Official Olympics 2012 Thread

catmag

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Riiiiight.

Absolutely nowt against her tbh. Hope she does well. I do like Frankie Boyle now and again. He is a cunt though. But that's what's made him famous. Cheap jokes aimed to shock at a childish level of humour. Prob why I like some of his stuff :D

Whatever it is you're on about, I missed it.

But as is often the case (especially on here), a sports person is being judged on how they come across in the media and not how they perfomed. Why the fuck youd want to bring that up when I was on about how shed done brilliantly in beating her time from Beijing beats me but there you go.

It was me brought it up yesterday. Apparently Boyle has an ongoing feud with her, which basically involves him laying into her appearance. The lass wins two golds at the age of 19 and this is the best this "comedian" can come up with.

You're spot on about being judged on media performance vs sporting performance btw, although tbh I think she comes across fine in interview.

Edited by Gemmill

Well, a weekend of the olumpics and I must say, Ive bloody well enjoyed it.

I train with Lizzie's brother quite a bit and Lizzie has joined us on a few occasions, she is a great lass and I am made up for her getting silver in the road race. The womens race was great, really nail biting and really gutsy. Take note men, this is bike racing!

The BBC's attention to medals is starting to do my head in. They are humans man competeing against the best in the world! Also to note, the commentry on the road race was shite!

Well, a weekend of the olumpics and I must say, Ive bloody well enjoyed it.

I train with Lizzie's brother quite a bit and Lizzie has joined us on a few occasions, she is a great lass and I am made up for her getting silver in the road race. The womens race was great, really nail biting and really gutsy. Take note men, this is bike racing!

The BBC's attention to medals is starting to do my head in. They are humans man competeing against the best in the world! Also to note, the commentry on the road race was shite!

I know nothing about cycling but all the way through both races kept saying to my lass that the coverage was terrible. They had no idea who any of the riders were and there was a total lack of info on time checks.

That Lizzie would get it actually, the lucky bitch.

I bet she wishes she could swap lives with you

She's probably better looking than I am as well as being a better athlete and person. I'd definitely rather be Frankie Boyle than her though, which is what this all comes down to

It was me brought it up yesterday. Apparently Boyle has an ongoing feud with her, which basically involves him laying into her appearance. The lass wins two golds at the age of 19 and this is the best this "comedian" can come up with.

You're spot on about being judged on media performance vs sporting performance btw, although tbh I think she comes across fine in interview.

She does, very normal lass, as a lot of these folks seem to be. Maybe Cleetus toon fan should save his barbs for the truly deserving, same for Boyle.

I know nothing about cycling but all the way through both races kept saying to my lass that the coverage was terrible. They had no idea who any of the riders were and there was a total lack of info on time checks.

That Lizzie would get it actually, the lucky bitch.

:lol: You should sit behind her on a bike mate ;)

Hugh Porter is the Murray Walker of cycling. His knowledge is class, but at 72 his brain is starting to slow down. Apparently on the Mens RR they didnt have any moniotors etc, but I dont think thats the case, I just think they didnt have any notes and shit prep.

I turned over to Eurosport for the last 2h on both cases as the blokes on there (Dave Harmon & Sean Kelly) really know their stuff and called both races spot on.

I tell you what, I hope some of these girls (and to a small point lads) are watching this and seeing how great they look, atheletic, healthy and no airbrushing needed at all!

Well, apart from the weight lifters :closedeyes:

Eurosports cycling coverage is good, tour de France is always worth watching on there.

During them men's RR they kept saying on the bbc that they weren't getting time checks, couldn't tell the Italians Russians and I think Swiss apart either

Eurosports cycling coverage is good, tour de France is always worth watching on there.

During them men's RR they kept saying on the bbc that they weren't getting time checks, couldn't tell the Italians Russians and I think Swiss apart either

Aye, some of the cyclists werent getting time checks either, but people like Dave Harmon & Sean Kelly can fill the air time, Porter & Boardman (latter isnt bad) had times of deadly silence on there and it was annoying.

I tell you what, I hope some of these girls (and to a small point lads) are watching this and seeing how great they look, atheletic, healthy and no airbrushing needed at all!

Well, apart from the weight lifters :closedeyes:

Aye they interviewed her within minutes of finishing 140km of hard graft and she looked better than most lasses do leaving the house for a night out. :lol:

Aye they interviewed her within minutes of finishing 140km of hard graft and she looked better than most lasses do leaving the house for a night out. :lol:

:lol: I texted her brother something along the lines of that :lol:

:lol: I texted her brother something along the lines of that :lol:

:lol: I bet he loved that. "Silver medal, well done etc, but what I'm really texting for is to tell you I would ride your sister silly."

Marianna Vos is just something else on a bike tbh, multiple titles etc and was fave for yesterday.

Anyone see that young Chinese girl swimming? 16 y/o and she smashed it! Anyone think "drugs"?

Im looking forward to the 7th of August for the mens triatholon :)

Marianna Vos is just something else on a bike tbh, multiple titles etc and was fave for yesterday.

Anyone see that young Chinese girl swimming? 16 y/o and she smashed it! Anyone think "drugs"?

Im looking forward to the 7th of August for the mens triatholon :)

there was that 15 year old lithuanian lass yesterday (i think yesterday) as well.