Who likes their job?

Kevin Carr's Gloves

I worked in The Criterion pub for 3 years and loved it.

I worked at Asda for one night and never went back, fuck doing a job you can't stand.

I worked at BT on the phones cold calling people and enjoyed it.

I worked for EDS testing, coding and designing and never got the Sunday night blues once

Now I work as a manager for HP and I'm bored shitless or clueless just about every second at my desk that I'm not on Toontastic. They pay better than Asda though, so I ain't gonna show the same willingness to just not show up any more.

I basically like my job, but I'm (finally) getting bored of it. Not ready to jump ship just yet, especially with the economy the way it is, but I reckon I'll be looking to do something different in a couple of years even if it means taking a hit financially.

I worked in The Criterion pub for 3 years and loved it.

I worked at Asda for one night and never went back, fuck doing a job you can't stand.

I worked at BT on the phones cold calling people and enjoyed it.

I worked for EDS testing, coding and designing and never got the Sunday night blues once

Now I work as a manager for HP and I'm bored shitless or clueless just about every second at my desk that I'm not on Toontastic. They pay better than Asda though, so I ain't gonna show the same willingness to just not show up any more.

I'll bear that in mind next time I'm trying to get some twat to let me place an order so I can spend some money on Linux resources. Useless fuckers.

Love my job, stressfull as fuck but a "challenge" which is always good.

Like mine. Even without it being my own business, I like the industry I'm in. I work with canny people and we have a laugh. of course it's stressful and I never really get a day off as I can't switch off from it.

I'm a high school teacher and wouldn't swap it for anything. Plenty of stress, plenty of sleepless nights wondering about how I can reach some of the kids, the job comes home with me every day, the pay isn't great, but I'm doing what I love and helping to make a difference and that's good enough for me.

I hate, nay, detest the working hours I do. Job itself can be shit, sometimes not bad, usually boring but I can't just flit off as it's a decent payer and my Wife can't work. I'd love to do something different and work days mon-fri.

On paper my job should be great but for some reason I just don't like it 90% off the time. Morale in the NHS is pretty low art the moment as a rule though. My pay is going down in real terms year on year and there's little fun to be had.

I enjoyed my job, but I think I'm going to have to move on. Fuck all progression and they're taking the piss too often with changes here and there to working conditions.

I enjoyed my job, but I think I'm going to have to move on. Fuck all progression and they're taking the piss too often with changes here and there to working conditions.

Everywhere does. Thank CT's hero for nobody willing/able to do anything about it.

Everywhere does. Thank CT's hero for nobody willing/able to do anything about it.

There's a union at our place, but only 30 members, so diddly squat power.

I'll just set about finding something new. I've no mortgage or dependants.

I work 7am till 3pm, 3pm till 11pm and then 11pm till 7am. Days, afternoons, nights. I can't stand working afternoon shifts but the others aren't so bad. I'm getting a degree in Mechanical Engineering off them so that's why I'm sticking around, probably for the next 3 years.

My job is very hit and miss. My manager is class, is manager not so much so it depends who I am dealing with.

Fair too unrealistic targets set but we have to lie to those at the top about things so they can't understand why certain things aren't being done.

They have basically scraped my role so I have had to reapply for a new position. Applied for something I have previously done and even trained numerous people above me to do, written procedures etc.. but know I won't get it as I don't have some of the qualifications in the job specs. I think not getting this role will be the thing that finally pushes me to try something different.

Gejon , pissed as a Christmas rat :lol:

Mind , I can't talk, I've gone French stylee today- started with several Bucks Fizz just before midday, onto my 4th bottle of red, (with a few port and brandys after lunch , as a digestif of course ;). )

Now getting the sexy eye from the bottle of Pussers Rum , " Come, drink me Fisty, you know I'm better than the rest!"

Only the immense amount of food consumed is stopping my collapse into booze snooze.