Official Olympics 2012 Thread

catmag

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a single comment after a couple of beers ffs! :lol: Should have deleted it. It is a subject worthy of debate though, another time maybe.

Aye - soz for sticking my nose in as well - it doesn't irritate me by the way (though I stand by my comments on Muamba).

Leazes was always worst when he got in from the pub too, alcohol exposes your inner prejudices.

And you don't think that is patronising?

I've already described it as a prejudice Luke. Recognising it for that is quite important though too, no? I dislike religion, and Islam especially, for a whole host of reasons, some of them personal (I was bought up a catholic). No secret there and I've never pretended otherwise. I celebrated Farah last night and made one inappropriate comment which I now regret. Is that OK for you?

Lets say no more and enjoy the last day of the olympics ffs.

Sorry, NYD. You three letter usernames all look the same to me. ;)

I think that is racist slur to "three letter username" forum members.

It's called "threeletterusernameism"

I'd rather sit next to Renton at a wedding than Luke anyway, would be fucking terrified of saying anything that could be construed as politically incorrect and ending up with badly scarred wrists from chinese burns. How precious do you need to be to think a comment in the general chat section of a small Newcastle united forum spoils the national mood? I don't agree with Renton but giving him shit about that comment instead of just discussing it is typical of that sneering holier-than-thou bellend. Always criticises people for their views, rarely offers his own other the one with the safest and highest moral ground. Coming from a man who has dedicated his life's spare time to a violent pursuit too. I know you think I'm a cunt Luke but you are definitely always acting like one. Enjoy the closing ceremony though, hope this post doesn't spoil it for you.

I'd rather sit next to Renton at a wedding than Luke anyway, would be fucking terrified of saying anything that could be construed as politically incorrect and ending up with badly scarred wrists from chinese burns. How precious do you need to be to think a comment in the general chat section of a small Newcastle united forum spoils the national mood? I don't agree with Renton but giving him shit about that comment instead of just discussing it is typical of that sneering holier-than-thou bellend. Always criticises people for their views, rarely offers his own other the one with the safest and highest moral ground. Coming from a man who has dedicated his life's spare time to a violent pursuit too. I know you think I'm a cunt Luke but you are definitely always acting like one. Enjoy the closing ceremony though, hope this post doesn't spoil it for you.

Was pondering chipping in but you've summed it so perfectly so I'll just ....

Plus 1

So impressed was I by the excellent Matthew Syed speaking on Dan Walker's Olympic prog late last night that I went immediately to ebay to get his book 'Bounce' which is mean to be a grand read . Anyone read it ? He also took part in a legacy discussion on 5Live the other day that was great . He's an excellent pundit and a shame the BBC perseveres with some of the balloons they do when it comes to football chatter .

Was pondering chipping in but you've summed it so perfectly so I'll just ....

Plus 1

grand

should anyone else want to continue this debate start a new thread.

And you don't think that is patronising?

I've already described it as a prejudice Luke. Recognising it for that is quite important though too, no? I dislike religion, and Islam especially, for a whole host of reasons, some of them personal (I was bought up a catholic). No secret there and I've never pretended otherwise. I celebrated Farah last night and made one inappropriate comment which I now regret. Is that OK for you?

Lets say no more and enjoy the last day of the olympics ffs.

I was taking the piss with that one. ;)

I respect your ability to identify it as a prejudice, and agree let's move on and enjoy the last day.

I would have posted this earlier but was busy and ironically waiting until I sat down to watch the boxing before I replied.

Not going to reply to Chez as this has fuck all to do with him and I've made my views perfectly clear.

Evans looks in trouble, 5 points down going into the third.

I love the fact that Stephen Kiprotitch just won the marathon, went on his knees, touched his head to the floor THEN blessed himself. Renton must be seething! :D

I think we're all prone to giving ourselves the odd sly blessing when the coast's clear . FACT .

So impressed was I by the excellent Matthew Syed speaking on Dan Walker's Olympic prog late last night that I went immediately to ebay to get his book 'Bounce' which is mean to be a grand read . Anyone read it ? He also took part in a legacy discussion on 5Live the other day that was great . He's an excellent pundit and a shame the BBC perseveres with some of the balloons they do when it comes to football chatter .

He's a fucking arsehole that hates Newcastle fans.

Try and find any article he's written about NUFC - the man is a cunt.

(Sorry Cath I don't usually apologise I know, but when it comes to people like him it needs to be stated loud and absolutely clear with no apologies)