Gay Marriage in Churches

Christmas Tree

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them."

Please can I join your club, oh please let me.

I suppose if they have to allow blacks in the BNP though.

Perhaps they could legislate to allow under 5s into the Beano club...

http://www.beano.com/terms-conditions

Disgraceful state of affairs when your bairn can't get a Gnasher badge. Ageist.

Does there need to be legislation to allow it? It's not forcing it on the churches, they can still refuse, so is it currently legislated that gay couples CAN'T marry in church?

Does there need to be legislation to allow it? It's not forcing it on the churches, they can still refuse, so is it currently legislated that gay couples CAN'T marry in church?

Gay couples can't get married anywhere in the UK, they can enter into a civil partnership but it technically isn't a marriage.

I would say about time, but it seems its going yo be a rough ride.

The only exception to differentiate it from a traditional marriage is with two gents they need to enter through the rear door.

The only exception to differentiate it from a traditional marriage is with two gents they need to enter through the rear door.

And lasses excluded from churches with phallic towers.

Reflects well on this place that this isn't even being debated on here imo. I.e. just accepted that gay marriage is fair enough. Although maybe Toonpack and Sniffer haven't seen the thread yet :razz:

• 1 month later...

I must admit Ive heard a few of the arguments on five live over the last few days and I cant really get my head around the exact argument of those against it.

I could understand a position if your starting position is being gay is wrong, but the ones I've listened too (probably lying) have said being gay is okay, civil contracts are ok, its just the marriage.

Has anyone nailed the crux of the argument?

I also add this for pure amusement anyway and as proof indeed that there is a God and he is indeed a piss taking fucker. :lol:

You may recall some months ago my young son joined nursery and his key worker had a terrible lisp. My concerns were that he would also struggle to speak properly and would "catch" this lisp. Well now he has moved into a different room and his new key worker is a very pleasant fellow who not only sounds like Graham Norton but also bats for the other team as well.

Of course not wishing to bring further wrath from our gracious Lord, I am of course very happy about this situation and have no concerns whatsoever. :)

Edited by Christmas Tree

I can understand the arguments against it insofar as they come from a place where "marriage between a man and woman is something sacred" to the people concerned - but what they need to understand is it's not, and hasn't ever been. Their marrage might feel like something special, and that's wonderful for them, but have you seen some of life's detritus who already get hitched as the law stands now? You name it, it's out there, from bickering befringed charvas with their sausage roll crumb-smeared offspring serving as bridesmaids and page boys through to Arab oil CEOs snagging their fourth Russian bride until the novelty wears off and they go out looking for number five. If that's not enough to thoroughly devalue the concept of marriage already, it's hard to see how Adam and Steve's Faaaabulous Wedventure will ruin it for everyone.

Of course not wishing to bring further wrath from our gracious Lord, I am of course very happy about this situation and have no concerns whatsoever. :)

No need to be quite so deferential, Meenz will do. ;)