Official Olympics 2012 Thread

catmag

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ben Ainsley has just won gold in the sailing thingy.

Whilst I'm aware that he's the greatest Olympic sailor-bloke of all time etc, I just can't get excited by it.

Hah, brilliant, watching the individual gymnastics finals and there's a 37-year-old woman in the vault. She looks like one of the coaches has turned up and snuck into the line-up while nobody was looking.

Murray is in serious danger on winning this here. Federer hasn't been good but Murray is looking like he's right up for the challenge.

Aye, the Olympics could be the making of him. Definitely seems to have fallen in love with/had the British public fall in love with him during this tournament. Whisper it quietly like, cos if Federer starts fancying it, it could turn out to be a long, shit afternoon for Murray.

Absolutely fucking brilliant. What a performance.

I'm welling up here. These Olympics are amazing.

Aye. I'm really fucking annoyed with myself for being cynical about it and not getting tickets. It's been absolutely brilliant.

Aye. I'm really fucking annoyed with myself for being cynical about it and not getting tickets. It's been absolutely brilliant.

Me too. Was whinging all week about being 'forced' to watch Brazil at SJP but in the end it was curiously brilliant being part of a non partisan crowd - much better than Euro 96 for instance. Honduras was robbed like.

Good Showing though given their relative experience as well (her ofc). But aye she done a cracking job considering.

Still, gold and silver in tennis can't be sniffed at.

Fuck off man :lol: she's 18 and if you've seen any of the earlier rounds you will know shes been playing out of her skin

She bottled it. Sorry like but a professional tennis player should be able to backhand it into the court when under no pressure.

Delighted for Murray today, a gold medal beating both Djokovic AND Federer? Absolutely phenomenal and truly well deserved. :D