The Real Liverpool - Newcastle thread

Aeris

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with that PL. I'd add that some of the criticism of Pardew whilst unfair, is probably highlighting some real weaknesses. I think people know that Pardew wants us to be hard to beat first as winning, not playing with style, is his priority. Last season he said that he focused on getting us organised first before allowing us to play more expansively. However, this season, its not about gelling the 'group' together for the first time and forging relationships, partnerships and understanding. Its about consolidating the team ethics, commitment, organisation and the psychology of being the "5th" best team in the league (heavy on the quote marks). This changes how we approach each game, despite him insisting 'we are Newcastle, therefore we should try to win every game'. That might be true but as a statement it hides the complexity and specific nature of preparation for each game. In all of this, he has come up a wee bit short as the team performances have reflected. I could understand some of the criticism leveled at him last season but found it ridiculously naive and narrow-minded. Having seen what he achieved last season, i think he was won the right to be given the benefit of the doubt in his methods. He deserved it last season, now he has earned it. We'll see where we are at the end of January. A lot of my own analysis of him as a manager will depend on his persuasiveness with the owner to get him the defensive cover we so badly need.

Spot on post this, word for word.

Just another shit game, thrown by Pardews serious inability to put out a balanced team. They were shit and with the right team we would have easily beaten them.

Pardew now has another red card and injuries to add to the excuses, that paper over the cracks.

Once again it was a case of let's hope Ben Arfa can carry the team. Unfortunately most of what he tried didn't come off, but at least he tried.

A front two that have little understanding and a distinct lack of creativity and once again we struggled.

The real plus of the game was a decent showing from Anita which will hopefully give him loads of confidence.

Other than that its getting very boring and predictable watching us this season.

You do realise players win football matches, right, not managers? I'm guessing your misery is impeding this fact from entering your thinking. Not to mention three starters being forced off through injury. Nope, no mention of that either I see.

No team outside of Barcelona will go to Liverpool and automatically "easily beat them" at Anfield. They're a good team, they just rely completely on one forward.

No middle ground with you is there? Liverpool are hardly "shit".

Edited by Monroe Transfer

I agree with that PL. I'd add that some of the criticism of Pardew whilst unfair, is probably highlighting some real weaknesses. I think people know that Pardew wants us to be hard to beat first as winning, not playing with style, is his priority. Last season he said that he focused on getting us organised first before allowing us to play more expansively. However, this season, its not about gelling the 'group' together for the first time and forging relationships, partnerships and understanding. Its about consolidating the team ethics, commitment, organisation and the psychology of being the "5th" best team in the league (heavy on the quote marks). This changes how we approach each game, despite him insisting 'we are Newcastle, therefore we should try to win every game'. That might be true but as a statement it hides the complexity and specific nature of preparation for each game. In all of this, he has come up a wee bit short as the team performances have reflected. I could understand some of the criticism leveled at him last season but found it ridiculously naive and narrow-minded. Having seen what he achieved last season, i think he was won the right to be given the benefit of the doubt in his methods. He deserved it last season, now he has earned it. We'll see where we are at the end of January. A lot of my own analysis of him as a manager will depend on his persuasiveness with the owner to get him the defensive cover we so badly need.

Agreed.

You do realise players win football matches, right, not managers? I'm guessing your misery is impeding this fact from entering your thinking. Not to mention three starters being forced off through injury. Nope, no mention of that either I see.

No team outside of Barcelona will go to Liverpool and automatically "easily beat them" at Anfield. They're a good team, they just rely completely on one forward.

No middle ground with you is there? Liverpool are hardly "shit".

You do realise, that you start most of your patronising posts with, "you do realise".

All good stuff, but in respect of the "wee bit short" have we even once been able to field our full first XI (or even ten of the buggers).

If your going to measure him on persuading Ashley I think you'll be disappointed, if a buy fits the model it'll happen, if not it won't. Also January is a crap transfer window at th best of times.

Krul, Colo and Tiote must have started almost fuck all games together this season. Would be surprised if 2 of the 3 have played 4 games together.

Krul & Colo played 5 together.

All 3 played 2. Tottenham & Mackems

Krul & Colo played 5 together.

All 3 played 2. Tottenham & Mackems

I think saying all three played against the makems is overstating things. Started would be a better description.

And Colo didn't play against Spurs!

Edited by David Kelly

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...