Other games

nortoon

This from Yahoo Eurosport's report of the Wigan Millwall game:

I'm so glad he's recovered from the tackle. I was ever so worried.

:jesuswept:

Yes, sadly it seems he may be quite the player as well. I didn't think it would lead to the 'psychological trauma' that Martinez was going on about. Although Carver shook him up a bit I'd wager.

With that said, Milwall outdid themselves today and made me despise them more than Wigan. I've watched some of the scenes now - absolute bunch of tossers. In fairness it's probably not their usual fans but even still, it's often their club.

From the Beeb:

Wigan boss Roberto Martinez said the FA Cup semi-final win over Millwall showed the "real" side of Callum McManaman. The 21-year-old faced a barrage of criticism after his wild tackle on Newcastle's Massadio Haidara in a Premier League game last month.

But he scored and played a telling role against Championship side Millwall as Wigan reached their first FA Cup final. "The whole situation has been very unfair on him... but today we saw the real Callum McManaman," said Martinez. "It's great to see that it's now all about his talent. He's an attacker, not a defender, and we can see that in how he takes the goal. He seems like he's been playing at Wembley many, many times." McManaman scored with 12 minutes remaining to seal a return trip to Wembley for Wigan, who went in front through Shaun Maloney's first-half volley on a day marred by fighting amongst the Millwall fans.

Just reading that, the fact that Martinez and Whelan have defended this little scrote to the hilt and even made out he was a victim makes them deserve relegation more than the mackems - they're a rugby club town, shouldn't be allowed near football at all, they've shown nothing but a complete lack of class since the whole thing happened. At least we get some entertainment from playing Sunderland!

From the Beeb:

Just reading that, the fact that Martinez and Whelan have defended this little scrote to the hilt and even made out he was a victim makes them deserve relegation more than the mackems - they're a rugby club town, shouldn't be allowed near football at all, they've shown nothing but a complete lack of class since the whole thing happened. At least we get some entertainment from playing Sunderland!

Sort of agree, but would rather the mackems went down this year and Wigan next. Can't believe they've survived 9 years now in the premiership, that's some achievement tbh.

From the Beeb:

I'm sorry but comments like that really irk me. As Renton has said they've been in the Premier League for almost a decade now on merit. They deserve to be in the league no matter how much of a sower taste the Haidara incident and the aftermath has left.

I hate the attitude that some have about other clubs not being worthy.

ARE YOU CT IN DISGUISE?!

I note he's steering well clear after Pardew followed his advice and started Marveaux and Guttierez at left back and we proceeded to give the most gutless performance of the season.

I note he's steering well clear after Pardew followed his advice and started Marveaux and Guttierez at left back and we proceeded to give the most gutless performance of the season.

Nice bait so I'll bite :lol:

Ive said all along, before he played there against Wigan, that Marveaux should play where Sissoko is in the 4231. (or Cabaye)

At the end of the day though I wouldnt blame any of the players too much , (even though it was a dismal team performance). For me its the mindset they are sent out with and it the way they are asked to play. I have no doubt a more attack minded manager would have had this team purring this season. Its not something that can be proved so its a pointless argument.

Its been a similar story for most of the season regardless who was playing. Im personally just gutted that we seem to be wasting a collection of talent. Cabaye is just a shadow of the player he was or is for France. Tiote too.

If it was my club Id sack him tonight and stick Cabaye in as player manager til the end of the season.

Cant really see where the next points are going to come from as Pardew wont change his ways. Hopefully an individual like HBA will pull something out of the hat and keep us up but Im quite fearful for the run in.

Just come on talksport.No action against Aguero because the ref saw `some' of the incident.This will be a regular excuse now for officials.

It already is a regular excuse for officials. Never mind a two-footed lunge on someone's buttocks if the ref saw it. Not like the match was broadcast on a Sunday afternoon all across the world or anything.

Man City v Wigan tonight

QPR v Stoke

Barca of the north east v Everton

Baggies v Us

West Ham v Wigan

Man Utd v Villa

Possibly 3 points for Wigan at West Ham.Possibly a point for Barca against Everton,maybe 3 though

Stoke could get a point at QPR

At best a point for us.

With Liverpool coming up for us,i'm worried.Very worried.