Other games

nortoon

Would have been great to see Stoke and Sunderland battle it survive. Now that we are in the shite ourselves its not going to be nearly as fun. Not feeling confident about tomorrow at all.

Nobody is because Fulham are a good team, Jol is a good manager. However if we create like we did on Thursday and get a little less horrendous luck we'll do ok.

We're pathetic. Fighting for the Champions League one season, fighting relegation with more or less the same team (plus a few improvements half way and minus Ba) the next.

:lol:

What made you support NUFC, again?

It's not really the same team if it's half injured/suspended & your striker is playing only for himself before sodding off.

Pardew is to blame for some of it - but Llambias/Ashley not building on that squad in summer is criminal.

Well Pardew said he believed our squad after the summer window could qualify for the Champions League and told the board to keep the team together.

Even with injuries and last summer there's no fucking way this squad should be in the midst of a relegation scrap. The buck stops at Pardew for that as far as I'm concerned.

I'm even jealous of the way Aston Villa actually attack teams, that's right Aston FUCKING Villa. That's how bad this season has been and the football under Pardew.

Well Pardew said he believed our squad after the summer window could qualify for the Champions League and told the board to keep the team together.

Or was that Pardew putting a brave face on things?...he's not a puppet tbf, but he does have puppet-ish tendancies and will do the grown up's PR for them "gotta thank Mike and Derek blah blah blah...." Pardew goes along with what he's given. And will say he likes it.

What made you support NUFC, again?

What's so wrong with that post? I know things have been worse and I should be glad I didn't support the club in the bad old days etc but it still doesn't take away from the fact that we've been so poor as of late. For the reasons Tooj has just shared.

Or was that Pardew putting a brave face on things?...he's not a puppet tbf, but he does have puppet-ish tendancies and will do the grown up's PR for them "gotta thank Mike and Derek blah blah blah...." Pardew goes along with what he's given. And will say he likes it.

He should just keep his mouth shut then in all honesty. It was never good enough to qualify for the Champions League yet to be in the position that we are in now is an utter disgrace and that's all down to him. Some of his tactics this season have been the worst I've ever seen from any Newcastle manager. He can't even deliver long-ball/percentage football as good as Sam Allardyce.

Even with injuries and last summer there's no fucking way this squad should be in the midst of a relegation scrap. The buck stops at Pardew for that as far as I'm concerned.

I'm even jealous of the way Aston Villa actually attack teams, that's right Aston FUCKING Villa. That's how bad this season has been and the football under Pardew.

Pardew will say what he's told to say - that's not going to change. Pardew played the same game last season bar a few games in 433. Of course he's at fault at times - but he was equally negative last season for the majority of it but our luck was opposite.

A lot of heads have turned after Man City away mind - which we threw- +everyone is using the Reading game as a stick to beat him with- because good managers don't make any mistakes. If he'd been properly backed I've no doubt we wouldn't be in this position but we weren't and we are.

We're still top of the injury league, we have two strikers - one who can't play a full match - and it's clear as day Demba was playing for himself before he left and wasn't replaced.

Sack him then & then sack the next guy who doesn't bring us perfect football every season. Negative can also be seen as pragmatic tbh and it's fairly obvious where he picked it up. He hasn't been good this season but neither has anything else - the buck shouldn't stop with the coach. I think a lot of our fans are spoiled from last year, we want great football on zero budget. We have a decent team granted - but we're yet to see it together.

If it was just Pardew - fair play - but it's not & half a seasons negativity is down to the genius upstairs.

What's so wrong with that post? I know things have been worse and I should be glad I didn't support the club in the bad old days etc but it still doesn't take away from the fact that we've been so poor as of late. For the reasons Tooj has just shared.

Tbf you were the first one on here to utter "PARDEW OUT!!!".........its Ashley who appoints, but Pardew gets all the criticsm, with no realistic successors mentioned...I don't understand it.You're lucky you weren't around for the "sack the board" days mate, I fear one as delicate as you may not have survived... Howman used to tie bits of paper with prospective managers names on and throw them at Gordon Mckeag's Jag back then..thats how he used to roll....

He should just keep his mouth shut then in all honesty. It was never good enough to qualify for the Champions League yet to be in the position that we are in now is an utter disgrace and that's all down to him. Some of his tactics this season have been the worst I've ever seen from any Newcastle manager. He can't even deliver long-ball/percentage football as good as Sam Allardyce.

Who appoints the managers again?....

In my eyes it's not about playing the perfect football but how about actually playing to play to the player's strengths? Have some form of a cohesive attacking game plan?

Yes he was let down in the summer yet that's no excuse for us being this low down in the league, he works with a lot better players than the majority of managers in this league get to do so. Now the initial boost our January signings gave him that's fading too and he doesn't know what to do to fix it.

In my eyes it's not about playing the perfect football but how about actually playing to play to the player's strengths? Have some form of a cohesive attacking game plan?

Yes he was let down in the summer yet that's no excuse for us being this low down in the league, he works with a lot better players than the majority of managers in this league get to do so. Now the initial boost our January signings gave him that's fading too and he doesn't know what to do to fix it.

I'm going to wait and see - I've faith we'll stay up & I agree he's underperformed regardless of the cards handed to him - but not to the extent where he needs to go. We need to start again next season but I'm confident he'll play more of the right stuff as players like Williamson/Simpson continue to be replaced by players who aren't scared of having the ball.

