• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looked good yesterday, had a couple of fumbles but first game nerves and all that. Reckon he will play on Thursday with Gosling.

Thursday should be great to get a good look at the likes of Marveaux, Ferguson and some of the new boys.

Where was Marveaux today?

Anita certainly looks like he's going to get forward more than Tiote. I don't think there should be any problem for them to play together.

If the stories are true, we lost him

Couldn't get a hold of him to replace Shola on the bench.

Tbh it looked like no-one would be able to get a hold of anyone at the stadium yesterday, hence the shambles that went on trying to sort out Pardew out with some form of communication equipment (headset etc).

Had to relay information back and forth in person via Donachie ffs.

• 2 months later...

Speaking on his adjustment period from the Dutch League to the Premier League, he told the Chronicle: “It is very different.

“The play goes up and down, up and down.

“It is different and you feel it in your legs – you become tired more quickly than in Holland.”

He added: “You must work hard in training and if you play, you must give everything.

“It is great and it is the biggest league in the world, so I am happy to play in it.

“I have to adapt quickly and make it my own.”

I do think people are being harsh on him at the moment. He's trying to adapt to a very different league in a team that really isn't playing well. It's not going to be easy for him to come in and be at his best straight away in these conditions. A lot of players take a good while to adjust (just look at Colo and Ben Arfa) and in the past as a club I don't think we've always handled players who haven't immediately adapted very well. We need to be patient and give the lad a chance to really get into his stride.

Ajax fans were gutted to see him go. The same Ajax that just out played Man City in 2 games and are playing some of the nicest football in the world bar Barca atm. He's obviously got the ability, you just need to look at his goal last week to see that. He's played 6 or 7 games in England so far, anyone who is writing him off already should be over posting on N-O with the rest of the kids. He could be a special player in another 6 months

Ajax fans were gutted to see him go. The same Ajax that just out played Man City in 2 games and are playing some of the nicest football in the world bar Barca atm. He's obviously got the ability, you just need to look at his goal last week to see that. He's played 6 or 7 games in England so far, anyone who is writing him off already should be over posting on N-O with the rest of the kids. He could be a special player in another 6 months

Didnt you write Ba off after 45 minutes ?

• 4 weeks later...

Thought he was average and only really played ok when he was playing near Ben Arfa, who was always looking for the ball and thereby making Dobson's job easier.