Other games

nortoon

Jon in Manchester on text: "The Ibra lovers are pouring forward. Lovely goal, but I will only be convinced if he turns up consistently in the games that mean something. Let's see if he's knocking them in once we get into the quarters of the CL. I bet he won't".

These people only watch this guy when he plays an English club (or the national side in this instance), and base their entire opinion on what they see. Sad.

Mick in Cheltenham: "Joe Hart has to be one of the most overrated keepers around. Give Fraser Forster a game, far superior as demonstrated by his flawless performances against Barcelona. Hart's form has been suspect for some time now."

:jesuswept:

They've seen him play twice agains Barca, and not seen the countless goals he's let in against SPL sides.

For me one of the joys of internationals is seeing a relatively weak team with one freakishly outstanding player, fascinating to watch.

edit* weak may be being harsh on the rest of Sweden but by that I mean they're obviously no where near Zlatan's level.

Edited by jonasjuice

Aye amazing the amount of teams who do relatively well when they have one or two world class players, or one properly special player who bring the rest up a level or two just by being on the pitch

Like Michael Laudrup when he was in the danish side, Hagi for Romania etc.

Denmark won Euro 92 minus Laudrup mind. ;)

One of the worst sounds in football is hearing them cunts singing Wise Men Say to salute a victory.

On the bright side there were only about 12 of the bastards there by the looks of things.