Newcastle United v QPR Saturday 22nd December

Tooj

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was one of the most dire showings by a centre-half I've seen at SJP since Cacapa v. Portsmouth under Fat Sam. Clint Hill can count himself lucky to have completed 90 minutes and only seen one goal. How we only managed to score 1 against that shower of shit is bewildering.

For all CT's dramatics I think Marveaux (or Obertan) should have started instead of Perch. We showed them too much respect and were too narrow. These are the same players that got us to 5th last season and I do think overly negative tactics are holding us back somewhat.

What a relief. QPR were so incredibly shite. We really should have gotten more at them. Thankfully for us Shola had one of his Pele days. The lack of spark as usual was worrying but Pards had enough about him to see and made the substitutions that changed the game. Hopefully we'll be seeing a bit more of Marvueaux now.

On the whole massively relieved!

Massive result that. To be honest, couldn't really give that much of a fuck that we didn't play well right now (may do in a day or two), just happy we've got the win. Wasn't happy with Strolla and Obertan coming on at the time but, in hindsight, aye, nice one Pardew.

The lack of spark as usual was worrying but Pards had enough about him to see and made the substitutions that changed the game.

Think Stevie Wonder gave Pardew a call ten minutes into the second half.

What a relief. QPR were so incredibly shite. We really should have gotten more at them. Thankfully for us Shola had one of his Pele days. The lack of spark as usual was worrying but Pards had enough about him to see and made the substitutions that changed the game. Hopefully we'll be seeing a bit more of Marvueaux now.

On the whole massively relieved!

Thought that after Wigan.

Looks like we are going to sell him or swap him in January but he is exactly what we need in that attacking midfield role, Cool, calm and capable of a dribble but more importantly, picking out a simple pass.

Great to get a win. I'm not pleased with the Ba-Cissé situation though. It could actually be for the good of NUFC if Ba is off in January. Cissé could do the striker job just as good as Ba, but unlike the syrup aficionado he's useless in anything else than the striker role.

Never looked in danger of losing, but it took a bit too long to score against such a shower of shite of a defence.

Obertan should start ahead of Jonas on current form, he came on and looked tricky. Tracked back well too.

Shola's finish was very cooly taken.

FFS!!

I was beginning to doubt we would win.

Them 3 points might just have saved Pard8ws tenure.

Performence was nowt to write home about but at least we won.

Strollers goal was mint.

Never looked in danger of losing, but it took a bit too long to score against such a shower of shite of a defence.

Obertan should start ahead of Jonas on current form, he came on and looked tricky. Tracked back well too.

Shola's finish was very cooly taken.

Which is why I was scared shite QPR were going to nick a goal from a defensive mix up or something of the sort. Would have been typical.

Relief is the word :sweat:

Missing our two most creative players I was always expecting this to be a struggle, especially given 'Arry's habit of getting a team's confidence back.

I've no doubt the usual suspects will appear bemoaning that we didn't destroy QPR 5-0, despite the very obvious lack of depth at the club. Ashley Must strengthen across the board in January. I'd want a right back and a centre half as priorities, but we also clearly need further options in the final 3rd. Be they wide men, attacking midfielders or strikers.

3 perfect subs from Pardew. Looked quite lacklustre & careless today but we ground the result out. They turned out for the draw & frustrated us when we tried to keep it on the deck. The change to long ball made sense as even the best passing team struggle when it's as wet as it was today. Hopefully that'll ease the slide as we have two defeats coming up.

Pardew= tactical genius

Shola= king of kings!

;)

Howmanheyman was pre game threatning to show up in the Trent...i couldn't make it, me man said I was to.get the train straight home :)

EDIT: that should be "me mam".....obviously.... :)

Edited by PaddockLad

We were as good as I expected us to be today. No real (proven) creative players available and tough circumstances meant I could have seen a draw. Biggest positive for me was that Anita looked good and I look forward to seeing him play with Cabaye.

Guttierez's worst performance in a long time. Also, Cisse on the right doesn't work and shouldn't be tried again.

We never looked troubled today but were very poor in the finl 3rd again. Hopefully Remy is a done deal on January 1st

Agreed. Cisse looked right pissed today as well.