Newcastle Airport's departure lounge........CARNAGE!!! :gay:

73910[/snapback]

The first post I read after coming back from Barcelona (nearly 2 weeks after his appointment) was you saying something like "The more I think about it, the more I think Souness will be good for our club.....".

Followed by "Anyone who doesn't think he should get AT LEAST 2 years in the job is a f*****g idiot".

Anyway, this is getting beyond pointless now, and I can't prove it, so we may as well drop it.

73914[/snapback]

Well Souness became manager when we were all camped out over at the backup forum at http://s7.invisionfree.com/toonchat/ so you can go over there and have a sift through the threads and find the comment you reckon Gemmill made.

I'm pretty confident he didn't say that like, but it's for you to prove he did... :razz:

Surely if you back the manager/give him time, you do so in the belief that he will be successful ?

73922[/snapback]

swap 'belief' for 'hope' and you're spot on...

73861[/snapback]

For the umpteenth time:

FACTARAMA.

73891[/snapback]

73902[/snapback]

I didn't think that you knobber! When I first saw his appointment I remember it vividly: I was abroad and I saw it on the BBC website and was as underwhelmed as anyone else. But after the initial disappointment I just thought "Ah well, he's here now. Let's see how the bloke does." Meanwhile, in Newcastle Airport's departure lounge........CARNAGE!!! :razz:

73910[/snapback]

73914[/snapback]

Well Souness became manager when we were all camped out over at the backup forum at http://s7.invisionfree.com/toonchat/ so you can go over there and have a sift through the threads and find the comment you reckon Gemmill made.

I'm pretty confident he didn't say that like, but it's for you to prove he did... :gay:

74142[/snapback]

I'm pretty sure I once said that I thought he might break our duck and win something like the Carling Cup, because at one time I really did believe that. I'm not the only one though, and even some of his detractors thought that he might just spawn a trophy - the difference being they saw this as a bad thing because it would mean him staying at the club for longer. :razz:

73861[/snapback]

For the umpteenth time:

FACTARAMA.

73891[/snapback]

73902[/snapback]

73910[/snapback]

73914[/snapback]

I'm pretty confident he didn't say that like, but it's for you to prove he did... :razz:

74142[/snapback]

I'm certain he did, in fact I think it was in a thread he started. Is there anyway of checking threads Gemmill started between early and mid September, 2005?

I actually haven't a clue how to do this, and can't even remember by log in.....

We can't all be geeks.... :gay:

Surely if you back the manager/give him time, you do so in the belief that he will be successful ?

73922[/snapback]

74144[/snapback]

I've already said that :)

74146[/snapback]

no, swap "common sense" for either

73861[/snapback]

For the umpteenth time:

FACTARAMA.

73891[/snapback]

73902[/snapback]

73910[/snapback]

73914[/snapback]

I'm pretty confident he didn't say that like, but it's for you to prove he did... :gay:

74142[/snapback]

I'm pretty sure I once said that I thought he might break our duck and win something like the Carling Cup, because at one time I really did believe that. I'm not the only one though, and even some of his detractors thought that he might just spawn a trophy - the difference being they saw this as a bad thing because it would mean him staying at the club for longer. :razz:

74150[/snapback]

I honestly thought you also went on about Souness sorting out the trouble makers and instilling discipline, but if you didn't, then fair enough....

73922[/snapback]

74144[/snapback]

I've already said that :)

74146[/snapback]

Yeah I know, but I've been reading through the thread chronologically and replied to it as soon as I saw it. Then I read your reply further down ;)

I honestly thought you also went on about Souness sorting out the trouble makers and instilling discipline, but if you didn't, then fair enough....

74153[/snapback]

Well thats all sorted then.

Pub anyone? :)

73861[/snapback]

For the umpteenth time:

FACTARAMA.

73891[/snapback]

Gemmill, you were wrong because you thought he was the man for the job when he came here. That is all I am saying, just admit you were wrong on that aspect and I will never bring it up again. :)

73902[/snapback]

If that's true, then yes, Gemmill is wrong.

Can't actually remember anyone thinking Souness was the man for the job though ;)

73911[/snapback]

NJS and Ally were the only ones IIRC. Though the latter should have given Gemmill a hint that it was utter nonsense to give him time... :razz:

73919[/snapback]

http://s7.invisionfree.com/toonchat/index.php?showtopic=215

:gay:

73861[/snapback]

For the umpteenth time:

FACTARAMA.

73891[/snapback]

73902[/snapback]

73910[/snapback]

73914[/snapback]

74142[/snapback]

I'm certain he did, in fact I think it was in a thread he started. Is there anyway of checking threads Gemmill started between early and mid September, 2005?

I actually haven't a clue how to do this, and can't even remember by log in.....

We can't all be geeks.... :gay:

74151[/snapback]

This the thread you're talking about? It wasn't by Gemmill - it was by the Turd! :icon_lol::razz:

http://s7.invisionfree.com/toonchat/index.php?showtopic=1072

Fuck me gently, have a look at the comment by Papa L in that thread ;)

At the very least he has got me happy to watch the team again and looking forward to matches!

Can't be the same bloke as the Souness-hater off here, surely? :)

73861[/snapback]

For the umpteenth time:

FACTARAMA.

73891[/snapback]

Gemmill, you were wrong because you thought he was the man for the job when he came here. That is all I am saying, just admit you were wrong on that aspect and I will never bring it up again. :razz:

73902[/snapback]

I didn't think that you knobber! When I first saw his appointment I remember it vividly: I was abroad and I saw it on the BBC website and was as underwhelmed as anyone else. But after the initial disappointment I just thought "Ah well, he's here now. Let's see how the bloke does." Meanwhile, in Newcastle Airport's departure lounge........CARNAGE!!! :icon_lol:

73910[/snapback]

73914[/snapback]

74142[/snapback]

We can't all be geeks.... :razz:

74151[/snapback]

This the thread you're talking about? It wasn't by Gemmill - it was by the Turd! :rolleyes::razz:

http://s7.invisionfree.com/toonchat/index.php?showtopic=1072

74162[/snapback]

Don't know who he is tbh. ;)