Newcastle United v Wigan Athletic

Christmas Tree

Given recent results, the weather and people getting ready for Christmas, It will be surprising if we can pull in a big crowd for this one. I will be in attendance with all three Tree daughters, however had this not been a pre arranged family outing its a fair bet that I would be residing in the pub for this one.

This is without doubt a must win game. Following this game our next six fixtures see us take on...

Fulham

Man City

QPR

Man United

Arsenal

Everton

By which time we will be into 2013.

That run of fixtures is bad enough, however a "good" win tomorrow just may help us prepare that little bit better.

Perch is ruled out tomorrow night due to suspension.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would like to see Marveaux given a start and Sameobi not given a run at all. Maybe Obertan to come back into the mix as sad as that is to say. We need some pace and movement with Ben Arfa out, but can't have it with no end product (Sammy).

"I can't think of a Premier League club in the last couple of years that has suffered as badly as we have in terms of (injuries to) key players. You can almost look in every position,"

As sympathetic as I am to the injury situation, that's just bollocks. Colo and Tiote weren't injured. They brought that shit on themselves.Tonights opponents have a worse injury list than us. We have 3 first teamers injured basically (Taylor, Ben Arfa, Cabaye).

We don't have the squad to deal with that. Other clubs have had injury crises as bad, but they have the depth to fill gaps with able bodies.

Only for you CT, he's Ashley's boy and will be at the club for the duration of his contract.

Im not sure why people have this belief that Ashley would keep Pardew regardless. Ashley didnt become a billionaire by sticking with something thats not working. I also disagree with the doom mongers who think it would be hard to attract a quality manager here. Im sure there are lots that would be happy to work within this set up.

I personally hope Pardew can sort it out but I do think his over cautious approach has brought a lot of this on himself. Unfortunately though we may be approaching a period of games that would leave him in a very untenable position come January 2nd.

He has commented twice lately that he has changed his approach for the stoke game and will do so again tonight. Hopefully it comes off this time.

If we were playing alright and creating chances and were just lacking a little bit of quality then I would agree with Pardew. But we were playing shit this season when everyone was fit, that's what worries me. Starting to hide behind the Europa and injury factors rather than deal with the real problems.

If we were playing alright and creating chances and were just lacking a little bit of quality then I would agree with Pardew. But we were playing shit this season when everyone was fit, that's what worries me. Starting to hide behind the Europa and injury factors rather than deal with the real problems.

Just wait til the end of the world comes. He'll be blaming that as well!

when was everyone fit?

Given recent results, the weather and people getting ready for Christmas, It will be surprising if we can pull in a big crowd for this one. I will be in attendance with all three Tree daughters, however had this not been a pre arranged family outing its a fair bet that I would be residing in the pub for this one.

This is without doubt a must win game. Following this game our next six fixtures see us take on...

Fulham

Man City

QPR

Man United

Arsenal

Everton

By which time we will be into 2013.

That run of fixtures is bad enough, however a "good" win tomorrow just may help us prepare that little bit better.

Perch is ruled out tomorrow night due to suspension.

I'm surprised you've just noticed this run of games.

Its the reason I said last week after the defeat at Stoke that if we don't pick up the pace,we'll be in the bottom four by the end of the year. People were more interested in saying that Pardew is doing a fantastic job rather than seeing what may well occur.