Disney buys Lucasfilms(/Star Wars)

ADP

I'll probably end up buying the Blu Ray because I really enjoyed it, don't tell Rents though. But I want to watch the film this weekend while I've got an empty house :ok:

KODI it up, don't buy the blu-ray of the single films, wait for the box set, at least it will have the extras on it. none of the marketed versions of TFA have extra scenes/features/interviews just different packaging.

Edited by tooner

:lol: I missed that the first time.

I thought it was just some weird ass unfinished ballad or haiku, the like of which tend to appear on here from time to time...

• 4 months later...

The new one is absolute poop. Disney are proper going to drag this franchise into the gutter and that's without the moonlight. More 'Mary Sue' bullshit...

I vaguely know Gareth Edwards and I had a little belief in him after his excellent 'Monsters' which he rendered the special effects for in his bedroom...But he's been

sucked into a world of Disney shit.

Edited by Park Life

"Feminist SJW Propaganda" :lol: :lol: There's your argument invalid straight away

Word is 50% of the film has gone into re-shoots and Tony Gilroy (Bourne films) is helming it...:lol:

Gilroy had already replaced Edwards in the editing room but Disney are so freaked they've asked him to do loads more.

Rogue One is in deep trouble.

:lol:

It's the removal of any character flaws from a female character (in this case also hopelessly overpowering said female character) usually in a token bid to seem 'feminist' friendly. Unfortunately it tends to ruin the story/character development.

I also think it suggests that writers have a hard time envisioning strong female characters who are actually relateable.

:lol: there's two different variations on the meaning then.

I dunno, I have no issue with strong female characters in a number of films when done well (didn't enjoy it particularly but hunger games was an example of this) but that star wars one was just silly.