Official Olympics 2012 Thread

catmag

Ahh, at least there was an explanation for those not lucky enough ( :P) to be watching it on TV. And aye, judging by my experience on Wednesday night - and that was before 80,000 athletics fans were added into the mix! - there was no way anyone was getting out of there (or the park, or into the tube/DLR) any time soon, so why not hang around for a bit of a cheer and a singsong?

Mind, I'm still bitter at missing out on Ennis's victory ceremony in Berlin in 2009 because they held most of them at the start of the evening session instead, while people were gradually filing in. I was busy getting a Currywurst outside the stadium when the drum roll began. Bastids. :glare:

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fuck the fuck off with that fucking shit you fucking fuck!

Those were some of the special words I also considered before settling on a version that'd give the forum's prime attention-seeker less of what he craves. :whistle:

Those were some of the special words I also considered before settling on a version that'd give the forum's prime attention-seeker less of what he craves. :whistle:

Oooooh get her

In my defence it was 3am and I'd just got back from a cardiac arrest.

I went on Sat morning and fortunately got to see Ennis in the Javelin/Long jump, Mens 100 heats (Bolt, Gay, Blake et al), mens 400 heat (Blade runner), womens pole vault and womens steeplechase (didnt realise Liz McGolgan's daughter ran in this).

Got back and watched the evening session.

What a day of sporting greatness.

We waited around 1-2 hours afterwards as queues were mental to get out of Stratford.

Oooooh get her

In my defence it was 3am and I'd just got back from a cardiac arrest.

And I was at the wrong end of two bottles of red. No harm done (other than to my chances of ending up in your operating theatre one day). :good:

And I was at the wrong end of two bottles of red. No harm done (other than to my chances of ending up in your operating theatre one day). :good:

Luke and I could team up and make sure you had a beautiful anaesthetic ;)

Although 2 bottles of red works pretty well too :)

Without wanting to sound patronising towards women,

I've never really been comfortable watching women's boxing .

. . FOXY boxing on the other hand

No problems with it as long as they have to wear lingerie.