Again though - it's the same self serving argument - a better manager will do better - but it doesn't always work like that.

Does Ashley pick the team and do the tactics like?

I sort of agree with you, if he's shite then he should be sacked whether we stay up or not this summer, it would appear you'd agree with that?.... With an 8 year contract that's unllkely. Who gave him that?...theres no criticsm of that, but it would appear that that's a big problem for us if Pardew isn't good enough. Do you think Ashley might "do a Hughton" again?...a man to "take us to the next level"?...

Tbf you were the first one on here to utter "PARDEW OUT!!!".........its Ashley who appoints, but Pardew gets all the criticsm, with no realistic successors mentioned...I don't understand it.You're lucky you weren't around for the "sack the board" days mate, I fear one as delicate as you may not have survived... Howman used to tie bits of paper with prospective managers names on and throw them at Gordon Mckeag's Jag back then..thats how he used to roll....

I said I'm in two minds about Pardew. Appreciative of what he has achieved, aware of things outside of his control (personally have criticised Ashley for not spending in the summer countless times), and understanding that there aren't a wealth of options out there who could replace him and likely do a better job.

Certainly not the first to infer wanting Pardew out, many have said he'll not be going anywhere in the summer because of a lack of aforementioned options, and/or that he - rightly, perhaps - deserves next season and support in the summer (if we stay up) to prove his doubters wrong.

Names on players shirts

Barnsley had to borrow the second strip of Palace today due to a colour clash.Can you play without names on the back.I'm not certain that they played without names,but i cannot imagine they joined the queue in the club shop to have them stuck on.What are the FA rules on having nicknames on shirts.Nani's real name is Luis Carlos Almeida Da Cunha.Could Danny Graham have essembeeofsunderland put on his shirt.

Edited by essembeeofsunderland

Names on players shirts

Barnsley had to borrow the second strip of Palace today due to a colour clash.Can you play without names on the back.I'm not certain that they played without names,but i cannot imagine they joined the queue in the club shop to have them stuck on.What are the FA rules on having nicknames on shirts.Nani's real name is Luis Carlos Almeida Da Cunha.Could Danny Graham have essembeeofsunderland put on his shirt.

VQi8p.gif

Don't know if I'm just mellowing with age, but this seems way ott to me. To say our poor season is ALL down to Pardew is ridiculous. And if it is the case, then he deserves ALL the credit for last year. Personally I'd have Gullit, Souness, Roeder, Allerdyce, and JFK all down as worse managers than Pardew, and that's all relatively recent history.

I don't think we've played that bad recently really. Losses away to spurs and city are expected and happened last year. We were mullered by Wigan last year: this year we lost to a blatantly illegal goal and should have been playing against 10 men most the match. We've still got an outside chance of making the semifinals of the Europa cup, after yet more bad luck on Thursday.

That's not to say I'm not averse to a managerial change should one become available, but in the mean time I wish bed wetters like MT would man up and get behind the manager and team. MT, have you seen Sunderland play recently? Now they should be worried, with or without the new Monkey Heed.

Don't know if I'm just mellowing with age, but this seems way ott to me. To say our poor season is ALL down to Pardew is ridiculous. And if it is the case, then he deserves ALL the credit for last year. Personally I'd have Gullit, Souness, Roeder, Allerdyce, and JFK all down as worse managers than Pardew, and that's all relatively recent history.

I don't think we've played that bad recently really. Losses away to spurs and city are expected and happened last year. We were mullered by Wigan last year: this year we lost to a blatantly illegal goal and should have been playing against 10 men most the match. We've still got an outside chance of making the semifinals of the Europa cup, after yet more bad luck on Thursday.

That's not to say I'm not averse to a managerial change should one become available, but in the mean time I wish bed wetters like MT would man up and get behind the manager and team. MT, have you seen Sunderland play recently? Now they should be worried, with or without the new Monkey Heed.

Man City away might have been expected but it was one of the most limp and gutless performances we've put in for many a time. Of course I don't expect us to go there and win but I at least expect the team to be set out there to give it a bloody good go.

Last season was excellent and mainly down to how good we were defensively and that appears to be what Pardew bases his philosophy on, keeping things tight and rigid at the back yet this season we've been dreadful defensively so it's no surprise on that basis that if we can't play to our manager's midset then we are going to be struggling.

I've been stating for some time my main gripe with Pardew is that he doesn't seem to know what to do to get the best out of the attacking talent of his team. Cisse has had terrible service all season and I know you disagree but I stand by that. He hasn't had anywhere near the level of service a striker of his ilk needs to score goals. He's proven throughout his career that if given the supply line he will score, no matter what the level is.

Even when Ben Arfa was fit earlier on this seeing he was playing so deep he never got chance to show his attacking ability anywhere near what he should have done. Far too often he was picking the ball up on the edge of his own area. I've always been a believer that the best teams defend from the front, whereas Pardew seems to be the opposite as it means his teams wouldn't keep the rigid shape he demands, plus teams that press the ball excellently then have to come up with a plan when they have the ball, something which we don't do so I can see why Pardew wants to play his percentage football because that's his comfort zone. With the players we have I don't believe that's good enough to take us to the level we should be, or certainly not with Pardew at the helm anyway.

Look at Liverpool, they were getting mocked from all corners at the start of the season but you could quite clearly see what Blobfish was trying to do and it's now starting to work.